Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2006, 18:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnav_Kacker
Honda reliability...and brand image will be a big boost for the civic which is a great car as it is...so sales are definately gonna be shooting...no doubt about it...still wish we'd gotten the hatch...its disappointing to compromise on it isnt it?....the hatch is sooooo stunning...the sedan just isnt the same..
Agreed Arnav the hatch is really stunning and would have been a wonderful car. But look at it from Honda's point of view: Nobody's gonna buy an 11-12 lac hatchback and if it is cheaper let's say around 8 lacs or so with the 1.8 engine then due to its superior space, power, refinement and features it will really affect the sales of the City. So it dosen't make any sense for Honda especially when we very well know that in the Indian market in the upper segments booted cars are much more popular than hatchbacks or estates.
Old 5th April 2006, 18:27   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnav_Kacker
Honda reliability...and brand image will be a big boost for the civic which is a great car as it is
civic seems to be a damn good car ... but in terms of brand image and reliability ... toyota is no less than honda.
Old 5th April 2006, 18:31   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Nobody's gonna buy an 11-12 lac hatchback and if it is cheaper let's say around 8 lacs or so with the 1.8 engine then due to its superior space, power, refinement and features it will really affect the sales of the City.
140bhp (hoping they dont cut power) JAZZ at 8 lac ... doubt it .. even if honda had plans for the jazz in india(unlikely) ...they gonna charge quite a premium on that engine... esp if it stays at 140bhp ... its evident from the 100bhp VTEC

Last edited by Fiero : 5th April 2006 at 18:33.
Old 5th April 2006, 20:08   #19
BHPian

i also saw this car many a times on the same road. but never tried to capture it, since regular sightings of a thing makes it look normal!

nice car anyways.
Old 5th April 2006, 20:28   #20
BHPian

The 06 Civic coupe manf in US look deadly
Old 5th April 2006, 20:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

well, the news is official now; autocar is showing us a brief test on CNBC, on sunday morning; at least that's what the news says. also doing the rounds is the "GOOD" news that the civic WILL be launched before june. let's hope the news guys have hit it right this time....from the looks of it, i've a strong feeling that the pricing is going to be more or less in the corolla, not skoda (RS), region. on a different note, do you think that the Indian tuner scene, which is currently raving for the vRS, would shift it's preference to the civic?
Old 5th April 2006, 20:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would love to see the sales of Octi's & Corolla's drop with the Civic's lauch.
Do you have something against Corolla and Octavia?

I don't know if Honda will manage to keep the 140hp on the car but considering the choc a block Indian roads and slow moving Indian driving conditions, Honda should improve the torque from the current 128lb.ft@4300rpm!. I am not sure about the Corolla and Octavia RS's torque figures, maybe someone can do a comparo between hp, torque and weight of these competing cars.

Last edited by amit : 5th April 2006 at 20:56.
Old 5th April 2006, 23:19   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
corolla is certainly going to be killed by the civic.
what about the just launched CEDIA???

Last edited by Aditya : 6th April 2006 at 07:20.
Old 6th April 2006, 03:36   #24
BHPian

Threads Merge????

Modds.....Shouldnt this thread be merged with...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...cs-thread.html

R
Old 6th April 2006, 04:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
corolla is certainly going to be killed by the civic.

when was it the best seller that it will be killed by the civic? I know what you are trying to hint at.

and on top of that civic will be on the otherside of 10lacs and above. so it partially differentiates the segment.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th April 2006 at 07:20.
Old 6th April 2006, 10:00   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight
Dead on arrival, me thinks
Old 6th April 2006, 16:30   #27
BHPian

Size??

How does the Civic compare in size with Corolla and the Octavia? I mean comfort especially back seat leg space.
Old 6th April 2006, 16:45   #28
BHPian

Civic

When I got my new City Vtec, the sales person informed me that it would be out on roads by June.. well, I think it is still that 140 BHP.. comparison in terms of size, back seat leg space etc, I don't think you will be disappointed. For that matter you look at the new city ZX, you notice that the interiors are good and the leg room is no question, so when you are paying much higher, it should be anything above better..
Old 6th April 2006, 16:52   #29
BHPian

Sounds good. I have seen the front and rear lamps to be different from the one in US. I feel Honda is going to launch a civic Zx later to correct this :-(
Old 7th April 2006, 00:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero
140bhp (hoping they dont cut power) JAZZ at 8 lac ... doubt it .. even if honda had plans for the jazz in india(unlikely) ...they gonna charge quite a premium on that engine... esp if it stays at 140bhp ... its evident from the 100bhp VTEC
Fiero, I think you have misunderstood my post. I am talking about the Civic hatch with the 140bhp engine not the Jazz. If I remember correctly the Jazz is not even offered with the 1.8 engine worldwide.

Most Viewed