Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2012, 14:17   #1
BHPian

Additional Personal Tax for 2nd Vehicle in Andhra Pradesh

Welcome To TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRAPRADESH - INDIA

A friend went to register his brand new vehicle this week in Hyderabad, and the RTO pulled up his records, said that he already owned a vehicle registered in his name, and have asked him to pay Rs.6000 as he already has a bike registered in his name.

The DD was asked to be taken on "Secretary of the RTO"

The above link does not make sense, and the amount does not get to 14% of the vehicle cost either.

Has anyone come across this? We want some clarity on this before we end up paying unnecessary money to the RTO.

Do give us your inputs.
Old 4th April 2012, 14:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Additional Personal Vehicle Tax

There is already a rule in place that for the second vehicle, one has to pay more towards registration amount.

A simple way to bypass it is to register the older vehicle in a family member's name before applying for the new vehicle's registration.
Old 4th April 2012, 14:37   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper View Post

A friend went to register his brand new vehicle this week in Hyderabad, and the RTO pulled up his records, said that he already owned a vehicle registered in his name, and have asked him to pay Rs.6000 as he already has a bike registered in his name.

The above link does not make sense, and the amount does not get to 14% of the vehicle cost either.

Has anyone come across this? We want some clarity on this before we end up paying unnecessary money to the RTO.

Do give us your inputs.
I am not sure if this is limited to Andhra Pradesh. I had a bike registered in my name, but recently when my dad purchased a scooter, the registration was done in my name without questions asked. I was not at all aware of this rule, and even if this does exists, I have not been asked to do so as in your case.

The registration process for my dad's scooter is not over yet and the number has not yet been regenerated. Will call up the dealer and check if this is the case for me too. If so, I will have to register it in my dad's name.

Thanks for sharing and sorry I cannot provide you any input on this as I myself am confused about this whole thing

Last edited by HorsPwr : 4th April 2012 at 14:51.
Old 4th April 2012, 15:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

I don't think this is applicable in Karnataka as when i got my second car registered there was no problem, even when i got my Baleno registered (With Indica already on my name), there was no problem.

In between the Indica and Baleno the RTO was same (KA03) but in the case of Baleno and Civic the RTO is different (KA03 & KA51).

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 4th April 2012 at 15:34.
Old 4th April 2012, 15:33   #5
BHPian

Checked with the dealer regarding the additional personal vehicle tax issue, and he says its not applicable here in Karnataka. The registration process for my dad's scooter is on course, so no issues as far as multi-registrations are concerned in Karnataka.

Guys from other states can shed some light on this issue with respect to their states
Old 4th April 2012, 16:57   #6
BHPian

I do not think its applicable in Pune - Maharashtra also. As i had Bike registered on my name and registered car also after 8 months. Amount taken by me was the original amount shown by the dealer. Checked my invoice as well. This is one year ago. Will check with friends and let you know for any recent development.
Old 4th April 2012, 18:48   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Its surely not applicable in Delhi also. 3 of our cars are in my dad's name.
Old 4th April 2012, 22:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

Like I said always, AP is India's most backward state and run by greediest politicians on this planet. AP Taxation is highest in India. Congress, TDP , Jagan Congress all are good for nothing. They know only how to fight among themselves. AP is least citizen-friendly state in India. They only know how to loot commonmen in the name of taxes. There is no development anywhere in AP. The AP Govt. tom-toms about Hyderabad but it doesn't even make it to the list of metros which include Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru , Pune, Chennai, Kolkata. Traffic in Hyderabad is worst anywhere under the sun. My rant can go on and on.... While Goa has reduced prices of petrol, AP is mulling increase. Need I say more? These stupid politicians of AP do not even realise that common-man's 100 cc bike runs on petrol and not diesel and petrol price reduction will get them votes.
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 01:50   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper View Post

Do give us your inputs.
Not sure about other states but in hyderabad, There is a rule that if you have a second vehicle on your name, you have to pay 2% tax more on the regular tax. Example if I have a vehicle on my name and I'm getting another vehicle on my name be it two or four wheeler, I have to pay the regular 12% tax and an additional 2% so that makes it 14%. In your friend's case, 12% was already paid to the showroom during the T/R process so he was asked to pay the remaining 2% while registering the car.
kingofmyworld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 01:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 5th April 2012 at 16:17.
wildsdi5530 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th April 2012, 10:26   #11
Team-BHP Support

Every family these days needs at least 2 cars. If you go up north, esp. in places like Gurgaon where there's absolutely no public transport, you end up having 1 car per adult family member.

As much as I think this rule is good, it is not enough :

1) people who want to buy a 2nd car have enough money to pay the additional tax
2) nobody would not buy a 2nd car just because there's additional tax

If they are doing this to reduce congestion on roads, the one thing that can get vehicles off the road is strengthening public transport; taxes won't help. We Indians have resigned to fate over them!
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 17:34   #12
BHPian

Re: Additional Personal Tax for 2nd Vehicle in Andhra Pradesh

i have stayed in Punjab (and Chandigarh) and Maharashtra and this rule does not exist in both these states.

seriously, govt. should start providing a world class public transport system before they impose such taxes; many families buy second vehicles because they are left with no choice.
infotech58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 22:41   #13
BHPian

I enquired with Sundaram motors here in Hyderabad regarding the ANHC CE and he said the same.

My query here is, I am from TN and have a vehicle registered under my name there. Does this mean, I cant get my car here in AP ?
Old 5th April 2012, 23:05   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I enquired with Sundaram motors here in Hyderabad regarding the ANHC CE and he said the same.

My query here is, I am from TN and have a vehicle registered under my name there. Does this mean, I cant get my car here in AP ?
You can get a car here as first car. As long as you have no other car listed under your name in AP transport database, You can get a car/bike registered as your first car/bike in AP
Old 5th April 2012, 23:57   #15
BHPian

2 car may be taxable. But I think one 2w and one 4w should be allowed for same name. Dont know when they will also start taxing Cycle

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks