Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2012, 20:12   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power

I don't know Dzire prices but to me, You are comparing apples to oranges. Don't compare new Dzire LXi to Dzire Tour D. Instead compare New Dzire LDi to Tour and see the price difference.

As you mentioned, Tour D is cheaper by 8k than LXi, so new Dzire LDi should be even more expansive.
You got me wrong, Lxi of both the new dzire & tour are priced same while Ldi of tour is cheaper by 8k as compared to the new dzire Ldi.
Old 23rd August 2012, 23:32   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: The old Dzire is back, named 'DZire Tour'!

Ok folks, here is it:
Dzire Tour now available to private buyers | News | Autocar India

Not a wise move by Maruti.

(All prices ex-showroom Mumbai)
According to this article:
Tour Petrol: 5.12L
Tour Diesel: 6.16L

Prices for new Dzire from Maruti website:
Dzire LXi: 5.13
Dzire LDi: 6.25

Only advantage that the Tour has is a bigger boot.
Old 23rd August 2012, 23:51   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6

You got me wrong, Lxi of both the new dzire & tour are priced same while Ldi of tour is cheaper by 8k as compared to the new dzire Ldi.
Ohh ok. Thank you for correction. As per the post above, I don't see any value for a private buyer to go for Dzire Tour as the bigger boot does not justify such a small price difference, Unless there are some major features present in Dzire Tour that are missing on LXi.

Last edited by Nitrous Power : 23rd August 2012 at 23:53.
Old 16th October 2012, 09:12   #64
BANNED

I think Maruti can redesign the front and rear bumpers, and chop-off the boot a bit to make this old DZire under 4m length to avail the small car tax advantage while still having a 400+L boot space. (I checked it with the DZire, and reducing a 16cm length is easily possible by the above steps! )

The tax advantage of around 50K can directly go into Maruti's account (), or can be passed to the consumer. In the former case, Maruti can earn a minimum of Rs 120 crores per year (assuming a monthly sale of DZire Tour as low as 2000!), and in the latter case, the DZire tour Petrol pricing can be started as low as 4.5L!
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 08:46   #65
BHPian

Hi,
This question still remains unanswered. Even Maruti Company officials refused to divulge the details.
I personally believe that the person who posts this photo must get a prize.
Have you ever come across a PETROL DZIRE TOUR LXI?
If you have please post a photo.
I have enquired with the dealer about the LXI TOUR and he says that the car was never launched as it would have squashed the ritz and swift petrol models. Even Dzire petrol would have suffered.
This is absolutely outrageous. The Dealer tells me that only 10-15 LXI Tours were sold in India. The engine was the KB Series Ritz petrol Engine with the following specs-
1. Power-85PS
2.Torque-113kgm @ 5000 rpm
3.17.3 kmpl-Yes the car did give 0.2 kmpl more than the Ritz petrol due to aerodynamics.

All these data were provided by the Dealer and I am very sorry but I have no official papers to prove them.
Hope someone clears this mystery.
Old 3rd March 2015, 09:26   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok Naik View Post
Hi,
The engine was the KB Series Ritz petrol Engine with the following specs-
1. Power-85PS
2.Torque-113kgm @ 5000 rpm
3.17.3 kmpl-Yes the car did give 0.2 kmpl more than the Ritz petrol due to aerodynamics.

All these data were provided by the Dealer and I am very sorry but I have no official papers to prove them.
Hope someone clears this mystery.
Though I am not sure, I guess the unsold LXi version of the old dzire would have been sold of as tour after the new model was launched to clear off the stock. The Lxi and Ldi versions saw very few takers since the highest selling was the V variants.

Coming to think of it, what about cities where taxis are supposed to run on CNG?
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 12:45   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Though I am not sure, I guess the unsold LXi version of the old dzire would have been sold of as tour after the new model was launched to clear off the stock. The Lxi and Ldi versions saw very few takers since the highest selling was the V variants.

Coming to think of it, what about cities where taxis are supposed to run on CNG?
I guess you are spot on. Maruti must have disposed off the LXIs and LDIs of the old Dzire model under the guise of the Dzire Tour model. Why did this not strike me?
But still some photos would make matters crystal clear. Maybe some members residing in Bengaluru and other big metros can surely locate some LXI Tours and enlighten us all.
If the Tour LXI petrol is still available, you can buy it with your eyes closed. It is a great vehicle.
VVT engines are better but for low monthly running the KB series engine is a gem.
Old 16th July 2015, 17:24   #68
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Anyone interested in the Dzire Tour's sales numbers, check this thread out - link.

Its doing 3,500 / month...up from 1,000 / month in 2012 - 2013.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 17:28   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Anyone interested in the Dzire Tour's sales numbers, check this thread out - link.

I've noticed lots of Dzire Meru cabs in the last couple of years. Verito, even being the much-loved Logan under the M&M exterior doesn't seem as popular with cabbies anymore. Etios is a decent hit with the taxi segment too.
Old 16th July 2015, 17:29   #70
BANNED

Quote:

Source: http://www.marutisuzuki.com/pressrelease.aspx

2893 in June 2015.
3190 in May 2015.
1826 in April 2015.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 16th July 2015 at 17:30.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 20:58   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Anyone interested in the Dzire Tour's sales numbers
HI mods, the sale figures are out here: http://management-punditz.blogspot.i...june-2015.html

Will we get a sales data thread based on this?

The truth is, since there are big launches like Jazz, SCross and Creta which kept us glued to their respective threads, I was not much thinking of it.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 16th July 2015 at 21:00.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 09:48   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Verito, even being the much-loved Logan under the M&M exterior doesn't seem as popular with cabbies anymore.
A cabbie I rode with recently told me his Verito was very expensive to maintain because of the cost of spares. The reason, according to him, was because "everything has to come from Renault". Perhaps this is turning them off.
Old 27th December 2016, 20:44   #73
RSR
Senior - BHPian

I guess this is on expected lines. The current DZire would probably be re-positioned as the DZire Tour soon after the next gen. DZire is launched.

Yes, the current DZire is not as suited as the DZire Tour for cab duties, but it would help Maruti Suzuki to maintain their share of the rapidly growing fleet market pie. The yellow-board segment is something that no manufacturer can ignore now, thanks to the likes of Uber & Ola.

Many sub-4m compact sedans like the Amaze, Aspire, Vibe, Xcent & Zest (in addition to the very first sub-4m sedan, Indigo CS) already do duty as cabs, so it wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary to have yet another sub-4m sedan as a taxi.
Old 28th December 2016, 00:27   #74
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't maruti have the option of making the current gen dzire bigger (boot space wise)? I remember when they launched the chopped 4m version, they had mentioned that a full sized Dzire was also being developed. We didn't however see it during the lifecycle of the car. With a demand of 3000 plus every month (36000 annually), they could just pull a surprise

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks