Views: 2270
Size:  378.7 KB
S_U_N is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 21:09   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swift Catches fire: Owner Dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Buddy, Can we have a small review on the products utility, and NOT its usage please !
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
I am a bit worried about the pointed tip on the hammer. Apart from it, was wondering the convenient location to keep it for ease of access in case of emergency. If you have kept it in your car, can you kindly let us know the convenient location for storage ?

Does the product stick to any surface ? Do we have any sort of a cover for teh pointed tip, so as to not cause any harm to kids in the car
Here are few pics and a short video of it.

The pointed tip is retractable, and I keep mine in the door pocket. U can keep it in the glovebox too.

There is a detachable portion at the top which has a magnet, and can hence stick to a metal surface.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Attached Thumbnails
Swift Catches fire: Owner Dies-dsc_0017.jpg  

Swift Catches fire: Owner Dies-dsc_0018.jpg  

Swift Catches fire: Owner Dies-dsc_0019.jpg  

DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 09:46   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Here are few pics and a short video of it.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Thanks a ton for all the pictures and video. Highly appreciated.

Will order one now. Since I am 6 ft 3, i doubt if I can reach easily to the door pocket in swift, will keep it the glove box or convenient zone to take it out

Frankly, I am wary of these things, bcos my sixth sense is always active for wierd things. Anything new i get, it is used very fast and quickly, I know I am stupid, but still interested in buying the same
Old 3rd February 2013, 14:16   #94
BHPian

Any idea on what caused the fire & what happened to the police investigation?
It has been almost a year since the accident!

There was also a news stating that:
Quote:
Ashish’s father Sukhbeer suspects that it was not an accident and he was killed over personal enmity.
Source: Deccan Herald

Last edited by Abes : 3rd February 2013 at 14:19.
Old 3rd February 2013, 14:40   #95
BHPian

I am just wondering - if I lean back on the front seat and kick hard on the windshield - will it break?

Would the same happen on the side window - which seems thicker? Because if the engine compartment has caught fire, then going out of the front wingshield might not be a possibility.
Old 3rd February 2013, 16:01   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Mods kindly merge the two posts

Attachment 935406

Attachment 935407
Just wanted to say that the ResQMe glass breaker actually works.
This was tried on two glasses at a service center where the staff did not believe this thing can crack and break the glass.
Old 3rd February 2013, 18:05   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Just wanted to say that the ResQMe glass breaker actually works.
This was tried on two glasses at a service center where the staff did not believe this thing can crack and break the glass.
I came across the below youtube vidoe which shows some test using the ResQme tool. Is this the same one that you have bought?

arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2013, 18:49   #98
BHPian

How many times have we seen the central locking system going kaput in case of a fire or a collision.Power windows failing because of flood.Even victims fail to get rid of their seat belts in such situations due to nervousness.

Central locking and power windows may be very convenient features but are they really safe?

This lad may have been saved if he was in a plane jane ambassador or maybe even in the LXI trim of Swift.

Last edited by saion666 : 3rd February 2013 at 18:51.
saion666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2013, 23:05   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I came across the below Youtube vidoe which shows some test using the ResQme tool. Is this the same one that you have bought?

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=108CoOyteGM
Yes. That is the same product. I got this from OlivePlanet, Bangalore.
Old 3rd February 2013, 23:53   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
I am just wondering - if I lean back on the front seat and kick hard on the windshield - will it break?

Would the same happen on the side window - which seems thicker? Because if the engine compartment has caught fire, then going out of the front wingshield might not be a possibility.
The front and rear glass are way thicker and stronger than the side windows on the doors. If you are going to break one, the side is preferable. Breaking the front and back is way tougher. The easier option is indeed to pop the whole glass out by essentially removing the beading.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2013, 23:55   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post

The front and rear glass are way thicker and stronger than the side windows on the doors. If you are going to break one, the side is preferable. Breaking the front and back is way tougher. The easier option is indeed to pop the whole glass out by essentially removing the beading.
Correction, the rear is as strong as the sides only. Only the front is stronger because it is laminated.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 00:46   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post

Central locking and power windows may be very convenient features but are they really safe?

This lad may have been saved if he was in a plane jane ambassador or maybe even in the LXI trim of Swift.
All versions of the swift have a mechanical lock. The higher trims have an additional lock gun or motor which is controlled by the central locking. In the event of failure, one can manually unlock and open the door effortlessly. This is true to all maruti cars that are locally manufactured. Not sure about the imports.
Old 4th February 2013, 09:23   #103
Senior - BHPian

Cant the head rest which is present in the cars be used for breaking open the door glasses in an emergency? They can be pulled out pretty quick and they do have sharp and pointed metal edges once they are pulled out. I think they will impart enough force to break open the windows
Old 4th February 2013, 10:14   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Correction, the rear is as strong as the sides only. Only the front is stronger because it is laminated.
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the rear windscreen thicker than the side windows. If so, wouldn't it be stronger than the sides.
Old 4th February 2013, 11:58   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post

The front is strongest of all. rear will be easier to break. Rear windscreen is also likely to shatter into small pieces as compared to front.

It is often recommended that kicking the front windscreen while sitting on seats will break front windscreen.

also in cars like M800 taking out the rear windscreen is easy as it has beadings and is not glued. Modern cars have windscreens which are glued to body. these glued windscreens are much difficult to remove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
As mentioned above, the modern cRs hVe windscreens which are glued to body. not easy to remove unlike the simpler design of beading.

The side glass is not as tough but will also be difficult to break as it has support on all sides and is smaller in size.

I was once trapped in scala at an exhibition where even engine was not on but the feeling of being trapped was horrible. after a few seconds i opened other door and got out. its very tough to maintain calm but if one does, results are likely to be positive.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks