Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2012, 10:13   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata invites feedback from Manza owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
This is a nice initiative and irrespective of how the feedback translates into action session to share details about the car one owns can only add to overall good will. Wasan motors and TATA should carry out more such activities - it really does not cost them much to get mindshare of atleast their own existing customers.
I don't know the end result or outcome, but right now it sounds good that something is happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
Dr. Suraj, I am not sure that Tata Motors is serious. Must be some kind of eyewash. Recently I wrote to customercare@tatamotors.com asking why the oil change in Manza Quadrajet is decreased from 20 K to 10 K kms. I got a reply asking my engine number, chasis number etc. After providing all the details no response even after a week
Also, I am thinking of going to consumer court on this issue. Is it ok for manufactures to change such things after selling the car ? Remember Manza uses synthetic oil and the oil cost itself will be close to 3500 for every 10 K Kms. Add to this a conservative paid service cost of 1200 and wheel balancing and alignment...... cost shoots upto around 6000. Not acceptable to me. Please share your views. Are you guys comfortable with this maintenance cost and synthetic oil change at every 10 K ? I bought manza assuming it is economical to run. Even my Safari service does not cost so much every 10 k :(
I am not sure what you are referring to here. I have not received any such update by my service advisor.

Also - in their new AMC plan (sorry yet to upload) - it is like the BMW extended warranty. Takes care of almost everything you can imagine.
Total peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajanjohn View Post
power ranger,

Take a look at the long term ownership report of a manza here.

You can switch to Selenia WR 5W40 oil. That will reduce your maintenance cost. For the traffic/road condition in Bangalore it will be good for the engine to change oil at 10K interval?

*Edit*
Sorry, I realized lately you been having a conversation with Amit there on that thread as well. Hope you are able to go for Selenia WR 5W40.
Indeed I read that. & its as advised by TM as well. Given in the 2nd or 3rd slide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Is it just me that is wondering why the education about Manza to existing owners??!!

Nevertheless, much needed "initiative" from TML. Finally they are viewing their customers as non-cab drivers..

With the Manza, they have a solid platform to build on. Hope sanity prevails and we seen some VFM UVs coming out. They should do a la Ertiga with the Manza product line, not just the estate and CS skew's.

Lastly, they need to care about fit and finish - else they will become irrelevant.
Excellent idea there, I must say.
They have got an extremely tired and tested platform, well accepted. Loads of goodies too.
Maybe climate control, driver side arm rest, rear air-con - should add to the appeal and value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Yeah, a great initiative and blah blah blah. For what ? 2 weeks back (in pondicherry) , a man (about to retire cop of 59 years), was resting in the Manza, got charred to death as his son & D-I-L went up to a bank to pledge some jewels. Why should this happen ? What is wrong ? We have already heard of many Nanos burning up. Can't this be avoided ? Investigate and find out the problem TATAs, PLEASE !!!
Can you please share with all of us this article? From the newspaper? Because I don't think any such news has been heard around here of Manza catching fires.
Please do share so we can all be alert and safe and know if any such snag does exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Hope Tata realises that theres an incredible vaccum for an affordable diesel sedan with an auto box. Somehow manufacturers are reluctant to couple a diesel engine with an automatic!!
Indeed - they showed off the Auto-box in the Aria in Auto Expo 2012.
I doubt its coming anywhere this year to the Manza.
Their problem is they are SLOW. In the initial updates, in the marketing thrust, in the re-vamping.
They have Manza CS quite ready to roll-out. That is sub 4 meters and such a strong competition to the Dzire.

2 things that I wish to add :

1. My relative in Kutch who bought cancelled a Vento given their horrible attitude and bought a Manza based on my reports - had some problem with the Blaupunkt speaker & HUD and the dealer was making him run around with useless excuses. He contacted me asking for some guidance. I just forwarded the email id of 2 people from Tata Motors.
He too was amazed at the response. What was pending since 2 months was resolved in 3 days with instant phone calls, prompt service and solved the issue offering him good peace of mind.

2. My sincere apologies but I have forgotten to post about the AMC.
They have removed it from the slide, I shall scan the brochures and post it here.
Might try and do it today itself. Sorry for the delay.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 14:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Can you please share with all of us this article? From the newspaper? Because I don't think any such news has been heard around here of Manza catching fires.
Please do share so we can all be alert and safe and know if any such snag does exist.
I read it in the Indian Express the very next day. The bizarre part is that street is crowded with a lot of commercial activity and no one could/tried to save him.

Here you go, an online news report

http://news.webindia123.com/news/Art...1/1962949.html
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 23:27   #18
BHPian

New updates.

Some phenomenal experiences and some new things to share.

Detailed post HERE:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2811906

While few like me always believed in Tata, inspite of a few 'burnt fingers', the recent actions by Tata Motors has left us with some very very broad smiles.
I am referring in particular to the strategy of sending Tata personnel to T.A.S.S.

It is BRILLIANT!
Because - now not only is Tata listening to us (the end consumer), it is also responding lightning fast, re-building it's reputation and eliminating those middle men which have for years messed up the good work and good vision of Mr. Ratan Tata Sir.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks