Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2019, 19:24   #481
BHPian

Re: Flop cars in our market

Mahindra TUV300plus is apparently one car which actually deserves to be on this list. Though it was targeted at bolero customers , it never had much aspirations to even exist as a competitor.
Abby92 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 21:06   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I do not think you can call the Harrier a flop, not yet. It is in a segment where volumes are not that high. We easily compare Seltos and the Creta to the Harrier, but these cars start much lower in terms of entry level models.
Rightly said so. Harrier is a segment higher than Creta, Kicks, Seltos and Capture.

Tata Motors hurried with their launch and then they have started to correct all the shortcomings. The new Harrier with recalibrated steering wheel, improved fit and finish, improved touch screen and minor additions is already a better buy than most mentioned cars. It will indeed make a name for itself like Safari has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
How come nobody mentioned about Fiat here?
This is Team BHP, Fiats are only mentioned in brighter light ;-) (includes me as well, biasness or adoration - more of the latter)

Spoke to Sky Moto today, Fiat has managed to sell all their inventory. Should this be then considered as not so flop cars?

In reality however they were. Since 2016 they struggled to sell their cars and in the last few months, we could see single digits sales. Everyone knows the reason and where the blame lies.

Reason to quote this post was to ask if emotions don't play a part in considering a car a hit or flop?
Mods: please excuse the successive posts, could not hold back after reading 'Fiat'

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th September 2019 at 22:09. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Old 15th September 2019, 22:20   #483
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I do not think you can call the Harrier a flop, not yet.
Agreed. It is too early to jump to any such conclusion. However, it is very well on the verge of becoming one if TATA doesn't take immediate corrective action. Another couple of months with this trend and it would be a lost cause for TATA Motors.

Had mentioned it here. The way sales have crashed is alarming indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
This is Team BHP, Fiats are only mentioned in brighter light

Mods: please excuse the successive posts, could not hold back after reading 'Fiat'
A question that was posted in 2006? A quick search shows that the brand has come up more than 75 times afterwards (and deservingly so!), in this thread, afterwards.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th September 2019 at 22:29.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 22:29   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
A question that was posted in 2006? A quick search shows that the word has come up more than 75 times afterwards (and deservingly so!), in this thread, afterwards.
A relatively new member Did not have the liberty of posting it back then. However, I got carried away. Lot of Fiat for the day.
Old 16th September 2019, 21:07   #485
BHPian

1.Toyota Yaris:I knew this was bound to fail in the market .Somehow this ASEAN car looks much smaller than its rivals.
2.Skoda Yeti: A Superb crossover (not SUV) but launched at the wrong time.The Indian market wasn't ready to spend somewhere around 15-20L for an odd looking hatchback in 2010.Skoda after sales didn't help it's case either.I personally was a hater of the design but eventually fell in love with it.

I think if the yeti was launched sometime in 2016,it would have still had some decent sales numbers.Ex.Jeep Compass although has great looks ,space wise I think it's comparable to the yeti.
Old 16th September 2019, 23:43   #486
BHPian

I think the Tata Tigor deserves to be on this list as it's struggling to sell even after a minor update and addition of an AMT transmission.
The car looks gorgeous and it's undoubtedly the best looking compact sedan but Tata should have gone for better engines.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks