Team-BHP - Tata Manza Club Class! Climate Control, Leather Seats, Touchscreen ICE and more
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Manza Club Class! Climate Control, Leather Seats, Touchscreen ICE and more (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/127168-tata-manza-club-class-climate-control-leather-seats-touchscreen-ice-more-4.html)

Can anyone please tell me what exactly ara 'HVAC controls' and how is it different than a) manual AC & b) FATC that is being offered in cars

i'm slighty confused. Please bear my little knowledge stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix_rising (Post 2923258)
Can anyone please tell me what exactly ara 'HVAC controls' and how is it different than a) manual AC & b) FATC that is being offered in cars

HVAC is nothing but an abbreviation of "H" eating, "V" entilation and "A"ir"C"ondtioning

In a Manual A/C system the desired temperature setting is always at an approximation. I don't know which car you own , but just for the sake of an example, let's take an example of say an ALTO.
In an ALTO, you will find a rotary knob which controls the temperature - from "Coldest" setting (usually given by a BLUE mark) and the "Hottest" setting (usually a red mark). Now, when you rotate the knob the temperature varies between these two extremes from coldest to hottest and finally you "fix" a temperature which you "feel comfy with" correct?

In an Auto AC equipped car, there is a Sun Sensor (a little black button like thingy) usually mounted on top of the dashboard, at the base of the wndscreen). This constantly monitors the solar angle and temperature. Additionally you can also increase / decrease the temperature "digit-by-digit" on a small display panel between the AC control knobs.
so when you "set" a particular temperature, say 22 deg C, the AC system locks onto it and maintains it throughout irrespective of outside temperature changes.
Also in an Auto AC equipped car you will find an "AUTO" option on the aircon controls - if you press that then the solar sensor will control the in-cabin temperature and blower speed automatically depending on the outside ambient temperature

this is a very layman explanation. hope have made some sense to you. apologies for causing any confusion !

Cheers!

Manza looks good when its filled with people and luggage, I mean it reduces its overall height and enhances the look. Perhaps, its the time to introduce smoked head lamps.

just read this news, it says they are going to launch the Safari Storme too
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/t.../1/223419.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjab (Post 2923441)
HVAC is nothing but an abbreviation of "H" eating, "V" entilation and "A"ir"C"ondtioning

In a Manual A/C system the desired temperature setting is always at an approximation. I don't know which car you own , but just for the sake of an example, let's take an example of say an ALTO.
In an ALTO, you will find a rotary knob which controls the temperature - from "Coldest" setting (usually given by a BLUE mark) and the "Hottest" setting (usually a red mark). Now, when you rotate the knob the temperature varies between these two extremes from coldest to hottest and finally you "fix" a temperature which you "feel comfy with" correct?

In an Auto AC equipped car, there is a Sun Sensor (a little black button like thingy) usually mounted on top of the dashboard, at the base of the wndscreen). This constantly monitors the solar angle and temperature. Additionally you can also increase / decrease the temperature "digit-by-digit" on a small display panel between the AC control knobs.
so when you "set" a particular temperature, say 22 deg C, the AC system locks onto it and maintains it throughout irrespective of outside temperature changes.
Also in an Auto AC equipped car you will find an "AUTO" option on the aircon controls - if you press that then the solar sensor will control the in-cabin temperature and blower speed automatically depending on the outside ambient temperature

this is a very layman explanation. hope have made some sense to you. apologies for causing any confusion !

Cheers!

Err.. i wanted to clarify whats written in manza brochure

see attached image of manza spec sheet

under comfort and convenience section

- Airconditioner with heater
- Electric HVAC controls

whats does Electric HVAC controls means here...please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix_rising (Post 2923773)
manza brochure - Electric HVAC controls
whats does Electric HVAC controls means here...please:

The HVAC (read AC) controls mostly are Rotary (some advanced systems are button based with minimal rotary items).
However, even with the Rotary controls, the underlying mechanism could be either mechanical or electrical.
(A good analogy would be the radio frequency tuning mechanism between old transistors/radios & the newer digital ones)
The brochure refers to the electrical nature of the mechanism.

Good Move by Tata. Should get them on the path to selling decent numbers once more. September was dismal for Manza and the dealers probably were told to hold due to the new refresh model being released.

The line up tweak also seems sensible. But they really didn't need a model with and without ABS. They should have cut one step there.

The Interiors look nice and the features are a segment first - but then the Manza due to it's pricing has always fought a segment lower as compared to it's size and specs.

The top end ELX and the base spec 75 bhp LS seem to hit out at newer customers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhilesh51 (Post 2919566)
Tata Motors Limited (TML) have announced a refresh in the lineup of there premium sedan - Tata Manza. Refreshed Version has brought in a host of changes for the Tata flagship sedan which has been suffering from not-so-promising sales figures despite many class first features and technologies. The new features and a complete shake-up of the current range in terms of features, nomenclature and variants is expected to change the fortunes for the overly under-hyped vehicle.
[/i]

Thank you for sharing this and ruining my sleep!

Now I am in love with the Manza ALL OVER AGAIN.
Despite owning the Celebration Edition Elan!
Wonder if the new leather is same as the leather seats provided in my limited edition vehicle.

But this look AWESOME!
Can't stop drooling.
And totally agree with your last statement in this quote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passiondrive (Post 2919695)
Wow that's a great move from Tata. I hope the touch screen system is available to old Manza owners too,along with silver accents on the dashboard and chrome door locks.(wishlist:))

Highly doubtful.
But extremely wishful thinking by me too.

Finger's crossed.

It would be awesome to have it!

A thought:
Have they added the reverse guidance camera?
Now with a touchscreen navigation system that would make the package COMPLETE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 2922015)
I would beg to differ with both of you with regards to interior and planted nature. It all boils down to the person who is actually owning the vehicle and driving it. If you dont care for your car then even a Merc will not age properly. I have owned a Manza for a year now (22k kms completed), done numerous highway drives over good to worst roads and only had one interior cleaning from 3M but all the switches, nobs, dashboard etc still look and feel new. I guess its only fair for people owning a particular vehicle to comment on the same, no hard feelings :)

In terms of suspension, yes its softly sprung but it can take highway curves at 120 without a hitch, yes body roll is there but it again all boils down to the driver who is taking the turn. Now my car has a RD box and the car has turned into a totally different machine. It has become the white annihilator. (Apologies Mobike for taking your cars name :D)

A great move by Tata to refresh the Manza it was long time coming. I guess Mr. Slym is already at work in TML after taking over as the MD.

@akhilesh: Any ideas if the ICE HU will be available as a spare for older owners of the Manza?

I totally agree.

Depends how you maintain the vehicle.

My manza is a year old & 11k kms+ with significant highway trips and even at speeds in excess of 145 kmph there is no body roll and the passengers sitting in the backseat are comfortably asleep in the 'sofa' without even feeling the speed or the road.

Again - I seriously hope old Manza owners are offered the upgrade. I shall immediately go for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passiondrive (Post 2919695)
Wow that's a great move from Tata. I hope the touch screen system is available to old Manza owners too,along with silver accents on the dashboard and chrome door locks.(wishlist:))

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj (Post 2927665)
Highly doubtful.
But extremely wishful thinking by me too.

Finger's crossed.

It would be awesome to have it!
A thought:
Have they added the reverse guidance camera?
Now with a touchscreen navigation system that would make the package COMPLETE.

By the looks of it, I don't see why the upgrades cannot be installed in current Manza as there are no design changes involved. Chrome Door Locks can presently be also fitted. Please consult with your TASC or let me know if I can help. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhilesh51 (Post 2927678)
By the looks of it, I don't see why the upgrades cannot be installed in current Manza as there are no design changes involved. Chrome Door Locks can presently be also fitted. Please consult with your TASC or let me know if I can help. :)

Those chrome inserts on the door handle can be still done? Interesting, will inquire with the TASC and see if they are offering it at a reasonable cost.

That head unit I am sure will cost a bomb to upgrade close to 30k is my assumption since it also has navigation.

Guys,

Had a look at the club class version of Manza yesterday. Its too good, Tata definitely have a winner in hand, if marketed/promoted properly. Interior fit and finish is very good, much better than current manza. Have seen, VX, EX and EXL versions.

VX - In dash navigation, beige interiors similar to current Manza.
EX - In dash navigation, ACC, black + brown shade interiors, fabric seats.
EXL - EX features + Leather seats black color, must say these are very nice and look cool.

As per SA, the navigation pad is same as the one given in Linea - Absolute pack. It supports audio/video playback with USB, SD card support and bluetooth connectivity. The roof is of different color. A new color , metallic black, is introduced.

Most important, for EX variant price is around 9.65 on-road hyderabad i.e approximately 25K more than the current top-end variant Elan. No idea on EXL pricing. Current manza has a discount of 45K, but no information on the discounts on the refreshed variants.

Waiting eagerly for 16-10-2012.

- Srinivas.R

It is being launched, see Motorbeam report below:

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/tata-i...ails-pictures/

I will try to get more details ASAP.

Both Motorbeam as well as GOW report a new variant Q-Jet (Powered by the FIAT Linea T-Jet Engine)

GOW: http://goaonwheels.com/new-models/ta...owered-suprise
Quote:

• New 75 PS Quadrajet Diesel engine on the base LS version
  • The Manza Club-Class is available in six colors – Tyrian White, Laser Red, Castle Grey, Infinity Black, Dew White and Jet Silver. The Infinity Black manza comes with a silver roof whereas the other shades get a black roof.
  • Rumours are that Tata will also launch a more powerful spec of the Manza, called the Q-Jet. The Q-Jet will use the same 1.4 litre petrol engine as the Linea T-Jet.

Motorbeam: http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/tata-i...ails-pictures/

Quote:

while Fiat’s T-Jet engine could also finds its way into the Manza’s hood. Stay tuned as live updates continue.

Nothing new on the engines front for the Manza Club Class (the new nomenclature & features have already been uploaded on TBHP). The pricing is Rs.5.70 Lacs for the base petrol & Rs.6.49 Lacs for the base diesel. The top end diesel is Rs.8.80 Lacs (ex-showroom).

Link to ACI's report:
http://www.autocarindia.com/News/318...-launched.aspx

Seems more of an effort to fend of Sunny & other promising new entrants & keep public interest in the car.

Looks like a decent update. But, what happened to the 75PS engine getting into the Manza?

It also looks like they haven't changed the pricing, have they?