Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2006, 22:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

PIC: Honda Civic Spied Testing

Hi Guys, while travelling to work in the morning I came upon the new Civic being tested on the Greater Noida Expressway. I recognised the car from quite a distance away and so slowed down and took a picture from my cellphone. It was being driven by two engineers and as soon as they saw me take out a camera they immediately stopped the car so I couldn't take any more photos since I had to rush for a meeting

Anyways on first looks it looks pretty agressive from the front and decent from the rear. The overall look is well balanced and it's a cohesive design unlike the NHC. The badges if you see closely are also hidden by tape to hide the identity. But there was no getting away from merl

I had a chat with a friend of mine who is the editor of a car mag over lunch and he says the car is expected to be launched sometime in May itself So here's hoping we get a good looking and a nice 140 bhp mid-sized car with a price of around 11 lakhs!! I would love to see the sales of Octi's & Corolla's drop with the Civic's lauch.

Anyways will keep you posted if I can get some more pics as I travel daily on the road.

EDIT: Seems Imageshack is down for maintenance so will post the pic as soon as it is back on.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to one per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Dippy : 5th April 2006 at 00:51.
Old 4th April 2006, 22:55   #2
aZa
Senior - BHPian

hey yes i've see a GOLD colored CIVIC many times in Noida and GN Expressway the car was stripped of badging. I'll make sure i click a pic next timeeeee
Old 4th April 2006, 22:58   #3
BANNED

is this a hatch or a sedan ? i dont even know how a sedan looks to be honest. pics anyone. i just hope they give the same interior as they do abroad.
Old 4th April 2006, 23:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

140 BHP. HMM.. Accord is 144 how come civic be a 140. I think specs are not out yet
Old 5th April 2006, 00:15   #5
BHPian

civic has 140bhp (well atleast on honda's website) ... i hope there is no power cut on its way to india ... any idea how many trims are planned for india ... though im expecting the top model to be around 13.2L+ OTR ... 140bhp vtec for 11 lac ?? doubt it ... with the best of the corolla(manual) at 12.5(in delhi) why should the civic be cheap ?? by all means it looks to be a better car than the corolla ... but i guess we'll have to wait for it to hit the road before we make a final call.

Last edited by Fiero : 5th April 2006 at 00:24.
Old 5th April 2006, 00:27   #6
BHPian

civic!! 140!! 1.1 ml?!?!?

octavia bye bye !!!
Old 5th April 2006, 00:43   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
140 BHP. HMM.. Accord is 144 how come civic be a 140. I think specs are not out yet
bigger engines aren't necessarily more powerful...if they want they can easily increase the power to 200+bhp on the 2.4 accord ... but then that would change the entire image of the accord and they would charge you 3Lac more for it
Old 5th April 2006, 01:28   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice find raghava.......waiting for the pics.
If the Civic comes in with 140 bhp, Honda is gonna have to boost the accord 4cyl engine big time or there are gonna land up with civic eating into the accord's sales. A wise move would be to introduce the Acura TSX's i-Vtec 200bhp engine into the accord to create a significant gap with the civic. And the V6 could be discountinued as the 200bhp engine would be almost equal in performance....but i doubt they would do that....guess we will have to wait and watch.
Old 5th April 2006, 02:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

US Accord is now rated at 160 horse. Same engine, K-24 i-VTEC.
Old 5th April 2006, 03:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

My guess is that with the impending facelift of the Accord they will take the horsepower of the 2.4 upto 155-160 and then the Civic can be sold easily at a power level of around 135-140 bhp. Also I would think that the Civic would start around somewhere between 11-12 lacs since pricing it at 13+ would make it too close to the Accord 2.4 and that could jeopardise sales of either model. But I guess we will all know by next month.

But rest assured about one thing that this Civic is going to sell out faster than even Honda can imagine!
Old 5th April 2006, 04:19   #11
Senior - BHPian

corolla is certainly going to be killed by the civic.

Excellent car it is.

But the new acura csx based on civic sucks. It doesnt look sporty nor does it looks plush like other acuras and falls in no mans land.
Old 5th April 2006, 04:49   #12

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well have been seeing the same gold colour civic for the past three months now running up n down the greater noida expressway......but imo on the road it doesnt look as strikin as it did in the auto expo or the magazines....
Old 5th April 2006, 08:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
But the new acura csx based on civic sucks. It doesnt look sporty nor does it looks plush like other acuras and falls in no mans land.
csx uses the RSX's 2.0 engine, otherwise the body is same as Indian Civic.
Old 5th April 2006, 10:07   #14
BHPian

Honda reliability...and brand image will be a big boost for the civic which is a great car as it is...so sales are definately gonna be shooting...no doubt about it...still wish we'd gotten the hatch...its disappointing to compromise on it isnt it?....the hatch is sooooo stunning...the sedan just isnt the same..
Old 5th April 2006, 11:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

honda hasa already upped the accords power to 166 bhp ... but i am sure the civic will be detuned a few horse below 140....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks