Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2012, 16:12   #46
BHPian

Re: The old Dzire is back, named 'DZire Tour'!

I have been witnessing this version for quite a few weeks now and that too all of these I have noticed have yellow number plates which means these are commercial cabs or part of some fleet. Can someone shed some light if this has been released only for commercial purchases or sales are open to all? I haven't come across a single Tour edition till now which doesn't have the yellow plates. How does Maruti control who can buy this version of the car? Is it even legal to restrict sales to only a particular group of customers if the car is openly available in the market?
Old 9th July 2012, 23:43   #47
BHPian

Have been on holiday tour to Himachal Pradesh since last 1 week & enroute seen many DZire Tour & on seeing it head-on, the first impression comes out to be that its a Re-fabricated Old DZire in a local garage, who've opted to install Old swift's face bits like Honeycomb non-chrome radiator grille & same old front bumper with no expressions, as they're cheap & easily available.

Finishing job didn't seemed to be good either for a brand new or a month old car, previously which was better though.
I guess its having Partial fabric-Partial PVC seats also, like Alto, etc.
Old 10th July 2012, 10:10   #48
BHPian

Providing black bumpers is good cost-cutting thought by Maruti if they only plan to sell these as cab companies like Meru etc. They paint their bumpers to match their trade mark colour anyway.
Old 10th July 2012, 11:15   #49
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

There was some chatter some time back which led me to believe that MSIL were indeed going to resurrect the old DZire and allow it to sell alongside their new Dzire.

Primarily this DZire Tour is planned for sale to the Fleet operator and taxi segment. Basically it is a good car and will make a lot of sense for a fleet operator to buy, because it is a Maruti in the end and hence, reliable and easy to service as well as cheap to run and maintain.

The point made a few posts back about the Logan vehicles having done huge mileage is true. I have a regular cabbie whom we use for Airport jaunts.
His Logan has clocked almost 4 lac kilometers - at last count it was 3.75 lac - genuine mileage.
Now the body and the interiors are beginning to flag a bit and frankly can do with a revamp, but the engine still runs true. Amazing eh?
Old 10th July 2012, 11:24   #50
BHPian

I saw it on the road a couple of days back. It had the front and rear bumper in black. Is it sold only in the colour White? Now what happens to those who have an old gen Dezire? Especially when they try to sell one? It is still better than a new gen dezire, but will the resale value drop?
Old 10th July 2012, 11:27   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

On an airport tour, I was sent this 'New' looking logan. No dings or scratches, fresh looking panels, headlamp etc. After getting into the car, it rode well to. A slight peep into the console showed a reading of 93900kms. That day I came to a conclusion that this car has great capacity to gather more miles. Four lakh kms without an overhaul is a fantastic reliability record, compared to what I have heard from Tata Indica/Indigo drivers. For them, longer engine life will save costs of rebuild, which is a considerable amount compared to what they earn. Also, these days, the Taxi market also has got options, and the driver said that they are no longer preferring Tatas. I see more of Toyota Etios, Verito/Logan and now Dzire tours now running on yellow boards.

The DDiS engine or the JTD in general will be put to the real test now. Having read the thread of Epicenter.Rulez and coming across a 1.6lakh km run Swift diesel, I hope this car too will have a similar record. However, the SA in the MASS I visit expects the engine to be fine at least till 200k kms. But when it comes to interiors, plastics etc, I doubt they would be able to withstand the abuse.

EDIT: Unless its a petrol or a diesel that is totally battered, resale will be good as there will be a taxi guy waiting for a car. As it has entered the taxi market, you can expect both commercial as well as private buyers who will be interested in the car.

Last edited by audioholic : 10th July 2012 at 11:40.
Old 10th July 2012, 11:53   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Even I have been in a couple of Logan cabs and both sported 300k+ kms. Infact one was 380k+ kms but was running ok.

The interior and exterior were also in pretty decent shape after all this kms. The engine felt smooth but lacked a bit of punch. The car shuddered a bit in 2nd gear while slowly taking off from a speed breaker. Also there a couple of minor squeeks from the interiors but overall it was a very pleasant and comfortable ride.
Old 12th July 2012, 10:17   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01BE View Post
I saw it on the road a couple of days back. It had the front and rear bumper in black. Is it sold only in the colour White? Now what happens to those who have an old gen Dezire? Especially when they try to sell one? It is still better than a new gen dezire, but will the resale value drop?
Ahem. I was surprised to see a DZire Tour edition with normal (as in not yellow) number plates and a white bumper on my way to office today. This means that neither it was a cab nor part of a fleet but owned by some individual. It seems Maruti is selling the old Dzire with the "Tour" badging to those who like it and want it. Can anybody who has recently checked the DZire shed some light? Would be interesting to see if Maruti is actually offering both versions of DZire to customers and what would new customers do. Would they now opt for the old DZire which IMO looked more of a car due to the new DZire's not much of a trunk.
Old 12th July 2012, 11:27   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
This means that neither it was a cab nor part of a fleet but owned by some individual. It seems Maruti is selling the old Dzire with the "Tour" badging to those who like it and want it. Can anybody who has recently checked the DZire shed some light? Would be interesting to see if Maruti is actually offering both versions of DZire to customers and what would new customers do. Would they now opt for the old DZire which IMO looked more of a car due to the new DZire's not much of a trunk.
The Tour, AFAIK, is available now for private registration. The website is yet to be updated with price details, and the car is pretty basic, as can be seen from photos posted before.

It makes sense as an office or business vehicle, no doubt. Larger boot, proven reliability, contemporary power-train, Maruti peace of mind, etc. etc.; and the bumpers can always be painted, a basic USB audio added, and also, front power windows can be easily added- that would make an excellent office runabout. Or suitable for people with business requiring larger boot space.

There are actually very few options in the segment. You have the Manza, which might get its power windows stuck in the rains or headlamps giving out in the night for all its worth, or the Verito, of which although still manufactured, sold and serviced by Mahindra as always, there has been talk about problems being more frequent. How come that, I wonder?

Last edited by Yeldo : 12th July 2012 at 11:30.
Old 12th July 2012, 11:49   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01BE View Post
It is still better than a new gen dezire, but will the resale value drop?
The ones selling their old Dzire in the market are already having a hard time. With this Dzire tour undercutting the new Dzire in price, V & Z-variant owners will have a hard time selling off their cars, especially if they have a white coloured car. Metallic colours still have a decent value I hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Any idea about the interior cost cutting? I bet that the plastic quality would be worse than the outgoing dzire.
Plastic quality is not worse than the outgoing Dzire. But the drab all black dashboard & steering look uninspiring. The dash clock looks 'local' in fit & finish. My only gripe with this car were the seats, which were nowhere near the old Dzire in comfort. they are hard & placed low down. I think they have used the material which is used for making bicycle seats.

you know, the ones which are like these
The old Dzire is back, named 'DZire  Tour'!-0900114.jpg

Quote:
Can anybody who has recently checked the DZire shed some light? Would be interesting to see if Maruti is actually offering both versions of DZire to customers and what would new customers do.
Dzire tour is available for private use.Of late, I've also been seeing many private dzire tours on the road which is largely because the new one has a 3 month waiting period (Diesel) and you can buy a Dzire LDi tour off the shelf as soon as you make payment.

The dealers are also offering a 'facelift' package for Rs. 5700 wherein the bumpers, door mirrors & handles will be painted white, left side mirror installed (at additional cost) and a chrome garnished front grille & chrome emblems as it was in the old Dzire. I think the new gen Dzire buyers are responding very well to this scheme & hence the increase in Dzire tour purchases.
Old 26th July 2012, 00:22   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Ahem. I was surprised to see a DZire Tour edition with normal (as in not yellow) number plates and a white bumper on my way to office today. This means that neither it was a cab nor part of a fleet but owned by some individual. It seems Maruti is selling the old Dzire with the "Tour" badging to those who like it and want it. Can anybody who has recently checked the DZire shed some light? Would be interesting to see if Maruti is actually offering both versions of DZire to customers and what would new customers do. Would they now opt for the old DZire which IMO looked more of a car due to the new DZire's not much of a trunk.
Yes that is true..Now private registration is allowed for the Dzire Tour model.. I will be booking one next week. Hear that the car has around 30 features less than that of the old Ldi model. The quality of interior is also as per the price (i.e cheap quality interior) etc, but still it is better in space issues. Atleast it can be called a sedan in contrast to the new model which can not get this badge. Tour will be a good model, as later on aftermarket fittings can make this car look more upmarket. I am trying to get an intel on the Manesar plant issue, as this will only be the issue which can affect the waiting time...
Old 22nd August 2012, 22:55   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ahem. I was surprised to see a DZire Tour edition with normal (as in not yellow) number plates and a white bumper on my way to office today.
I too saw a Dzire tour today bearing white number plates. I'm quite surprised. When I went to book my Ritz (May 2012 end), I casually asked if I could buy the Tour for my personal use. The salesperson said it was not possible. I didn't argue further since I had no intentions to buy the car. Today, to my surprise, the car I saw today bore the same dealership stickers where I bought my Ritz from. Anyone know what is the criteria to buy this car for personal use?

The owner had painted the bumpers, door handles, mirrors. Apart from the stickering and the black strip at the rear (instead of chrome on the original Dzire), I couldn't spot any differences with the original Dzire.

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 22nd August 2012 at 23:03.
Old 23rd August 2012, 00:08   #58
BHPian

Dezire Tour is available for private use also, I also saw a red Tour which was in paint section for bumper and door handle painting, it was private registered
Old 23rd August 2012, 15:02   #59
BHPian

A lot of bhpians have mentioned here that it is good for people on budget. I don't understand how ?
The price of new dzire lxi and dzire tour is same.
4.88 lakhs
The diesel version is cheaper by 8k only.
Old 23rd August 2012, 19:59   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6
A lot of bhpians have mentioned here that it is good for people on budget. I don't understand how ?
The price of new dzire lxi and dzire tour is same.
4.88 lakhs
The diesel version is cheaper by 8k only.
I don't know Dzire prices but to me, You are comparing apples to oranges. Don't compare new Dzire LXi to Dzire Tour D. Instead compare New Dzire LDi to Tour and see the price difference.

As you mentioned, Tour D is cheaper by 8k than LXi, so new Dzire LDi should be even more expansive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks