Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2012, 19:15   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
post number 302 clearly indicates that the new models Bravo and Panda are soon going to be launched. That’s really good news for FIAT aspirants. So Bravo shall be launched in India
While I would like to be proven wrong, I have been told that the Bravo is not on the launch plans for Fiat India in the immediate future. There is one launch below Punto segment, though I am not sure if that will be only the Panda or something else too.

I would like to add to your list spare parts availability, which they have taken good steps forward with the Punto/ Linea twins.
Old 19th July 2012, 22:05   #332
BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I would like to add to your list spare parts availability, which they have taken good steps forward with the Punto/ Linea twins.
What about Palio spare parts? These are running in good numbers on road all over India, which has kept FIAT alive so far in India.
Old 19th July 2012, 22:50   #333
BHPian

Fiat and Tata have a 50/50 joint venture.

If the venture looses money both partners loose money.
Tatas interest was, to peek in fiat technology & duplicate freely.

Well me think Fiat is a winner here as they can buy tata shares at discounted price later,
as the venture is in red.
then go full throttle & independent.
ritz3645 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 10:22   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Had been to Prerana Motors to make pick up the loan application for my cousin who would be buying the punto from the Sales Advisor. Casually enquired if they are taking up the independent Fiat delearship. He answered in affirmative. Prerana has already signed the agreeement is what he mentioned. The other one who has signed the agreement is KHT.

So what happens to Aadya Motors now?

Not sure whom to believe until they come out announcing it in open.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 12:18   #335
Senior - BHPian

Have the present day Tata-Fiat dealers stopped selling Fiat cars, if not then when will this happen? I don't see any change from KHT motors on ITPL Road. They still have both Tata and Fiat brands.
Old 20th July 2012, 14:13   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
What about Palio spare parts? These are running in good numbers on road all over India, which has kept FIAT alive so far in India.
Palio spare parts shortage is the primary issue that created a Fiat aversion for our generation of car buyers. well, at least thats what is said by most mechanics/ competing car sellers. I know it was a genuine issue in the first few years at least, though from what I hear now this seems to have been rectified to a great extent.

To be honest, what else can competitors nitpick about Fiat cars or engines?
Old 20th July 2012, 14:34   #337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Have the present day Tata-Fiat dealers stopped selling Fiat cars, if not then when will this happen? I don't see any change from KHT motors on ITPL Road. They still have both Tata and Fiat brands.
The current arrangement of Tata showrooms/service centres managing Fiat cars will continue until the Fiat independent dealership/service network is fully set up and running. This would be till around the beginning of next year. That is when the independent network is supposed to kickoff operations
Old 27th July 2012, 10:59   #338
BHPian

Ratan Tata steps down from FIAT India's board

Ratan Tata Steps Down From Fiat's Board | MotorBash.com

Ratan Tata steps down from Fiat's board
sarthakgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 16:37   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
I read that he has stepped down from Fiat Spa not Fiat India. Tata is still a 50% stakeholder in Fiat India.
Old 10th August 2012, 15:06   #340
Senior - BHPian

Just got to read an interview given to Autox by Enrico Atanasio, Head - Commercial- Fiat India. He has spoken about the progress made on the selection of independent fiat dealers and also commented on the sales figures of the first Fiat exclusive showroom in Hyderabad.

Quoted from the interview..
"I can tell you some incredible figures. In its first month of activity, our dedicated showroom in Hyderabad has tripled its volume, and in the fourth month it’s expected to quadruple the volume"

"We announced, with Tata, at the end of April that we are going to separate our distribution network. In the first week of May, I met all the dealers at the yearly convention of Tata. They were very kind to allow me to make a presentation to the full network, and I presented the entire project to them. I also announced to them that in a few days they would be visited by our people, because I couldn’t address the entire plan to 600 people in half an hour.

In the beginning of June, my people began to visit each dealer. And, in that month alone, we made 160 presentations to different dealers – from the existing Tata network, as well as to potential new candidates as well. So, as of now, we’re going full steam ahead. Out of these, there are already a number of candidates that were brought for evaluation during the month of June and the first ten days of July. By the way, in a few minutes I have to meet some potential dealers – so we are running.

By the end of March next year, our objective is to open 80 exclusive dealerships. In addition, we will also include some exclusive workshops, and we will continue this programme throughout next year as well. So, by mid-next year we should have covered all the cities that we are in currently – either with a sales and after-sales outlet, or only an after-sales outlet. It’s quite a challenging process"

The full interview could be read here: Interview - Enrico Atanasio

Last edited by sandsun7 : 10th August 2012 at 15:17.
sandsun7 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 17:29   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post

By the end of March next year, our objective is to open 80 exclusive dealerships. In addition, we will also include some exclusive workshops, and we will continue this programme throughout next year as well. So, by mid-next year we should have covered all the cities that we are in currently – either with a sales and after-sales outlet, or only an after-sales outlet. It’s quite a challenging process"
Too little, too late. By now, FIAT should have set-up atleast one exclusive workshop in each metropolitan city. I had hoped, I would get my car's first service done at a FIAT workshop but that didn't happen. It's been months since the announcement was made and in India's automobile capital (Delhi), there is only one FIAT showroom/cafe.
Old 10th August 2012, 17:56   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Too little, too late. By now, FIAT should have set-up atleast one exclusive workshop in each metropolitan city. I had hoped, I would get my car's first service done at a FIAT workshop but that didn't happen. It's been months since the announcement was made and in India's automobile capital (Delhi), there is only one FIAT showroom/cafe.
FIAT had 2 problems. The primary one was very bad logistics. Their car delivery logistics itself was bad . The spare part logistics was even more pathetic.

I was one of the first buyers of the Palio Stile. The first car which was shipped was damaged in transit. They had to ship a replacement. That took them 1 month. Manufacturing lead time for a car should not be more than 3-4 days at max (assuming that they wont have stock for a new car with less demand) and transit time should be 2-3 days. Assuming dealer takes 3 days for his paper work and getting car ready, it should not take more than 10 days.

The spare part logistics issue is most widely know. Fiat took 3 months to send me a spare headlamp.

The second issue was incompetent service centers. While a few TASS had SAs who could do their job, when compared to say MASS SAs they dint know what they were dealing with.

What fiat needs is better supply chain management and not having their own service centers. Having their own service centers will make sure more competent people work on our cars but will not improve their supply network. I dont think setting up their own service network will improve spare part availability unless they revamp their supply chain practice (which coming from the same field I should say is extremely pathetic).
May be fiat is like us coders who love coding, but dont love supporting the code we have built .

Last edited by zoombiee : 10th August 2012 at 17:57.
zoombiee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 18:24   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quoted from the interview..
"I can tell you some incredible figures. In its first month of activity, our dedicated showroom in Hyderabad has tripled its volume, and in the fourth month it’s expected to quadruple the volume"
On a lighter note, what was the initial volume - 1, 5, 10, 20?

Quote:
In the beginning of June, my people began to visit each dealer. And, in that month alone, we made 160 presentations to different dealers – from the existing Tata network, as well as to potential new candidates as well. So, as of now, we’re going full steam ahead.
Not just "his people", I spotted Mr. Atanasio himself at existing Tata-Fiat dealer Hyson Motors, Thrissur, Kerala today. So they are indeed going full steam ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Too little, too late. By now, FIAT should have set-up atleast one exclusive workshop in each metropolitan city.
The announcement was that they would be 20 exclusive dealerships by the end of the year. We are still some way away from that - both in terms of number and time.
Old 10th August 2012, 21:31   #344
BANNED

Yesterday I heard from the concorde people that FIAT will have its own service centres .. But the biggest joke is TATA will be managing .. Dunno if the news is correct . If it is , then Mods please change the title to "Tata sets up independent dealerships for FIAT "
Old 10th August 2012, 21:47   #345
BHPian

Well ,if fiat is trying to reorder their house ,its welcome move.As a fiat lover I happy that finally they are making the right noises.The next year is very crucial as it will be testing times for the new endevor.
Moreover its been repeated ad nauseum that fiat should launch more models ,they would definitely do it as the things start to warm up and move.
regards
praveen singh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks