Team-BHP - Tata Manza Club Class! Climate Control, Leather Seats, Touchscreen ICE and more
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Manza Club Class! Climate Control, Leather Seats, Touchscreen ICE and more (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/127168-tata-manza-club-class-climate-control-leather-seats-touchscreen-ice-more-2.html)

I have been using Manza Aura ABS quadrajet since july 2012, would like to share some findings with prospective buyers:
1. The underpinnings are extremely robust. This car can accept levels of abuse that might scare some Japenese/Korean sedans. Its built for bad road conditions and unforgiving drivers.
2. Very light on the pocket. The gear ratio is tweaked to extract maximum mileage. In the hands of a sedate driver, the car travels 20 kms on highway and 17 kms in the crowded city for a litre of Diesel.
3. Not luxurious, but comfortable. Living up to the Tata reputation of spacious cars, the joints don't ache after a long drive. It seems that Tata has invested a lot on the seating arrangement, and as a result, seat back and cushion properly align with the contours of the upper/lower back. You have enough room to move about after being seated, as opposed to some compact vehicles where your degrees of freedom of movement are restricted once you embark.
4. ICE with steering wheel controls is a happy addition. The quality of plastics used is very low and should follow the Tata tradition of fading over time. Navigating through MID and Trip meter requires access to different controls and is a cumbersome process. To add to the woes, the steering mounted controls are inadequate and require you to reach to the centre console, more often than not.
5. Ground Clearance of 165MM and soft suspension make it a speed breaker hugging car. Although as stated earier, it is better equipped to resist damage due to scraping.
6. Gem of a diesel engine+VGT, free revving, commendable for a compact Diesel at higher RPM .Noticable turbo lag at sub 2K RPM, and once the turbo spools, the power is adquate to reach cruising speeds efficiently.
7.Tata technicians in smaller cities are still learning with bewilderment, the intricacies of Fiat technology. You can only pray to the gods to be merciful if your powerplant gets to be handled by TASS.
8.The car is strictly not for an enthusiast, Dzire, which is grossly underpowered in comparison on paper is actually more agile, a better handler and more suitable for spirited driving. Again for those willing to derive acheless travel experiences, Manza is the right choice.
9. Tata car resale value is not on par with Suzuki,Hyundai et cetera. Tata cars age fast but are cheap to maintain.
10. German cars, Japanese cars, Korean cars are still a notch ahead but the Tata sedan is dirt cheap and practical Indian Family Mover.

That said the 75 bhp version is a welcome addition given it comes at killer pricing which enables it to be inducted into the Taxi fleet.

If Tata Service improves, Cars have the potential to dethrone seemingly invincible Maruti.

75PS in Manza !!

Initially i thought it to be a typo.

No doubt Manza is a great car. Being a TATA is no way a con against this superb car as the car still pioneers where it's having an edge.
Its having no Cost cutting like Toyota ETIOS, not dated like Mahindra Verito.
But where the competition marched ahead is in adopting the New sub 4-metre size slab.
In the same retail price, by chopping the length of the car, the manufacturer gets additional 70k(for a sedan costing rs.7 lacs) to accommodate better & more features.
Just a wish, a sub 4-metre MANZA would definitely be a better looker than stock Manza.

Hard fact, The Sub 4-metre segment Inventors are now lagging most in the same segment. C'mon TATA, Its a time to bring Manza CS & possibly a <4m Mini SUV as soon as possible

Already the Rear of Manza looks weird and short! With the Cs variant what are they going to chop and before bringing that they need to discontinue the indigo CD which I doubt. First Tata should build up the brand and improve its overall value which its going to do surely with the Storme and new Manza later they can introduce budget variants for high sales! Currently, there main preference should be quality at the right price.

Sorry about the launch date, its actually 16th October 2012 and not 3rd October as mentioned in parent post. stupid: It would have been downright silly of Tata to launch something during this time. We just hope that TML has double ace (or even more!) up its sleeve on 16th October with similar launch date for storme.

Quote:

Originally Posted by safari_lover (Post 2919666)
On another note, what is with the variant names? Why can't Tata have a standard variants nomenclature like Maruti? Ex. for Vista they have Zx as the top variant and now for Manza it is the Ex and for Safari, Ex is the mid variant! Come on Tata, make up your mind :P

Exactly my sentiments! Tata nomenclature has lot to do with division of interests with Nano, Cars and UVs handled by completely different set of people. Why else would we have LX as top variant in Nano, mid variant in cars, and lowest variant in UV. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuraliR (Post 2919676)
Near the right fenders and below the head-lights, is that bad photoshop work / do the lights deceive my eyes - it looks like a dent actually !!!

No dents, its just some shoddy photoshop work where tube-lights are overly reflected off the paintwork. Please excuse the pictures as these are not from any official release document.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 2919757)
Tata never wanted the vista & manza to be used in taxi segment and perceived as the same. Looks like the 75ps variant would be priced aggressively. Wont it attract taxi operators? On the other hand, it would be perfect choice for premium hatch buyers, who could shift to a full sized comfortable sedan at a competitive price.

I beg to differ here. Tata did not want Vista/Manza to 'pre-dominantly' cater to Taxi segment unlike most other vehicles in the fleet except Safari at that time. These two vehicles along with Nano and now Aria have helped bring in many private consumers to the marquee. The 75PS engine which brings fore this question will only be available in one variant which surely means the focus hasn't shifted even today.
Further, Fleet owners are today changing segments with Dzire, Verito and Corollas adorning much of metro taxi segments and it is only wise for Tata, which has been a darling of fleet operators, to reap benefits from its loyalists.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 2919757)
The new interiors look fab and I prefer the black theme which is a relief from the sea of beige which most of the competitors have to offer!

Couldn't agree with you any more. The beige while a good colour at the time of purchase loses its charm as the vehicle gets older. Black on the other hand is eternal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRtorquefan (Post 2919800)
75PS in Manza !!
Hard fact, The Sub 4-metre segment Inventors are now lagging most in the same segment. C'mon TATA, Its a time to bring Manza CS & possibly a <4m Mini SUV as soon as possible[/i][/b].

All in a good time, Let's Hope!

Introducing a 75PS in a Manza that already has a 90PS model, not sure of the rationale

Although Manza hasn't really set the charts on fire but its a good people mover and with its premium positioning Tata was trying to move away from the taxi image. But this 75PS, although in one model won't it somewhat cannibalize the higher models especially when all the trims can be done after market.

Add this to the endless variants, its sure confusing the buyers. Why can't it simply stick to 3 variants and simplify things?

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Good to see this on an already good VFM sedan.
The black leather seats do look classy.
But recently sat on a Manza and while jaws dropped at the sheer space, couldn't help notice that the fading of plastics is still there, visible all the more in beige.
Wish Tata keeps improving or does something drastic to uppe the interior qulaity of the plastics. It's a serious contender at home for purchase next year, but the presence of Sunny could change the decision.
The 75BHP version is welcome only if it has lower price and higher FE.

Not sure if this has been asked and answered on the thread but the host of additions to the feature list will be available on the 90ps model starting 16th Oct'12 as well right?

So, this October, Tata's are going to launch two vehicles for sure, one is Storme and then this Manza. Additionally , i remember reading somewhere that a refreshed version of Vista is also planned to release this October. So lot of releases from Tata stable.

Hoping that the people's expectation from the Tata is met. People surely expect more from Tata after Vista and Manza and not so famous Aria.
For Tata, i think even Aria might be a hit in some dimension, something like giving a good ownership to its customers and giving people like us, the confidence that the product will be niggle free and good in quality.

Here's the team bhp link for the new launches from Tata.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...er-2012-a.html

That is one great deal when launched. Manza was a great package from the beginning with and the scoop pics do make it real drool worthy now.

With these upgrades, it does offer to be a very credible option in entry level sedan market and gives the Sunny, IMO the only other worthy package with similar specs and dimensions a good fight for the share of the customer. Again it would be interesting to see the prices of the variants compared with Sunny.

Hope the niggles and TASS are sorted out to give a good experience overall.

Nice review!!!
Won't it be a vicious circle for Tata :
a) If they allow Manza for Taxi, its image would take a dent.
b) If they don't do it, they'll see Etios and Dzire to capture their share.
As regards After Sales Service, ill-trained technicians, its the same old story we are listening. Even though Manza was launched few years ago, still Tata's service has not improved and unlikely to improve in the near future too as majority of the customers of Tata are taxi owners.
Tata has never shared sales figures for Manza and Indigo separately.
Quote:

Originally Posted by cawnpore ghost (Post 2919799)
I have been using Manza Aura ABS quadrajet since july 2012, would like to share some findings with prospective buyers...

I am surprised to see some of the comments in this thread. I don't see anything exciting in this 75ps Manza. Wouldn't it be too much of strain on the engine for a car that weighs 1210 kgs?

How many variants/models of Indigos does Tata have? It is too confusing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rameshnanda
I am surprised to see some of the comments in this thread. I don't see anything exciting in this 75ps Manza. Wouldn't it be too much of strain on the engine for a car that weighs 1210 kgs?

How many variants/models of Indigos does Tata have? It is too confusing.

Currently, Tata has two models of Indigo. eCS which is offered in 6 variants and XL which is available in two variants only. After that its Manza available in 8 variants 4 each of petrol and diesel.

Good to see these updates. Tata got very busy with the other launches and it had gone all quiet with the Manza.

And I think giving the Vista the Manza face along with the 'Sedan Class' tagline was a very bad move for the latter. And in the market place, the Sunny is giving it a very tough fight.