Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2013, 16:09   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo eCS facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
Is there any scheduled Tata event happening tomorrow? I had tweeted to Tata on how disappointed I am with their current range and if we could see another game changer like the original Indica was. Tata's response was - We wont let you down - Watch this space tomorrow!
Yes, they are right. They may launch the CNG Nano, along with some other face-lifted cars tomorrow. Though, may not be a game-changer like the Indica launch.

Last edited by saket77 : 18th June 2013 at 16:11.
Old 18th June 2013, 16:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

^^^ ACI has reported that it will be 2013 Nano that will be launched tomorrow.

Here is the link to the report:

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/346...omorrow.aspx/0
Old 18th June 2013, 22:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Sumo Gold, Indigo eCS and 2013 Nano coming tomorrow. Word is that the Nano CNG won't be coming anytime soon. Another surprise could be in store from Tata Motors. A Team-BHP scoop will break that.

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 18th June 2013 at 22:17.
Old 19th June 2013, 00:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Nano CNG might come after 1 month, rest all the mentioned cars are ready. There is a Nano 2014 in pipeline as well.
Old 19th June 2013, 07:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

2013 Tata Indigo eCS facelift detailed

Later today, Tata Motors is expected to launch three facelifted cars in the form of the Indigo eCS, the 2013 Nano and the Sumo Gold refresh. With hours to go for the actual launch, exact details on what's new on these cars have leaked onto the interweb.

Tata Indigo eCS facelift-indigo-ecs-1.jpg

A few years ago, the Indigo CS spawned the sub-4 meter compact sedan class, when Tata Motors chopped the Indigo sedan's boot in order to shorten the car's length. The sub-4 meter class of cars in India, subject to engine displacement, are classified as small cars that are eligible for a lower rate of excise. The lower rate of excise allows manufacturers to price these compact cars more competitively.

When it was first introduced, the Indigo eCS broke new ground in terms of pricing and positioning, in that the car buyer could buy a sedan at the price of a B+ segment hatchback. Ever since, cars such as the Maruti Suzuki Dzire and the Honda Amaze that have entered the compact sedan space are having successful stints.

Tata Indigo eCS facelift-indigo-ecs-2.jpg

Ceding its early mover advantage, the Indigo eCS has lost ground to the Dzire and Amaze at the hustings. With the latest face lift giving the car a host of cosmetic and feature upgrades, Tata Motors will be hoping to gain some market share. The facelifted Indigo eCS is available with 3 engine options across 8 variants (LX TDI, LS TDI, LX CR4, LS CR4, VX CR4, GLX, GLS and GVX).

Tata Indigo eCS facelift-indigo-ecs-3.jpg

The 1.4 liter TDI turbo diesel motor (BS3) outputs 70 Bhp-135 Nm, the 1.4 liter common rail turbo diesel CR4 engine (BS4) outputs 70 Bhp-140 Nm while the 1.2 Liter petrol engine outputs 65 Bhp-100 Nm. All three engines come with a 5 speed manual gearbox as standard. While the engines remain untouched, the F-Type gearbox is an improved item with Tata Motors claiming better shift quality and lower maintenance due to the "elimination of mechanical linkages".

Tata Indigo eCS facelift-indigo-ecs-4.jpg

The facelifted car gets updated looks in the form of a new front grille, revised front bumper, smoked headlamps, 14 inch alloy wheels and a chrome garnish on the boot lid. On the inside, the car gets a new dashboard in an ebony finish, storage pockets on the door, a new 4 spoke steering wheel (steering mounted controls are absent), updated instrumentation console and full fabric seats.

Under the skin, Tata Motors claims that the suspension has been re-engineered through dual mounting, which is said to offer a more pliant ride. The cabin gets sound proofing in the form of dashboard insulation, cotton felt on the front floor and synthetic felt on the rear floor. The price announcement of the Indigo eCS will happen later today.

Images courtesy MotorBeam
JayPrashanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 08:47   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Sumo Gold, Indigo eCS and 2013 Nano coming tomorrow. Word is that the Nano CNG won't be coming anytime soon. Another surprise could be in store from Tata Motors. A Team-BHP scoop will break that.

Cheers,

Jay
Its not a surprise if it is not among Nano Diesel, or power steering, disc brakes, or Indigo e-CS or Sumo refresh with a significant price cut. May be I am expecting a lot
PNTLovesNano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 10:15   #37
BHPian

Re: 2013 Tata Indigo eCS facelift detailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Later today, Tata Motors is expected to launch three facelifted cars in the form of the Indigo eCS, the 2013 Nano and the Sumo Gold refresh. With hours to go for the actual launch, exact details on what's new on these cars have leaked onto the interweb.

Attachment 1098929

A few years ago, the Indigo CS spawned the sub-4 meter compact sedan class, when Tata Motors chopped the Indigo sedan's boot in order to shorten the car's length. The sub-4 meter class of cars in India, subject to engine displacement, are classified as small cars that are eligible for a lower rate of excise. The lower rate of excise allows manufacturers to price these compact cars more competitively.

When it was first introduced, the Indigo eCS broke new ground in terms of pricing and positioning, in that the car buyer could buy a sedan at the price of a B+ segment hatchback. Ever since, cars such as the Maruti Suzuki Dzire and the Honda Amaze that have entered the compact sedan space are having successful stints.

Attachment 1098930

Ceding its early mover advantage, the Indigo eCS has lost ground to the Dzire and Amaze at the hustings. With the latest face lift giving the car a host of cosmetic and feature upgrades, Tata Motors will be hoping to gain some market share. The facelifted Indigo eCS is available with 3 engine options across 8 variants (LX TDI, LS TDI, LX CR4, LS CR4, VX CR4, GLX, GLS and GVX).

Attachment 1098931

The 1.4 liter TDI turbo diesel motor (BS3) outputs 70 Bhp-135 Nm, the 1.4 liter common rail turbo diesel CR4 engine (BS4) outputs 70 Bhp-140 Nm while the 1.2 Liter petrol engine outputs 65 Bhp-100 Nm. All three engines come with a 5 speed manual gearbox as standard. While the engines remain untouched, the F-Type gearbox is an improved item with Tata Motors claiming better shift quality and lower maintenance due to the "elimination of mechanical linkages".

Attachment 1098932

The facelifted car gets updated looks in the form of a new front grille, revised front bumper, smoked headlamps, 14 inch alloy wheels and a chrome garnish on the boot lid. On the inside, the car gets a new dashboard in an ebony finish, storage pockets on the door, a new 4 spoke steering wheel (steering mounted controls are absent), updated instrumentation console and full fabric seats.

Under the skin, Tata Motors claims that the suspension has been re-engineered through dual mounting, which is said to offer a more pliant ride. The cabin gets sound proofing in the form of dashboard insulation, cotton felt on the front floor and synthetic felt on the rear floor. The price announcement of the Indigo eCS will happen later today.

Images courtesy MotorBeam
Not sure what the think tank at the TATA motors are thinking. These cars have a taxi tag carved on them. Till the time they come up with an entirely new car, adding these frills would still not attract individual buyers. What a waste of time (in my opinion).
Old 19th June 2013, 11:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Tata Indigo eCS facelift-indigo-ecs-1.jpg

I had a really bad morning, my stupid bike broke down halfway to work, in the midst of screaming, hollering traffic and I had to ditch it somewhere and make a run for it. But this bit of faff still made me laugh when I reached office.

Tata Indigo eCS facelift-indigo-ecs-2.jpgTata Indigo eCS facelift-indigo-ecs-3.jpg

Shoddy Photoshop editing left unattended on the launch website itself shows the lacklustre attitude of TML towards it's cars these days. I don't think they are interested at all to rope in a new clientele with fresh products. Fair enough, but one fine day, their passenger car division might just bite the dust and waft away into oblivion.
Old 19th June 2013, 13:20   #39
BHPian

"Dual chambered construction provide an intense, centre-weighted distribution of light making night driving safe and comfortable."

What on earth does that mean? Centre-weighted distribution of light???

Or someone at TML gone bat-crap crazy???
Old 19th June 2013, 13:34   #40
Senior - BHPian

Any information on the new pricing for the facelift models? I have got some very positive reviews about the CR4 engine.

I am likely to consider the CR4 based eCS as replacement for the aging Indica.

Any inputs on the car, its performance etc are most welcome.
Old 19th June 2013, 14:07   #41
Senior - BHPian

Indigo eCS starts at 4.99 lakhs, ex-Maharashtra. Detailed price list will be updated shortly.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 19th June 2013, 15:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Shoddy Photoshop editing left unattended on the launch website itself shows the lacklustre attitude of TML towards it's cars these days. I don't think they are interested at all to rope in a new clientele with fresh products. Fair enough, but one fine day, their passenger car division might just bite the dust and waft away into oblivion.
What is the shoddy photoshop job? It looks to me like the highlight on the section selected. In the first the ebony dashboard, and in the second the new seats. What did I miss?

I wish Tata had moved the front power window controls to the doors and the rear ones from their foot-operated position to one more accessible by hand. They really need to change the dash and door pad design and come up with a new one. Or why not just shrink/modify the Vista's and use those? The D-90 ones, that is.
Old 19th June 2013, 15:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
What is the shoddy photoshop job? It looks to me like the highlight on the section selected. In the first the ebony dashboard, and in the second the new seats. What did I miss?
Ghostly glows emanating from underneath the dashboard and seat edges cannot be called highlights. Besides what's new here to highlight? This car doesn't even deserve a second look IMO.
Old 19th June 2013, 16:38   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

I think a CNG Nano is launched as well. Is it available or needs more time to come to the market?
Old 19th June 2013, 16:52   #45

To be honest, I feel this facelift really made this car a decent looking one in the compact sedan class.
Based on looks alone (strictly exterior), in my opinion, it looks better than the Dzire.
rahulsampath is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks