Team-BHP - Tata Manza Club Class! Climate Control, Leather Seats, Touchscreen ICE and more
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Manza Club Class! Climate Control, Leather Seats, Touchscreen ICE and more (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/127168-tata-manza-club-class-climate-control-leather-seats-touchscreen-ice-more-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by safari_lover (Post 2934478)
Looks like a decent update. But, what happened to the 75PS engine getting into the Manza?

It also looks like they haven't changed the pricing, have they?

It seems that they are saving the other speculated variants (75bhp FGT diesel) & the T-Jet petrol for sometime in future... maybe for Manza CS (75bhp diesel) & properly tested & improved Manza hopefully with new looks.

I think, Karl Slym is doing his work :D

tata should launch 75 bhp version ASAP in Manza CS only and price it from Around Rs 5.5 lacs onwards, as the Manza diesel starts from Rs 6.47 lacs onwards. It's good that they did not confuse the customer with 90 and 75 bhp version in the same regular manza portfolio.

If they do a good job with design and priced in Rs 5.5-6.5 lacs range for various trims, it can eat in to Dzire market share significantly, With Karl slym at the helm they can even offer a 3 year maintenance plan to increase customer confidence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rock75 (Post 2934935)
tata should launch 75 bhp version ASAP in Manza CS only and price it from Around Rs 5.5 lacs onwards, as the Manza diesel starts from Rs 6.47 lacs onwards. It's good that they did not confuse the customer with 90 and 75 bhp version in the same regular manza portfolio.

If they do a good job with design and priced in Rs 5.5-6.5 lacs range for various trims, it can eat in to Dzire market share significantly, With Karl slym at the helm they can even offer a 3 year maintenance plan to increase customer confidence.

With Tata they normally replace anything which goes wrong in the warranty/extended warranty period without too much of any questions which is good. Hence a 3 year maintenance plan might not really be needed as long as extended warranty is available. When warranty gets over is where the bills starts to keep piling up as things starts to keep failing and TASS service is costly (almost 60% to 70% of the bill gets charged as labor+VAT) which in-turn decreases the resale value of the vehicle.

What would increase customer confidence (at-least mine) would be an "extended" extended warranty :uncontrol probably another 2-3 years from the date of the extended warranty getting over.

lol, I don't have a tata car, so i wouldn't know! If that is true then the first priority should be to improve product reliability and quality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriveLogic (Post 2934695)
I think, Karl Slym is doing his work :D

+1 to that. In his recent interview to DNA which is also in another thread he says he is a very impatient man with a mood to change the perception of people about Tata. This is definitely a good start to his career in Tata.

Saw the club class yesterday and its definitely well packed. Though fit and finish in the interior is pretty similar to the older Manza, exterior panel gaps remain the same especially around the bonnet area. I checked about a trunk spoiler if its provided as a add-on but the reply was in negative. :)

I personally like the reintroduction of the black color, it looks class apart with those new alloys.

Have seen the site and the interiors seem to look really good, the quality seems to have gone up a few notches. If this gets discount of 45K that current Manza is getting, I'm getting this Car for sure. Waiting for review from GTO

Did anybody from Team-BHP attended this event for coverage? Waiting for better pics.

I have a question for people who have seen this vehicle in person. Has the word 'Indigo' name been removed completely from the name?

Hi,

OTR prices in hyderabad are,
EX: 9.89 L
EXL: 10.3 L

These include extended warranty and AMC charges (10K). Discount on the club class across variants is 10K + corporate discount.

Prices seem to be on higher side, Linea Dynamic at 10.25L (after all discounts) seem to be better than Manza EXL. Difference of 40K between Ex & Exl is not justified considering Exl has just leather seats in addition to Ex features.

- Srinivas.R

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aceman82 (Post 2934972)
With Tata they normally replace anything which goes wrong in the warranty/extended warranty period without too much of any questions which is good. Hence a 3 year maintenance plan might not really be needed as long as extended warranty is available. When warranty gets over is where the bills starts to keep piling up as things starts to keep failing and TASS service is costly (almost 60% to 70% of the bill gets charged as labor+VAT) which in-turn decreases the resale value of the vehicle.

What would increase customer confidence (at-least mine) would be an "extended" extended warranty :uncontrol probably another 2-3 years from the date of the extended warranty getting over.

+1 . Everyone who owns a TATA get rid of it after 3 years, its like a thumb rule. Wonder why it starts falling apart exactly after the 3rd year ?! After that its like a fumigator on the roll.lol:

Had been to the TCRS recently.

All my praises (you may be shocked to read it) for TCRS and the NEW, SUPERB Tata service in this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2903555

General updates from my recent trip that should interest everyone:

1. Tata Concorde centers opening up in Delhi, Pune, Banglore & Chennai. 1 more in Mumbai at Kandivali - apart from the 1 at Prabhadevi diagonally opposite to the Lamborghini showroom. (Couldn't resist mentioning that :D)

Which essentially means that we can all expect much better superlative services soon and not :Frustrati for having a Tata.

2. Got a lookie & a feel of the Manza club class - WOAH that Climate Control unit looks awesome. As do those interiors!
CLASS. Literally. Plastics that don't feel like a Tata!
Beige was always roomy, but this black is brilliant.
& finally they got back the black exterior colour (which I was literally begging for last year when I bought my Manza but they did not have it).
The touchscreen HUD is decent - feels awesome to look at everytime.
The rain sensor was an additional surprise.

What they STILL left out (Why Tata, why?)
Rear-view camera or even sensors for that matter - despite such a lovely screen
Auto-folding mirrors (the i20 has this!)
Indicators on the mirrors (the Indigo eCS has this!)

and a few more bits - like front arm rests, rear blower, glove box lamp

3. Few of these upgrades can be ported into existing Manza's (ofcourse for a price) like the HUD.
But they have not committed to the 'when' & 'how much'?
Shall update it here when I get the news.

4. Also got a look around the Storme - I have seen enough written about it on this forum. Won't delve too much into.
It looks FANTASTIC. The interiors with the wood paneling, and super comfortable.
But - BIGGEST let down. - SINGLE DIN music system! No scope to even upgrade it!
For a Safari - a vehicle that is expected to travel places, with such super interiors - it is but mandatory to have atleast a decent 2 DIN HUD like the Manza.

That's it for now - more updates as & when I come across ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aceman82 (Post 2934972)

I kind of agree to you here. It is true.
But I found my solution to this age old problem:

I got the AMC from Tata Motors for my Manza - for 4 years / 40,000 kms.
Cost 26k.

And I started reaping benefits from the 3rd service onwards!
My 3rd service cost me exactly 301/- Rs.
Details here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2903555

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Jacob13128 (Post 2937596)
+1 . Everyone who owns a TATA get rid of it after 3 years, its like a thumb rule. Wonder why it starts falling apart exactly after the 3rd year ?! After that its like a fumigator on the roll.lol:

I kind of disagree on this. I have had 6 TATA cars in the last 12 years, yep, you read it right,6. Currently owning a Nano, Vista and Aria. Have had a few niggles which are not too rare in other cars as well but all of the 6 have provided a superb service. I sometimes feel that we underate the kind of improvement that Tata has done in the last 12 years since they came out with the Indica. Cab drivers still prefer Indica on the city cab segment just proves the mettle of the vehicle

Woah ! Well ya just shut me up.Yea you are correct in the logic that the cab drivers prefer it, maybe of its efficency, mileage, beater car attitude. Just that i dont see much of it being privately owned ( But here again you prove me wrong ) and the ones i do see and often travel in are in bad shape.Cant blame the car, these cabbies are notorious when it comes to maintenance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 2922015)

@akhilesh: Any ideas if the ICE HU will be available as a spare for older owners of the Manza?

I have checked and Malwa Motors in D-Mall, Rohini are providing the touch screen ICE for Rs. 42,000/-. The maps are provided by Map My India and I am getting it installed in my brother's Manza. Will post details about the install once I get it done.