Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2012, 22:31   #16
BHPian

Re: First Gear : A Book for first-time Car Buyers in India (Download link Inside)

Is it possible to get a hardcopy of this book? If so where? at Ford dealerships?
Old 15th June 2012, 16:37   #17
BHPian

Re: First Gear : A Book for first-time Car Buyers in India (Download link Inside)

My respect for Ford as an automobile company grew 100X as they have not used the informative book as thier marketing tool. i wish they had realeased a hardcopy of it too and sent it to exsiting customers via dealers.
Old 16th June 2012, 10:40   #18
BHPian

Sensible driving tends to be generic, so the book it pretty generic in that sense. However, there are some India specific instances in the book a well
Old 16th June 2012, 11:36   #19
BHPian

Interesting, can't wait to read it ... hoping to find some practical information that can be implemented on-road
Old 16th June 2012, 13:18   #20
BHPian

Great move by Ford. This would help the first time buyers to understand their cars, which have been purchased by hard earned money.

For a newbie like me, this initiative is welcomed with all due respect.

I think this book should be read by all car owners considering majority of people do buy cars but very few take the initiative to take care of them whole heartedly. I certainly appreciate this move by Ford motor company.
Old 17th June 2012, 11:46   #21
BHPian

This seems to be very interesting and good book. I have tried downloading 5 times but the last time it failed after 75%. I have tried using DAP also but of no use.

I am trying to download it again now. Hope it this time I will be successfull.
Old 19th June 2012, 08:15   #22
BHPian

Thanks for sharing . Was able to download the book in less than 3 mins. Seems to be a great guide for any noob buyer.
Old 19th June 2012, 22:27   #23
VM1
BHPian

I think this will be a good read even for many of us who have been driving for quite some time - never too late to learn a thing or 2, more so when it comes from an auto giant. I am downloading it as I write this.
Old 5th August 2013, 11:26   #24
BHPian

Cant download this link. Anybody has a copy to share?
Old 5th August 2013, 15:58   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Cant download this link. Anybody has a copy to share?

Thanks for bumping this thread , even I ended up downloading it using some correct keywords on google.

This is from Ford -South africa link, but the pdf looks the same but is only 10mb.
Don't know if this is an exact copy, but first 3 pages and table of contents look the same.

http://www.ford.co.za/servlet/BlobSe...lob&blobkey=id
Old 31st January 2022, 15:09   #26
BHPian

Can't download using the link shared. Can anyone share the link to this book. Seems to be useful tool for a beginner like me.

Regards,

Sathiya

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks