Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2012, 08:44   #16
BHPian

Re: The old Dzire is back, named 'DZire Tour'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
Yes, It is possible, If Manufacturer company decides to do a contract with Commercial Vehicle fleet owner directly and then sells only that many number of cars to dealer. I am sure you know that most of the Taxi fleet Sales happen directly from the company but due to Dealer Company contract it still needs to be sold through dealers. Companies can easily control this type of sales.
What about an ordinary guy without a taxi company who wants to run his DZire as a taxi?

There are always work-arounds. Can a taxi-registered car be sold to by the owner to a person who wants to use it as a private vehicle?
Old 20th March 2012, 10:04   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Why a petrol version when the target customer is taxi segment? I think this is a indication that it might be available for private users as well. People with less budget looking for a bigger boot might opt for this Dzire. As mentioned by swiftnfurious, people can easily spend some extra bucks to make it look good.

Already new Dzire has entered the taxi segment. So, it looks like Maruti has not set any restrictions on new Dzire going towards taxi segment. Same might be applicable for Dzire tour as well.
Old 20th March 2012, 13:34   #18
BHPian

The big boot of the previous Swift Dzire is too precious to relegate to history. Maruti's fortunes in the Taxi segment will steadily improve henceforth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
... do not like the Taxi image of Honda cars unlike Toyota hence we avoid selling Honda cars to Taxi operators.
Mayank, even if Honda did open their cars to the Taxi segment, would there be any substantial sales? 90% of the "yellow plates" I have seen are Diesels, irrespective of how big or expensive the car is. Toyota has a Diesel variant for all of its cars, whereas Honda does not have even a single Diesel variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
This could be real threat to Indigo/Verito which are current favourites of Taxi operators.
I wouldn't call it a "threat". It is more like a notable competitor. The Taxi segment gives utmost importance to back seat space and comfort. The Indigo and Verito score high above the Dzire in these aspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
I actually saw a taxi compact Dzire! I was too shocked to see it that I could not click a pic. And yes, I've seen taxi new Swift too. God knows why they were bought as taxis!
Devil, I have seen a few WagonR and Ritz taxis too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I will be seriously amused to see "who" chooses Dzire taxis to go long distances in the rear seat! It just bounces over rough patches and have a NOT so good rear space. The comfort levels are pretty average compared to Logan or a Manza! I would any day prefer a Indica / Indigo over a Dzire taxi just for the comfort & space those offer!
+1 to that.
Old 20th March 2012, 16:09   #19
Team-BHP Support

Now this is a good move by Maruti-Suzuki.

The taxi market in India is really booming with the surge in intra-city operators and there's immense potential as currently it's only between Logan and Indigo (for non-company cabs).

IIRC, there are plans of Etios being introduced as a taxi so it's good timing by MSIL.

With the pricing and the MS badge, this car has quite the potential to be a favorite. Had a/c not been standard in the DZire Tour, the price would have been even lower and would have catered to an even lower segment.

And about non-taxi operator customers not being able to buy this version of the DZire, how many non-taxi operators bought the Indicab?
Old 20th March 2012, 16:26   #20
BHPian

If as a prospective customer, you enter Maruti Suzuki dealer showroom and end up enquiring about this car lying in the compound, by the time the salesman explains to you that it is the 'New Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire Tour Taxi Only' version, I'm pretty sure you would have lost all interest in it anyway.

Last edited by SankalpDesai : 20th March 2012 at 16:30.
Old 20th March 2012, 16:37   #21
BANNED

So the Swift brand is spanning more and more segments - hatchback, compact sedan, and now the taxi segment. And the news about a full-grown sedan based on Swift by International Suzuki, in the C-segment.

Though this is not a bad idea to cash-in on popular brand names, IMO, they have to develop another market puller in the higher end sedan segment. May be a shrunken Kizashi with a length of 4400mm and fitted with a 1.6L engine, priced around 7L - 9L (made in India, ofcourse!) will do wonders for Maruti / Suzuki.
Old 20th March 2012, 18:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Why a petrol version when the target customer is taxi segment?
In Mumbai almost all taxis WERE petrol cars and have been converted to run on CNG. Padminis, Altos, santros, omnis, logans. The mainstay of the diesel taxi segment is the TATA cars
Old 20th March 2012, 18:54   #23
BHPian

By design, Etios/Manza/Verito anyday suit the needs of Taxi segment better than Dzire Tour.

Toyota is the company to watch for in the Taxi segment. Both their entry products Etios (Sedan) and Liva (Hatch) very well suit the needs of Taxi segment (Rear seat comfort, Boot Space, Reliable Premium T Badge).

Recently, a new taxi fleet TAB CAB has been launched in Mumbai/Thane area (with over 2000+) Toyota Etios Petrol cars (with CNG kits). As a consumer its definately a welcome move , given the domination of Meru, as they are charging exactly same rates as Meru.

Also, I am not sure if it's just me, but in Mumbai/Thane I am seeing a sudden increase in the number of private Etios off late.

We should watch out for the sales of New Swift Dzire for next few months before jumping to a conclusion about its success.

IMHO, The biggest beneficiary of Maruti launching a sub 4-meter New Swift Dzire (in the process losing one of its key USPs, the boot space), seems to be Toyota Etios. I would expect the sales figures of Toyota Etios doubling in the near future.

I would say Dzire Tour (if it is offered to private buyers) might do good numbers and help counter the -ve effect of New Swift Dzire. Hope Maruti offers Dzire Tour for private buyers.
Old 20th March 2012, 20:28   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
I would say Dzire Tour (if it is offered to private buyers) might do good numbers and help counter the -ve effect of New Swift Dzire. Hope Maruti offers Dzire Tour for private buyers.
This is a Taxi specific model similar to the Indigo V Series and the Indicab. This will be available for the Individuals using it as a taxi (commercial purpose), but I doubt if you can register it as your private car.
Old 23rd March 2012, 19:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

Some pics of the so called car clicked by me today at a dealer stockyard. This thing looks straight out of a garbage can but since its a taxi, who cares...the interior seats were omni like vinyls.
Attached Thumbnails
The old Dzire is back, named 'DZire  Tour'!-dsc_0006.jpg  

The old Dzire is back, named 'DZire  Tour'!-dsc_0007.jpg  

The old Dzire is back, named 'DZire  Tour'!-dsc_0008.jpg  

The old Dzire is back, named 'DZire  Tour'!-g.jpg  

The old Dzire is back, named 'DZire  Tour'!-gg.jpg  

sidindica is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 20:00   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Sid, that's your worst scoop ever Looks horrible.

Maruti has proven that they can make a Dzire look even more bad and still manage to sell it more than all the competitors.

Swift -- Dzire -- Tour --> Three english words that make absolutely no sense when put together.
Old 23rd March 2012, 20:10   #27
Senior - BHPian

The car doesnt have an L-ORVM in this age! Wonder how stripped it will be on the inside. Personally, I still feel indigo and verito are very good options for the taxi segment over this dzire.
Old 23rd March 2012, 20:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Company could have saved more by replacing multireflector headlamps and tail lamps,and make it look even worse
Right hand side ORVM could have been alto like, they could have provided a simpler LHS ORVM rather than no mirror.

They will not have much to strip off inside since its going to be sold in ldi version only.

And i dont find anything wrong in this product if its going to bring down the cost of the vehicle.
As Sid said its a Taxi, and as we all know taxi market does not care about the looks part.

Last edited by silverado : 23rd March 2012 at 20:32.
Old 23rd March 2012, 21:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
This is a Taxi specific model similar to the Indigo V Series and the Indicab. This will be available for the Individuals using it as a taxi (commercial purpose), but I doubt if you can register it as your private car.
Sorry, just to clarify, are you saying the RTO will refuse to register this as a private vehicle

If so, under what rules are they permitted to do so. I understand that for a lorry, auto, bus or whatever but for a passenger car
Old 24th March 2012, 01:05   #30
BHPian

Swift avatar with Omni/EECO like Black bumpers & Vinyl seats !!
Even Suzuki wouldn't have even Imagined these, while designing & building the same.
But these changes were necessary to price this car, same as its Sub 4-metre sibling.
Afterall MSIL have absorbed 12% Taxes in the 'TOUR' version of this car.

Would definitely like to see this car, in reality.

Btw, this version will force the company & dealers to maintain the Inventory of Spare parts for Gen1 Swift & Dzire.

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 24th March 2012 at 01:06. Reason: Text addition

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks