Team-BHP - Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/128481-nissans-duster-based-suv-terrano-full-pics-out-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xingamazon (Post 2948210)
Even if Nissan manages to bring its version of Duster, dont forget Nissan's version will end up being costlier than the Duster.
Its basically Renault's cost for the car + Nissan's transfer price. So even if its comes unless its stylish and fully loaded, dont think it will attract the numbers
similar to Duster

As per the article and as per going by Nissan/Renault protocol on pricing strategy between their products, Nissan Duster should be cheaper than Renault
Duster and not costlier.

And if that is true; my concern is I dont see scope for major improvements to interiors/build quality for the reduced price that Nissan will have to offer.
Because if that becomes a reality, then Duster as a brand/product will have no takers, which Renault would not like it to happen.

Nevertheless it would be good to watch this space.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHG (Post 2948267)

PS: Funny thing is, there is nothing "Renault" about the Duster directly, because its based on Nissan B0 platform and designed by Dacia. Renault owning part of the former and whole of the later simply badged it as a Renault in India. Plus IMHO it looks more Korean than European.

Are you sure about that? From what I've read around forums and other fairly reliable sources, the Duster is based on the Logan (reworked platform / chassis) and the Logan is actually based the an old-gen Renault Clio which is a large hatchback sold in Europe.

P.S. Yes, the Duster is indeed based on a heavily reworked Renault Clio (old gen) platform.

P.S. 2: It is also sold as a Renault in Russia and Brasil.

EDIT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 (Post 2948263)
The front grill does look way way better than the ACI one. I think that's the same design for the bigger Nissan SUV right? Still not a huge fan of the rear design. Will there be a better interior quality then?

Yup that's the corporate Nissan Grille. I like it very much! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by xingamazon (Post 2948210)
Even if Nissan manages to bring its version of Duster, dont forget Nissan's version will end up being costlier than the Duster.
Its basically Renault's cost for the car + Nissan's transfer price. So even if its comes unless its stylish and fully loaded, dont think it will attract the numbers similar to Duster

That's odd. Doesn't sound like a very Nissany strategy. Aren't they positioning themselves marginally lower than Renault in terms of pricing?

December 2013 is very far off. There are too many car launches before that, and by next year Duster will lose its novelty and Nissan will have to provide a heavily reworked variant to create some excitement.

Duster itself is scheduled for a face lift in mid 2013 with a new 1.6 dCi with 130bhp that is apparently more fuel efficient than the 1.5 dCi.

The Ecosport will definitely be launched, also expected are the Chevrolet Trax, the Suzuki crossover, something speculated from Fiat, Tata. And also rumblings from Honda and VW. It will be a crowded marketplace to enter without a new product.

I think ACI just did a photoshop from X-trail front fender. it may not be the end result. besides we are talking end of 2013. Hope Renault and Nissan concentrate on providing better service than launching too many copy paste products(we are also hearing Lodgy, Note and Sandero for 2013/2014)

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 2948255)

I'm not a fan of the ACI render. I'd much prefer this (below) But hey, I'm not the boss.

Attachment 1007976

Attachment 1007977

Attachment 1007978

Source: Google image-search.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemi_kk (Post 2948266)
Nissan + Renault selling around 6-8 K per month.

After all, Renault and Nissan need some time and more volumes to start more service stations. They cant open all service stations and then start producing cars. As the sales go Up, More cars come on Roads. which would get More Stations in all cities. This is how it goes. No company starts 200 -300 service stations and then start making cars. We need to give them some time. My 2 Cents.

I doubt Nissan capability of retaining the present dealers after the news of their dealerships refusing to take new cars (as per the news article today), let alone increasing them. They will be following Peugeot's trail by the time they realize their mistakes.

Do Nissan and Renault share their service centres with each other?

I guess it is a smart strategy - look what Ambani's have done - divide and rule. The market cap of both the guys put together is more than when they were together!

And often, most of the car buyers have no clue about the platforms - and add some adrenaline, and smart psychographics by 'intelligent' marketing and ad folks, viola you have a market there!

Human beings have a deep desire to be different, though at some level there is no difference - make believe - and smart marketers figure it out.

How many people know that the fiat engine is in so many products!

Great news. I wish I could wait for Nissan's version of Duster. I am sure they will improve on the Renault version.
The speculation that Renault will try to delay Nissan's launch of Duster is sad. As it is, Renault is milking
us with ridiculous pricing and disastrous customer service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raul (Post 2948311)

Duster itself is scheduled for a face lift in mid 2013 with a new 1.6 dCi with 130bhp that is apparently more fuel efficient than the 1.5 dCi.

Is this piece of news valid for India? And could you share the source of this information?

Renault took Micra and Sunny from Nissan.

And now, Nissan wants the Duster in return.

I don't think this is fair on Renault. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by snkjr (Post 2948491)
Is this piece of news valid for India? And could you share the source of this information?

I don't know about India, but the Duster is scheduled for a facelift in 2014 - error in my earlier post - according to forums in Romania and France with the new 1.6 130bhp engine - http://www.dusterteam.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5098

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Also, do NOT post the same message on multiple threads.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

And what's Nissan going to call this car ?

'Eraser' might be apt....they might even throw in a few Arnold Schwarenegger goodies....Lol.

Crazy, the level of brand cannabalization between these two brands !

I feel if Nissan is indeed launching their version of the Duster, they will choose to do what Renault has not done. So maybe the 4X4 option might be only from the Nissan stable. Also maybe an AT option in the 4X2 variants ?

I am not so much of a fan of this brand reengineering thing. But if the report from ACI is true, Nissan is looking to have some changes to differentiate it from the Duster (more than just grill and badge update).

But again, with the current brand positioning, the Nissan derivative has to be priced cheaper than the Duster

If Nissan can venture in the MUV segment with a all new model such as a the Evalia, why is it picking stuff from Renault's cart??

In India, Nissan has more badge value than Renault and instead of jumping into the small, tiny, molecular or what ever SUV segment that is steadily gaining ground, IMO Nissan should just get a proper SUV that's affordable and is in a more grown up segment.

I am sure there will be a lot of people going for proper Nissan SUV in the below 20 lac category than plonk on a big fat hatch that sports a Nissan logo!