Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2012, 20:32   #16
BHPian

Re: Skoda discontinues base variants of Fabia

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post

Also i hope that localization is not going to bring down the build quality of the car either - thats one of the strong points for the car.

There is a marked difference in the quality from the earlier Fabias launched in 2008 than the ones assembled in India.I won't be surprised if they are a further notch down to compensate for price cuts.
Possibly less features for a lesser price. If safety features are compromised it will be sad.
Old 12th September 2012, 22:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

I cannot comment on the difference between 2008 and now , but i can only imagine what the benchmark would have been in 2008 given what i see now - i am very impressed with the way the car has been put together as of 2012!

And i agree , i sincerely hope that this is not compromised , i dont think they can cancel out any features given that the Fabia is not exactly at the top of the list when it comes to trim levels available , making it cheaper by compromising on quality and features is not going to help too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
There is a marked difference in the quality from the earlier Fabias launched in 2008 than the ones assembled in India.I won't be surprised if they are a further notch down to compensate for price cuts.
Possibly less features for a lesser price. If safety features are compromised it will be sad.
Old 13th September 2012, 20:08   #18
BHPian

If this is part of an overall strategy to push sales along, then I think its going nowhere. Clearly Skoda isn't in a position to justify production of the base variants of the Fabia anymore - which were never ringing in the numbers in the first place. The Fabia, although a very competitive car, suffers from some sort of misplaced positioning. Continuing to position it as a premium hatch (and pricing it accordingly) has cost the manufacturer dearly. I think Skoda first needs to address that fundamental aspect if they have to have any hope reviving the car's fortunes in the Indian market.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 13th September 2012 at 20:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks