Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2013, 11:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nano Patrol - Kochi Police's Latest Addition

The pursuit angle comes from the same advantages which everyone else is mentioning here which is size , while it may lack power and might not really be the car you want to fishtail someone with , within the city speed is not going to be as important a factor as maneuverability which is what the Nano offers.

On a different note , it might also inspire our policemen to loose a bit of weight to get into this thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
T “Nano is supposed to be used for pursuit," seriously? what is wrong with these decision makers.
Old 3rd October 2013, 11:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

I do not think it is a good idea. Police force need more powerful vehicles to chase down criminals, if the need arise. The Pulsars and then CBRs were a step in the right direction. We're going backwards again.

Well, a nano, with a more powerful engine, say atleast a 1.2 is a good proposition. Nano surely has the size advantage. More power will give it wings.
Old 3rd October 2013, 15:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
On a different note , it might also inspire our policemen to loose a bit of weight to get into this thing
If a policeman can get into the tight confines of a Mahindra 'jeep', he will find this luxuriously large. And he gets an a/c too - how many patrol vehicles come with that comfort?

Will also be faster (and safer!) than a majority of the said jeeps in police inventory, IMHO.

Last edited by Steeroid : 3rd October 2013 at 15:38.
Old 3rd October 2013, 15:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

A small police car is a good idea for congested cities like India. However I feel that the police edition nano should have more power, because if the thieves venture out on a highway or on open roads, then this car would have very little chance of catching up with them. Secondly if they catch hold of a criminal, where would they handcuff him and put him in? Above the engine? Btw, isn't there a nano in the Delhi police vehicle inventory too? I think I had read about it somewhere, can't recollect where.
Old 3rd October 2013, 17:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
I do not think it is a good idea. Police force need more powerful vehicles to chase down criminals, if the need arise. The Pulsars and then CBRs were a step in the right direction. We're going backwards again.

Well, a nano, with a more powerful engine, say atleast a 1.2 is a good proposition. Nano surely has the size advantage. More power will give it wings.
I agree with you on this. The CBR Patrol Edition indeed looks the part and should perform well too. I' baffled as to why the same steps can't be taken towards a police car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Will also be faster (and safer!) than a majority of the said jeeps in police inventory, IMHO.
Would you please elaborate as to what you mean by safer than a police jeep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
A small police car is a good idea for congested cities like India. However I feel that the police edition nano should have more power, because if the thieves venture out on a highway or on open roads, then this car would have very little chance of catching up with them. Secondly if they catch hold of a criminal, where would they handcuff him and put him in? Above the engine? Btw, isn't there a nano in the Delhi police vehicle inventory too? I think I had read about it somewhere, can't recollect where.

It is purely a personal opinion but I think in a police chase, the bad guys should fear a police vehicle knowing that they wouldn't be able to outrun it any cost. I'm not bashing the Nano but I do not see it suitable for the role of a police car. Not even with a powerful engine.

Although, it's size advantage may see it fit to perform as a beat patrol car. Not a full fledged pursuit or backup car.
Old 3rd October 2013, 20:09   #21
BHPian

The car is introduced as a patrol car and not as a pursuit car... Moreover in kerala pursuit of anything that has 4 wheels or more needs only 2 legs.

Roads are that bad.

And nano can easily do 80-90kmph with 2 -3 people on board on good roads. Eventhough the other cars may be able to do better speeds, the traffic is thick enough to prevent them from doing so.

May be the nano is so inconspicuous that it can even sneak in from no where.

Jokes apart I think it is a brilliant idea to have nano as a patrol car in a congested city like Kochi
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 07:57   #22
BHPian

For city patrolling nano is the best option and for pursuit a separate fleet of cars are required like innova scorpio bolero and for injecting fear factor to criminals a hot pursuit hummer also can be used. ;-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks