I will remove it before the deadline (from a shop) 73 8.99%
I will ground my car and wait & watch for the order to change 375 46.18%
Mine are factory fitted and I can't remove them 39 4.80%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2012, 19:28   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgem

The companies CAN advertise sun-films. Z and Z+ categories can use sunfilm legally and everyone with a connection to police/political person can illegaly use sun-film.

The companies must pull off from the website ONLY if selling is "Banned".
Old 14th August 2012, 20:46   #602
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgem

Yup and as many have defended the SC ruling saying that the Sunfilms were never allowed to begin with since it wasn't explicitly mentioned, then going by the same logic one can still manufacture and buy/sell sunfilms. The court has only banned people from pasting the films on their cars.
Old 14th August 2012, 20:47   #603
BHPian

Another question? 3M on its sun film for cars page has an endorsement from the Skin Cancer Foundation. So, I guess in India, only the high and mighty that have approval from "the higher ups" can protect themselves from skin cancer while in a car
Old 14th August 2012, 21:57   #604
BANNED

Time to lock this thread untill there is a real life update. Things going round and round.
taranonline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 00:40   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_iy View Post
Another question? 3M on its sun film for cars page has an endorsement from the Skin Cancer Foundation. So, I guess in India, only the high and mighty that have approval from "the higher ups" can protect themselves from skin cancer while in a car
Well, melanoma can be said to be a more extreme outcome. While you are in the process of acquiring it, UV will also cause premature skin aging, wrinkling and darkening; and also cataract. If I recall right, India already has one of the highest, if not the highest occurrences of cataract. The honb'le SC will surely help us to become/remain tops in that category.

Its pretty obvious that this interpretation of the SC is a health hazard for all who ride in a car in the sun.

Last edited by Raccoon : 15th August 2012 at 00:43.
Old 15th August 2012, 02:58   #606
BHPian

I have put my decision to remove my films into review, and at the end removal cancelled.
Hon'ble SC has rolled out a ridiculous law just to showcase another ridiculous enforcement.
Why should we, the common man, the only sensible ones, be ridiculous?

Ritz-vdi 2011, CBZ-X-2009
Old 15th August 2012, 06:37   #607
BHPian

so whats the latest on the sunfilm situation.

Yesterday was at a installers place on JP Road and saw sun films being put on many cars. Installer says, stay order on SC order has been put and no checking anymore. Also 50 and 70 Grade can be put safely.

I removed the tints on my Gypsy, but it is a total greenhouse now especially in the afternoons. AC is almost useless.

So whats the latest situation on this front?
Old 15th August 2012, 08:10   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
so whats the latest on the sunfilm situation.

Yesterday was at a installers place on JP Road and saw sun films being put on many cars. Installer says, stay order on SC order has been put and no checking anymore. Also 50 and 70 Grade can be put safely.
When was a stay order issues? I never heard anything on the news. I guess this installer, wants to get rid of his stock and created his own stay order on SC

-Sajan
sajands is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 09:13   #609
Distinguished - BHPian

Yup its just the installers clearing there stocks. I had a chat with a couple of accessory shops in Delhi and both of them told that this is just a temporary set up which happens every couple of years. Things will again calm down in sometime and people will be back with films on there cars. And I am forced to believe that since there are numerous such laws that exist only on the paper and the traffic police fails to implement them except on diwali and other holidays.
Old 15th August 2012, 21:04   #610
BHPian

The new Elantra apparently has Solar Glass.Provides similar protecion as sunfilm claims their website.

Solar Glass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Solar Glass protects the occupants against harmful UV rays while also insulating the cabin interior for enhanced AC performance.

Source:

Advaith Hyundai Web Showroom :: New Fluidic Elantra :: Features :: Safety
Old 16th August 2012, 14:11   #611
Senior - BHPian

^^^If the "Solar Glass" indeed screens out UV rays and also insulates the interior like sunfilms did, then this is a good replacement for the films and would also does not impede visibility (both from inside the car for safe driving and from outside as the SC wants it).

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 16th August 2012 at 14:14.
Old 16th August 2012, 17:09   #612
Senior - BHPian

Traffic police team is checking every vehicles for sun film at Brigade road signal now. Looks like they restarted the drive
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 17:59   #613
BHPian

Companies like 3M CAR CARE still survive as they have a detailing line of business besides the TINT business.

How's V-KOOL dealing with this? Any idea? Have they shut shop?

IMO, choose wisely from the TWO:
1. Comply with the much advertised SC verdict, so you don't give any cop reason to feed his itchy palms.

2. Go ahead and paste a 30/50/70 or even a 100, BUT, you know EXACTLY how to deal with a situation like that - ie, cough up a fine, or a BIG SHOT's number who you can reach out to immediately in case of a crisis.
Old 16th August 2012, 18:25   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
How's V-KOOL dealing with this? Any idea? Have they shut shop?
There is plenty for business for sun films in industries and in construction like buildings. In buses, I think the sun films can be applied for passenger seats (like in limousines).
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I am talking about the ones which have got the body coloured panels in place of window glasses all over the vehicle.
The law is clear, no sunfilms on glass. And that part is not glass .
Quote:
Isn't this a much more potent weapon in the hand's of the criminals?
The court isn't bothered about prevention of crime (actually nobody can prevent crime, police just play fear or just find who committed the crime). Court just re-interpreted CMV rule.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 19:42   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
There is plenty for business for sun films in industries and in construction like buildings. In buses, I think the sun films can be applied for passenger seats (like in limousines).
Aha! I hadn't thought about that. Thanks.

All said and done, I still admire the guts some people demonstrate sporting 70/30 tints. The common 'helpless' man has no respite but bear with fuel price hikes and tints ripped off.

India Shining 'indeed'.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks