Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2013, 13:34   #16
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I guess we can safely assume that we will never an automatic option on Yeti, as long as they continue with the current option: the 2.0 TDi CR. There is no DSG available with front-wheel drive Yeti with this engine. If it were, they wouldn't have decided to launch FWD Audi Q3 with manual transmission! 4WD Yeti with 6-speed DSG would be very expensive, no?

I wish Yeti is launched with 1.2 TSI and 7 speed DSG, as in Polo.
Yes, 4WD Yeti with 6-speed DSG would be very expensive. Do you foresee any possibility of seeing it in L&K trim?

Thanks.
Old 3rd July 2013, 16:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
I wish Yeti is launched with 1.2 TSI and 7 speed DSG, as in Polo.
Would the 1.2 TSI mated with the 7 speed DSG have the pulling power for a heavy car considering that the Yeti has a kerb weight of approximately 1550 kgs ? I dont think so.
A petrol variant on the Yeti would never be launched in India. Skoda has a stunning 1.8 TSi engine on the Laura and look at the numbers. Dismal. The same would happen with the Yeti petrol.
Old 3rd July 2013, 19:19   #18
BHPian

I think 1.4TSI engine would be a better fit got Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post

Would the 1.2 TSI mated with the 7 speed DSG have the pulling power for a heavy car considering that the Yeti has a kerb weight of approximately 1550 kgs ?
Old 3rd July 2013, 20:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
I'm literally praying for yeti AT, though there isn't any concrete news from reliable sources. Carwale put this up during start of 2012. I'm not too hopeful since Carwale guess is half wrong... Example :they say VW UP will release now, but it's not bound to India anytime soon.
I'm in bad need of AT Vehicle soon due to issues with my left shoulder, and so far I could see only Laura, cruze, elantra to be worth considering within 20lacs range. Having always liked yeti for its unusual styling, my heart is beating for AT version.
With a budget of 20L is there any reason why you would prefer the Yeti AT over The Laura, Cruze or even the Elantra diesel ATs?

Along with the convenience of an AT and the economy of a diesel engine in all three options, the Laura offers the best interiors and build quality, The Cruze is a diesel rocket and the Elantra though a sedate car offers a good set of features plus access to ubiquitous (and maybe cheaper) Hyundai service.

Last edited by sydras : 3rd July 2013 at 21:00.
Old 3rd July 2013, 20:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Would the 1.2 TSI mated with the 7 speed DSG have the pulling power for a heavy car considering that the Yeti has a kerb weight of approximately 1550 kgs ? I dont think so.
But this option is available in Europe. If it weren't a good option, they wouldn't have made it available in their primary market!

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
I think 1.4TSI engine would be a better fit got Yeti
But this option is not available with automatic transmission. If I am not wrong, Yeti is not available with a diesel automatic anywhere in the world.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 21:00   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But this option is available in Europe. If it weren't a good option, they wouldn't have made it available in their primary market!
That’s true. The Yeti 1.2 TSI DSG is a capable number with decent performance and FE figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf
But this option is not available with automatic transmission. If I am not wrong, Yeti is not available with a diesel automatic anywhere in the world.
The Yeti 2.0 TDI 4x4 is available with a 6-speed DSG in Europe.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks