Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2012, 01:47   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I am also sure Fiat service will be much better than Tata service.
Fiat only lacks in brand image & perception issues compared to Tata, and this will need some serious investment & time to rebuild.
Why wasnt their service any good prior to asking Tata's help. They were at it on their own for a decade, what happened then?!

Brand image & perception issues are a direct result of their own actions and nobody else can be blamed.
Old 9th May 2012, 08:09   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
See this is the problem.
Only 6 points you have. 6 parts replaced by Fiat. What kind of shoddy service is this? MY safari has had more than 60 parts replaced under warranty. I strongly believe by sticking with Tata they can replace more than 6 parts under warranty, and hence give better service.
Now with no tata, they are only 1/10 as good as Tata, and it makes better sense to buy a Tata car,infact 10 times better sense!

Tata did gain knowledge on making decent cars with the association this far. The Next Generation Safari will see 6 replacements only
Old 9th May 2012, 08:47   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Why wasnt their service any good prior to asking Tata's help. They were at it on their own for a decade, what happened then?!
I can vouch from my own experience that FIAT service was as excellent in 2002-03. I really felt I was dealing with a car manufacturer whose service standards were well above Maruti's (we had an 800 before we got the Palio).

What happened then? The car stopped selling due to concerns (real or imagined) over fuel efficiency, and the dealer lost interest. The general perception was that the car returns a mileage of 6!
Old 9th May 2012, 10:47   #214
BHPian

Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
See this is the problem.
Only 6 points you have. 6 parts replaced by Fiat. What kind of shoddy service is this? MY safari has had more than 60 parts replaced under warranty. I strongly believe by sticking with Tata they can replace more than 6 parts under warranty, and hence give better service.
Now with no tata, they are only 1/10 as good as Tata, and it makes better sense to buy a Tata car,infact 10 times better sense!
Too early in the morning for me, but I sense sarcasm

You've had to change 60 parts! and you're still recommending a TATA car ?
Old 9th May 2012, 12:00   #215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Too early in the morning for me, but I sense sarcasm

You've had to change 60 parts! and you're still recommending a TATA car ?
You sense right.
This is where I was coming from
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-tolerant.html

I see the same story repeating on this thread.
Old 9th May 2012, 17:26   #216
Senior - BHPian

Finally Fiat India opens country's first exclusive dealership in Hyderabad

You can read the news article here : Business Line : Companies News : Fiat opens first exclusive dealership in Hyderabad
Klub Class is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 17:47   #217
BHPian

Read from the above link ...

[ " After inaugurating the new dealership here, Mr Enrico Atanasio, Head-Commercial, Fiat India, said, “Fiat Group views India as a strategic market and will open a new company to leverage this potential. Following our announcement, Tejaswi Motors, an existing dealer for Tata Fiat vehicles, has taken up the initiative to set up this showroom.”

He said the idea is to provide a totally new brand experience and reconfirms the strong relationship the company shares with the Tata Group.

Soon more dealerships are expected to be opened. " ]

So, that clearly tells that Fiat has not actually revved away from Tata's , but adopted a different , more workable approach to retail their products. Just to give the customers a better and focussed approach.
Old 9th May 2012, 17:51   #218
Senior - BHPian

And some people were speculating who in their right minds would invest in a FIAT only dealership, seems FIAT already had things in hand and within days of that press release where they said that now fiat cars wont be sold in Tata dealerships, they have their first exclusive fiat showroom

Would definitely take time setting up independent dealerships across India and am still waiting for that fiat service centre in Delhi NCR , cmon Fiat, yes you can lure new would be owners but do think about old owners as well, visiting Tata service centre is a big pain in you know where.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 18:57   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
So, that clearly tells that Fiat has not actually revved away from Tata's , but adopted a different , more workable approach to retail their products. Just to give the customers a better and focussed approach.
No. Fiat is encouraging the existing Tata-Fiat dealers to take up independent dealership, which is actually a win-win situation for both. For the dealers, they can have the service advisors/technicians who are already trained by Fiat and they don't need to start learning from scratch. If a new dealer opens up, these guys would be poached anyway. Also from sales front, they can just focus on Fiat cars. Hopefully they won't open the new shop in the same building
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 21:34   #220
BHPian

i am glad FIAT opened theier very own service centre in hyderabad. hope they open more very soon. 20 for the entire country for 79k lineas and GP sold would be less im my opinion.

why cant FIAT india put the same information on the webpage of thiers? a lot of faces can see a smile
Old 9th May 2012, 22:30   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
I am certain that this move will make, fiat service even worst. Just 2-3 days back i went to tata service center, coz cars AC was not working. First thing i was told that i had to make a booking before coming.so you have to predict that your car will go wrong at what day and make a pre booking, aaarrgh.

Then i was made to wait for 30 mins in the reception, inspite of telling them i am in hurry. Then SA come and i told him the problem, asked just for a mechanic to check the car and depending upon the problem i will leave the car or wait. After 15 mins SA comes back and tells me it will take at least 1 hour to arrange a mechanic :o. I just left from the service center, i have to look for some private service center now.

Their attitude is so lousy. I have written to tata and fiat customer care, keeping their service heads in cc, its been 3 days and there is no response :(. More than anything fiat needs to replace it useless management. Who cant even reply a email. I am pretty sure lot of linea and punto cutomers are going to be suffer because of this.
just to update this, Well i got a lame reply from tata service today.

"We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

I have been calling to your mobile for past 1 week, but couldn’t reach you.

Please call me in my mobile number (xxxxxxxxxx), so that I can arrange for rectifying your vehicle problems

We assure you our best services"

My no is well and active for past one week. I don't know where they have been calling.

Anyways the best part is when i replied the mail, there were some people from FIAT on CC and it seems they have blocked my email id. I have received mailer daemon for those ids. Its a new low for FIAT service, if you can't reply to a customer just block his email id lol . If this is their attitude towards service, i am 100% sure FIAT India will have to shut shop in India and leave.
Old 11th May 2012, 09:50   #222
BHPian

I have had a diffrent experience with emailing to FIAT. I recently raised a concern as to where to get my Linea serviced, I got three emails one of them from Mr Mangesh Kodalkar that current Tata service center will cater to my service request. All these three emails were received by me withen 24hours of my email.
Old 11th May 2012, 12:03   #223
BHPian

I never had issues with FIAT spares as being raised in one of the posts above in my 6 years of ownership, all the spares were ready available always right from Rack and pinion to coolant container's cap. Once a spare wasn't available and it was ordered and received in 1 week, it was a taillamp assembly.

Once I had to send an email too to the fiat service and not only I got a phone call within 12 hrs both from FIAT and the service advisor but also got the issue resolved.
I have also experienced the excellent response from the service centre(Malik Cars, Hyd) during a breakdown due to TD sensor failure.
Hence I don't believe in so called Fiats lackluster attitude and unavailability of spares. It all depends on the service adviser's attitude in a workshop.
But if one has a fascination with non authorized garages then one may have to worry about the spares for any brand except maybe Maruti.
Hence I am not at all worried about availability of spares. My only concern is that I will have to move from a familiar Tata Workshop to a relatively new Fiat workshop with another dealer.
Old 11th May 2012, 13:45   #224
BHPian

Hyderabad, May 9 (PTI) Fiat India automobiles, which ended its distribution pact with Tata Motors, inaugurated its first independent dealership here today. Enrico Atanasio, Head-Commercial, Fiat India, said the company views India as a very strategic market and will be opening a new company to leverage the potential. "Following our announcement, the fact that an existing Tata Fiat dealer, M/s Tejaswi Motors has taken the initiative in opening up an exclusive showroom for Fiat... reconfirms the strong relationship and overall strategic approach we share with Tata," Atanasio said in a release.

Link Fiat launches independent dealership in Hyderabad, IBN Live News

My apologies. This news has already been posted.

Last edited by lejhoom : 11th May 2012 at 13:48.
Old 11th May 2012, 14:38   #225
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

Has anyone recd any email from Tata - Fiat about this matter? I recd the attached today.

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-image002.jpg
h@r$h@l is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks