Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2012, 14:34   #16
BHPian

re: Disgruntled Skoda Superb owner advertises on NH8, Gurgaon

I had seen this car parked(abandoned) like this under a tree near Sikanderpur metro station around a couple of weeks ago.

The extent to which this owner has gone definitely shows the level of frustration he might have had with Skoda.

+1 to him for making these efforts...
Old 26th October 2012, 14:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

This case reminds me if what happened to a friends cousin. He bought a pajero and soon discovered the car had major problems, with the chassis or drive train. At first the dealers were reluctant to fix the car under warranty because of cost. He then put up a massive hoarding in a plot opposite the showroom (he was fortunate enough to be an mla so it was easy enough) and within a few days the showroom buckled and did everything free of cost because they saw customers turning away.

This policy does work if it deters customers from purchasing the product in question and the company feels the impact.

Good luck to the person and I can only hope it pushes skoda to actually improve their customer service and to clamp down on their dealers.
Old 26th October 2012, 14:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

All sympathies from my end for this disgruntled customer. However I would like to know more in terms of, where exactly did he spend such a high amount on his car. Was it regular servicing charges, was it on account of frequent breakdowns, overcharging by service center? Since he claims his car has zero accidents, hence I am discounting accident damage and subsequent repair charges. However his idea of gaining attention is both novel and effective. I am not sure of the legality of doing so, since he can get slapped with a defamation case by Skoda, but I leave that to the legal experts to ditermine.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 14:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Better still, park it opposite the VW group HQ in india, and hand out the pamphlets to their top guns... invite the media and have a field day!

The recent Autocar India issue had an interview with Skoda India's new M.D. who mentioned that after sales service was one of his priorities. This should be brought to his notice, so see what actions he's willing to take.
Old 26th October 2012, 14:47   #20
BHPian

This is so sad. I feel for him, clearly he's been driven to this extreme step by the appalling indifference and nonchalance from Skoda India that we are now familiar with.

Not everyone with a Skoda suffers, but those that do seem to get extremely frustrated.

I think there is new management in Skoda, the previous leadership didn't seem to care much about reputation and post sales, but if the new one does they should resolve these cases asap, and come up with a new program for customer service and dealer management, and also overhaul their own after sales experience.
raul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 14:53   #21
BHPian

Scary situation but kudos to the guy for his bold, out-there approach. The extremity of the step shows that he must be really hard done by.

Skoda better sit up, take notice, pull up their socks, get their act together etc.. About freaking time. This is serious - and we're talking Superb here - their top of the line product; no less. No time to be messing about with customers who've coughed up more than 2 million bucks.

Have shot out an E-mail to the grievance ID too and I'll be tracking this story. Goodluck to the gentleman in his endeavors.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 26th October 2012 at 14:56.
Old 26th October 2012, 14:57   #22
BHPian

I just spoke to the gentleman on the other side of the phone the car belongs to one Mr Kunwer Sachdev , MD of Su kam power limited. i spoke to one of his staff member and have asked him to convey the site address to his MD. and see the support he has got form us.

Come to think of it , i remember in the morning the driver who was by the expressway was wearing a shirt with the SuKam logo on it.
vsoneja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 15:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

I dont understand one thing. If there is no accident and there are repairs, should the costs not be covered under warranty? I think Skoda Assurance or Shield or whatever they call it is sold for 3 years with a new car.

If he bought a Skoda and didnt buy the warranty, well I dont really know what to say. Maybe that he is really brave or this is Skoda's way of exacting revenge for not buying a warranty!
Old 26th October 2012, 15:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Innovative i must say, could he get sued for this? Asking as this big corporates and brush any number of facts under the carpet and blame the customer for all the miseries.

This would do good for many like me who inspite of liking Skoda cars are scared to jump in, for exactly the same reasons.

Even after this if they do not wake up, then what could be done?
Old 26th October 2012, 15:31   #25
gemi_kk

Skoda, Skoda, Skoda.......

Wont they ever change?
They have the best designs and some of the best looking cars, with some decent quality. but they are not willing to serve the customers at all. Instead of serving the customers, they are putting the customers into their worst times and ripping them off.

Every customer who spends his hard earned money on their vehicles expects some so called *german quality* is ending up with nuts. Skoda is scaring people more than what Ram Gopal Varma's Bhoot did.

I really support that person and i wish Skoda not to file any defamation case on him. May he get a new car from the new MD/CEO. I know that, the wish list is too huge but...... after all he is a customer of skoda and is repenting now.

Skoda image itself has given a new tag line for the brand in india. (I tried best)

Skoda.
-- We will show you the hell --
-- Welcome to German hell --
-- Simply clever to rip you off --

May be, government should start counters on each brand. If the number of cases filed against any brand exceeds a perticular % of total cars manufactured, then the company should be banned or penalized heftily. Without this, Manufacturers like skoda/VW will continue to find some poor customers and rip them off every year. India is a big country. isn't it?
  (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 15:42   #26
BHPian

Wouldnt it be better if it were to get media attention(by inviting media or shooting an email to one of the editors) to the plights of the customer? That would get Skoda rolling. Such cases would be treated as one off yet again and be pushed under the carpet as usual with expertise which only they are capable of pulling off time and again!!
Old 26th October 2012, 15:52   #27
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 26th October 2012 at 19:16.
karan86 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th October 2012, 16:21   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
Wouldnt it be better if it were to get media attention(by inviting media or shooting an email to one of the editors) to the plights of the customer?
Check the latest news on Jindal Steel/Zee News. Media is easily corruptible. All Skoda needs to do is offer a lucrative advertising contract, and the media will shut up. Or rather, media will ASK for a lucrative advertising contract to shut up!

Last edited by SmartCat : 26th October 2012 at 16:26.
SmartCat is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 16:29   #29
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 26th October 2012 at 20:38.
CoolFire is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th October 2012, 16:34   #30
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad Story

Skoda probably claimed that the customer did not use the car properly (wrong fuel) or this must be just beyond 2 years, else all should be covered in warranty.

Good to see that Skoda is being taken on by a reasonably strong person and Skoda may indeed have bitten more than it can chew this time. Hope they are forced to compensate the customer and provide satisfactory service. They can't afford the bad publicity any more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks