Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2012, 02:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The old Dzire is back, named 'DZire Tour'!

Cost cutting is evident with the lack of LHS ORVM and the bumpers. I am eager to know the pricing of this car and how will Maruti position it. If the petrol is between 4-5 lakhs on-rd then I see many private buyers too eyeing this car probably as a first car for some and as just a grocery getter for some others (mainly for their small errands).

Great move Maruti-Suzuki. But the Swift-Dzire-Tour badge is ridiculous!!

@ Sid: any idea on what colours are going to be offered??

Last edited by S2!!! : 24th March 2012 at 02:13.
Old 24th March 2012, 21:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

Its actually the other way round. Maruti never passed on the savings in excise due to sub-4 m length of the new dzire. The new one is priced on the same range as the old dzire was priced earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Afterall MSIL have absorbed 12% Taxes in the 'TOUR' version of this car.
Old 24th March 2012, 23:48   #33
BHPian

Have seen the car. I even saw the reaction of Tour operators, they says "ye ghaddi nahi Chalegi. Customer logo ko fetures chaye"
Old 24th March 2012, 23:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Its actually the other way round. Maruti never passed on the savings in excise due to sub-4 m length of the new dzire. The new one is priced on the same range as the old dzire was priced earlier.
I don't think so.
As the New Dzire was Introduced at price ~25k less than Old Dzire.
Since the New Dzire is based on New 2011 Swift Platform & much better over New Swift in terms of Interiors & over Dzire interms of both the latter & Overall design.
So rather than increasing the prices for Introducing the New design, MSIL have absorbed the prices well in the New Dzire & at the same time passed on some Tax benefits as well.

Unlike as they done in previous Swift, when they Introduced 1.2l K12M Petrol engine in it.
Old 25th March 2012, 23:01   #35
BANNED

Thanks Sid for the scoop (after a long time)!

Noticeable changes:

Old Swift-like honey-comb grill instead of chrome inserted horizontal slats.
Black bumpers
No chrome insert on boot door
Sticker-type MARUTI SUZUKI and SWIFT DZire Tour badges!
Old 25th March 2012, 23:08   #36
Senior - BHPian

Probably The car is more targeted towards Fleet operators(radio cabs) and Balck Yellow taxi's, rather than private cab operators.
Old 28th March 2012, 13:04   #37
Senior - BHPian

I think this is a good move actually! You have 6 lakh plus swifts + dzire of the earlier generation on the road now. Maruti has to anyway keep a healthy stock of spares for these cars for the next 5 years minimum. And it doesnt hurt to maximize your sales by selling this to the fleet operators!
I know a KSTDC cab driver very well, who has been ferrying me to the Bangalore airport for the past 3-4 years now. He has a Logan like most airport taxis in bangalore and most of these have clocked in excess of 2 lakh kms without any engine issues. So most owner drivers are happy with the logan and even the verito is being bought as taxis now thanks to mahindra's backing. On the contrary you would rarely see owner drivers betting on indigos{at least these days} since they are just too heavy on maintenance. Meru had a huge fleet of Indigo marinas in bangalore and you dont see a single one these days in the airport. Word is that they were just too much to maintain and I'm not sure what Meru is doing with them now.
Coming back to the dzire, I find it actually better than the logan in terms of seating comfort. Yes its not spacious, but the seats offer better thigh support and are more comfortable. But if the dzire tour's seats have been compromised, then it doesnt have any advantage.

Last edited by motorworks : 28th March 2012 at 13:06.
Old 1st July 2012, 08:09   #38

I went to Indus Motors (Kakkanad, Kochi) yesterday for taking a look at the new Dzire for one of my friends and the boot space didnt appeals us at all. The sales Manager then confirmed that the Swift Dzire Tour model which has got a bigger boot is now available for private registration as well. As per his say the on road price would be 6.7L.
Old 9th July 2012, 13:42   #39

I saw Dezire Tour car being tested on Road enroute from Jaipur to Gurgaon. Here are few pics for the team.
Attached Thumbnails
The old Dzire is back, named 'DZire  Tour'!-20120624-18.58.38.jpg  

The old Dzire is back, named 'DZire  Tour'!-20120624-18.59.22.jpg  

The old Dzire is back, named 'DZire  Tour'!-20120624-18.59.31.jpg  

Old 9th July 2012, 14:30   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachinb_34 View Post
I saw Dezire Tour car being tested on Road enroute from Jaipur to Gurgaon. Here are few pics for the team.
I too have seen a few Dzire Tour cars being driven around near Varun Motors, Begumpet, Hyderabad. Not sure if they were test driven or being delivered to customers. But one thing for sure is, this looks even more horrible with non body-coloured bumpers. Thanks to Maruti, we have one more ugly looking automobile on our streets. I, for one, would prefer a Verito/Logan to a Dzire tour, due to the formers superior space and ride comfort.
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 15:17   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
But one thing for sure is, this looks even more horrible with non body-coloured bumpers. Thanks to Maruti, we have one more ugly looking automobile on our streets.
Well, from my encounters with this car on various occassions, the trend suggests that most of the owners/customers are getting the bumpers painted before leaving the showroom itself. That, alongwith chrome fittings on the ORVM, boot and door handles is somehow making it hard to differentiate from the old dzire (not that it was good looking on any counts in the first place). The badging is a dead giveaway though, but even that can be easily replaced at accessory shops. However, seems that the owners who took offense to the black bumpers and door handles, doesn't mind the new badging.
Old 9th July 2012, 15:48   #42
BHPian

Couple of days back, while on a commute with Meru @ Bangalore, the driver was referring to a DZire on cards for replacement of some of old cars. It seems Meru is planning to buy ~200 DZires. This could be it?!
Old 9th July 2012, 15:56   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babu.sundaram View Post
Couple of days back, while on a commute with Meru @ Bangalore, the driver was referring to a DZire on cards for replacement of some of old cars. It seems Meru is planning to buy ~200 DZires. This could be it?!
I think the 'replacements' mentioned are for those Indigo Marinas which were also part of the Meru fleet. There are hardly any Marinas with Meru these days. On the other hand, the Logan owner/drivers are a happy lot as their cars are running strong even after having clocked mileages equal to atleast 4 times round the equator.
Old 9th July 2012, 16:03   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Off late, I have been seeing a lot of these Dzire Tours. Only a very few had those black bumpers still on. Most had got them painted. Any idea about the interior cost cutting? I bet that the plastic quality would be worse than the outgoing dzire.
Old 9th July 2012, 16:08   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
I think the 'replacements' mentioned are for those Indigo Marinas which were also part of the Meru fleet. There are hardly any Marinas with Meru these days. On the other hand, the Logan owner/drivers are a happy lot as their cars are running strong even after having clocked mileages equal to atleast 4 times round the equator.
Interestingly, the driver community believes that DZires would go Marina way!

: I personally happened to sit on a Logan which had done 4L+, with vehicle showing no signs of old age (no rattles, good pick up...).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks