Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2012, 20:39   #1
BHPian

Skoda Yeti Automatic

Got this from MSN

Expected date: Nov-Dec 2012
Estimated Price: Rs. 14-18 lakhs

The all new Skoda Yeti AT is estimated to cost about a lakh rupees more than the original variant, but with more enhanced looks and more features in terms of fuel efficiency and power.

Mods I did a search for SKODA YETI AT on TBHP but could not find it hence creating a new thread, please merge if one already exists.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti Automatic-yeti-.jpg  

ssadwelkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2012, 21:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti At

I dont trust the source of Information. Please do let us have a look at the link as none of the trusted Auto Sources have mentioned a thing till date.
I did not quite understand why Skoda never launched an AT in the first place and it long overdue.
Old 27th October 2012, 21:21   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Please do let us have a look at the link as none of the trusted Auto Sources have mentioned a thing till date.
Here's the link you requested http://autos.in.msn.com/gallery/upco...-india#image=6.

I remember reading a thread about the Skoda dealership selling off their current YETIs which are in their stock with great offers and discounts, I think this is the reason. Apparently they will be introducing a whole new range.
Old 27th October 2012, 21:53   #4
BHPian

Looks like there is a face lifted version for the European market,however no info of that making to India.Just found the info from carscoop and autoevolution,not sure if this has been posted already.
Old 27th October 2012, 22:42   #5
BHPian

I'm desperately wanting to buy an AT, with budget of 20lacs. So far, I found Laura to be the only available real beast.
Yeti AT will be a dream come true.
Old 28th October 2012, 04:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

This looks more like a concept Car to me, look at the frameless windows, SKODA can always plonk the DSG into the YETI but I think they are making a loss selling this vehicle at the price it is selling right now, so they might wait for the next generation to come in and take the fight forward
Old 28th October 2012, 06:34   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN
This looks more like a concept Car to me, look at the frameless windows
The pictures used in the link are unreliable. The U-VA is pictured instead of Sail U-VA although the story was correct. The Yeti picture is probably from one of the earlier Auto shows as its certainly not a facelift.
But the news about AT looks promising although I'll wait for a more reliable source before believing.
Old 28th October 2012, 09:06   #8
BHPian

Actually Skoda are in a bit of a fix. If they bring in an AWD version with DSG & the 2 litre diesel engine then group co. Audi's Q3 will be hit. So Audi may not be eager to share their AWD version of the DSG.

Methinks they will try to get the 1.2L TSI petrol with FWD & DSG. For this configuration the problem of reliability of the DSG raises its head!. So unless they have a torque converter AT unit it may not set the sales charts on fire.
Old 28th October 2012, 20:05   #9
BHPian

I hope Skoda launches a Yeti 1.4TSI FWD at a attractive price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Actually Skoda are in a bit of a fix. If they bring in an AWD version with DSG & the 2 litre diesel engine then group co. Audi's Q3 will be hit. So Audi may not be eager to share their AWD version of the DSG.

Methinks they will try to get the 1.2L TSI petrol with FWD & DSG. For this configuration the problem of reliability of the DSG raises its head!. So unless they have a torque converter AT unit it may not set the sales charts on fire.
Old 30th October 2012, 22:58   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v

You may be right. But a diesel Yeti with DSG and AWD should set the sales charts on fire. Something that a Q3 will never be able to do as it is not a mass product and still very few people want to spend 25+ lakhs on a small SUV.
Old 2nd November 2012, 23:18   #11
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti Automatic

Was looking around carwale.com for something else and found the following link about the Skoda Yeti
kmadhok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 23:28   #12
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
Was looking around carwale.com for something else and found the following link about the Skoda Yeti
Carwale seem confident. Prices of the current variants will be altered and hence no discounts. No mention of the petrol though.

There was also this ad on tv where Skoda talks of gifts during the festival.

Last edited by vij : 2nd November 2012 at 23:30.
Old 3rd November 2012, 00:02   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij

Carwale seem confident. Prices of the current variants will be altered and hence no discounts. No mention of the petrol though.

There was also this ad on tv where Skoda talks of gifts during the festival.
I'm literally praying for yeti AT, though there isn't any concrete news from reliable sources. Carwale put this up during start of 2012. I'm not too hopeful since Carwale guess is half wrong... Example :they say VW UP will release now, but it's not bound to India anytime soon.
I'm in bad need of AT Vehicle soon due to issues with my left shoulder, and so far I could see only Laura, cruze, elantra to be worth considering within 20lacs range. Having always liked yeti for its unusual styling, my heart is beating for AT version.
Old 3rd July 2013, 10:56   #14
BHPian

Folks,

Any latest development regarding DSG availability for Skoda Yeti? Looks like carwale hasn't changed that page for ages, it is still talking about 110 PS 2WD availability

Any help regarding near time facelift information would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 3rd July 2013, 12:13   #15
Senior - BHPian

I guess we can safely assume that we will never an automatic option on Yeti, as long as they continue with the current option: the 2.0 TDi CR. There is no DSG available with front-wheel drive Yeti with this engine. If it were, they wouldn't have decided to launch FWD Audi Q3 with manual transmission! 4WD Yeti with 6-speed DSG would be very expensive, no?

I wish Yeti is launched with 1.2 TSI and 7 speed DSG, as in Polo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks