Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2012, 07:49   #16
BHPian

Re: Additional Personal Tax for 2nd Vehicle in Andhra Pradesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
You can get a car here as first car. As long as you have no other car listed under your name in AP transport database, You can get a car/bike registered as your first car/bike in AP
Thats a relief and makes some sense now. But what is the logic behind this?
Old 6th April 2012, 12:23   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Probably they think first vehicle is a necessity & second one is a luxury! Karnataka RTO was also planning the same way of tax [taxing the 2nd vehicle additionally] and that was discussed to put a leash on the road-side parking [and they still have been discussing on what needs to be done for that]! As some one said, it makes sense to allow people to have one 2 wheeler & one 4 wheeler without taxes. On the other hand agreeing to another post, anybody who can manage a second vehicle can manage to pay the additional 10K or 20K as well.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th April 2012 at 12:24.
Old 6th April 2012, 12:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
As some one said, it makes sense to allow people to have one 2 wheeler & one 4 wheeler without taxes.
anybody who can manage a second vehicle can manage to pay the additional 10K or 20K as well
I dont understand, on what basis does it make sense to restrict the number of vehicles a person owns?
So if a person has two or more cell phone connections, do the other connections get billed at additional taxes?
If a person has more than one house/piece of property, they need to additional tax for every single additional property they own?
Whoever follows this thought process of additional tax, please enlighten the rest of us.
Old 6th April 2012, 13:24   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms
It's pure stupidity and their greediness to make money... A person can have a car and bike for obvious reasons. But the govt thinks its only the rich man who can have both. People grew up but the stupid laws dint. Even a common man can afford a car these days. It is the govt which is forcing us to break rules these days.
Old 6th August 2013, 13:48   #20
Team-BHP Support

I am planning on selling my Wagon R and buying a new car.

Now if I get a private buyer, then I can wait for the ownership to be changed before I buy the new car.
But what if I end up selling to a dealer.

In that case, the car would still be in my name and I end up paying 14% instead of the 12% that is fair.

Since I have only one vehicle. But the older one may still be in my name.

How is this situation handled?
Old 6th August 2013, 15:01   #21
BANNED

These crooks will soon put a tax on breathing! Many people will lose money if they were to surrender their insurnace on one of their vehicles due to taxation issues, also business depreciations will be hurt.
Old 6th August 2013, 21:31   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I am planning on selling my Wagon R and buying a new car.

Now if I get a private buyer, then I can wait for the ownership to be changed before I buy the new car.
But what if I end up selling to a dealer.

In that case, the car would still be in my name and I end up paying 14% instead of the 12% that is fair.

Since I have only one vehicle. But the older one may still be in my name.

How is this situation handled?
you can produce your transfer deed or form 29 .even otherwise the addl tax is payable only if the vehicle is registered in your name and in same address . In my case i had 2 bikes + 1 car registered in my name already ,i just produced address proof as mentioned in the invoice with only Flat # and without full address as per Property tax records.
rm_arjuna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 01:33   #23
BHPian

Re: Additional Personal Vehicle Tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
the one thing that can get vehicles off the road is strengthening public transport; taxes won't help
I started driving in Hyderabad because there was no public transport from Gachibowli at the time. Later, when I decided to take the public transport to Madhapur, the buses would not stop and passengers were expected to leap out of moving buses, right into the path of moving vehicles behind them. Then, there were autorickshaw strikes that would leave one stranded. I don't have any hope of public transport getting any better, but there are loopholes in the taxation system that I think people would exploit.

Last edited by k_nitin_r : 7th August 2013 at 01:35.
Old 23rd October 2013, 18:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Now Kerala seems to be keen on following this idea
See the news item link:
http://english.manoramaonline.com/cg...5535&BV_ID=@@@
Old 23rd October 2013, 19:18   #25
BHPian

Govt. is looking at innovative ways to fleece us tax payers. To pay for various schemes that are announced before elections.

In-fact the idea of charging extra tax for a second car is not bad. If the second car is used by spouse, I'd rather register the car in his/her name.

However, two wheeler is a necessity and should not be additionally taxed. Most still live in a joint family, and registering vehicles in family members name may not appeal to all. Just my 2 paise.
Old 23rd August 2014, 11:51   #26
BHPian

Reviving a older thread
I got my Car registered under my name with the normal tax. Now I have booked an Activa and the Bank guy asked me to register the vehicle in my wife's name to skip paying the additional tax for second vehicle. Is this applicable from car to bike or only car to car or bike to bike. Problem is my wife doesn't have any proof of staying in Hyderabad. So this question.
Old 23rd August 2014, 12:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reviving a older thread
I got my Car registered under my name with the normal tax. Now I have booked an Activa and the Bank guy asked me to register the vehicle in my wife's name to skip paying the additional tax for second vehicle. Is this applicable from car to bike or only car to car or bike to bike. Problem is my wife doesn't have any proof of staying in Hyderabad. So this question.
Get a rent agreement in the name of your wife of the same place where you live in Hyderabad.
Old 31st August 2014, 10:04   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Get a rent agreement in the name of your wife of the same place where you live in Hyderabad.
Does this needs to be initiated from my landlord or just like that?
Old 31st August 2014, 10:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does this needs to be initiated from my landlord or just like that?
Yes, it will be needed tobe signed by your landlord. Prepare a rent agreement in the joint name you and your wife. That would be much easier as your name willbe present in the rent agreement, your landlord would also have no problem. Or if you are of jugaad type then you yourself can give it to rent to your wife (you become landlord (only on paper) and prepare a rent agreement in the name of your wife) . This is what I do when needed in emergency.

Last edited by mercedised : 31st August 2014 at 10:47.
Old 31st August 2014, 13:13   #30
BHPian

To all here. Please stop providing advice on Tax evasion. This is a respected forum. Don't drag it down.
Cyrus_the_virus is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks