Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2012, 21:00   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Jeep, Abarth, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Thanks for sharing Tarun! I've moved your post with the important updates & replies to a new thread. The old Jeep Cherokee thread has been closed.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 22:38   #17
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Jeep, Abarth, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

i just read the news on economic times website. This is great news i own a linea 1.3 MJD, and plan to sell it in 2015. This gives me good reason to check the road reports for new Linea and even Abarth editions or may be move up to Jeep, i hope they tune them as per India and not mess up the way they did with linea and punto presently
Old 7th December 2012, 01:05   #18
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Abarth coming to India. Thats great news. I hope Fiat doesn't mess up on the pricing of the car. I would love them to bring the two door version. I hope they don't just tune the existing 4 door version of the car as that will just spoil it for me.
With the abarth and the polo GTD coming it should be fun. India finally seems to be getting the hot hatches.
Old 7th December 2012, 01:15   #19
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

This is Music to my ears though.Welcome Fiat to Indian Shores with full fleet.
Last year i happen to be in Portland Auto show,Oh man what an experience it was when i took a ride on Jeep Wrangler Rubicon ,it was simple awesome,its one hell of a Off- road vehicle.
http://www.jeep.com/en/2013/wrangler...rt&color=crush
http://www.jeep.com/en/jeep_capabilities/trail_rated/
Awaiting to own one in India..

MSVG

Last edited by msvg : 7th December 2012 at 01:39.
Old 7th December 2012, 07:34   #20
Mik
BHPian

I am the "go to" guy for all my relatives and family friends whenever they are the in the market for a new car. At some stage, if i suggest a linea or a punto - the common refrain is
"Dekhne mei toh badhiya hai..solid hai.. but spare parts nahi milte.. mere so and so dost..."
("Very good to look at...very solid. but spare parts cannot be found.. my so and so friend..")

Launching a refreshed portfolio is fine. BUT, without a sound road map on how to change the perception of people regarding previous issues - Fiat isn't going anywhere.
Old 7th December 2012, 07:56   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Launching a refreshed portfolio is fine. BUT, without a sound road map on how to change the perception of people regarding previous issues - Fiat isn't going anywhere.
+1

Fiat-Chrysler combine has identified the right segments of growth; however, the problem with Fiat has never been its products but its sales and service. "There is nothing wrong with the products; the company has to improve its brand image,"

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/17514307.cms
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2012, 08:08   #22
Team-BHP Support

Good move by Fiat. IMO, the brand needs a bigger product portfolio to take the game forward. And the road map on the independent dealerships and service centers shows the right intent.

That said, I believe the newer models from Fiat may not have the famed precision steering. The steering feel of Punto Evo, Bravo etc. are not rated very high.
Old 7th December 2012, 08:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Fiats dealership strategy is nice. Good to go independent rather than depend on another brand to get the job done for you.

I have one issue. I love Abarth and stuff but dont you think fiat needs to concentrate on getting numbers up rather than choosing to tickle couple of enthusiasts? How many of us will put our money in our mouth and pay around 20big ones for a Fiat 500 abarth or pay 20ish for a Jeep and then take it offroad?

If they need to get Jeep in they rather make it in india rather than do a CKD or CBU route. Launch the first vehicle from here and do what you want for the higher segment. Bread and butter is more important than white elephants!

Fiat - Wake me up in 2015.
Old 7th December 2012, 09:02   #24
BHPian

This sounds promising from FIAT. It will be great to see Abarth edition in India! :-)
Hope they will work on the service and spares part. That should fix their main issues!
Old 7th December 2012, 09:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

List looks good however I feel they need
1. A 1.2ltr petrol engine comparable to K-Series or I-VTEC. Current 1.2lts FIRE stands nowhere against rest 1.2lts on offer.
2. A 1ltr diesel engine for 'New compact car' which they want to place against Alto-Eon.
3. Compact SUV. This should be the highest priority.

Good luck Fiat
Old 7th December 2012, 09:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thats some wonderful news for the enthusiast but what needs to be found it is how is Fiat going to strategise the infrastructure to handle all those new launches. It still hasnt come out of the Tata's shadows as yet and there is no clarity on the plans to handle the existing load. Is it being too ambitious and too fast.

I am still figuring out how can I get my hands on the 1.6MJD? Start an SIP?
Old 7th December 2012, 09:41   #27
BHPian

I'll buy an Abarth 500 if it comes with a manual transmission. If, like the Mini, it is offered only with an automatic, for me it will be as if it doesn't exist. as the Mini does not exist for me in the Indian market.
Harbir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2012, 09:53   #28
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Any scoops or pics of the new punto/linea ? I hope Fiat can make a mark with their cars more than their engines.
Old 7th December 2012, 10:08   #29
BHPian

Thank you for the info Tarun. Brings a smile to all Fiat fans . I am bit disappointed though since the strategy is chalked out little late and the implementation is also going to take some time. At least if they had the linea/punto new launches in (early) 2013 it would have set the sales charts ticking.

The product line up is also mouth-watering. Any news on the Multi-Air technology coming to India ?
Old 7th December 2012, 10:17   #30
BHPian

From what they are at the moment, they can only go up, I guess! Lat month they sold 270 cars (?) in the whole country,something which even a small dealer of Maruti may sell!

However, Fiat is missing the point, while all these introduction look good on paper, they can't bring in much volumes, to build a sustainable business Fiat desperately needs a volume car priced below punto, which changes the game for them, something like I20 , how about a new palio multijet priced below punto?(Keep Punto for the classes and Palio for the masses with about 75k price difference)

Last edited by rock75 : 7th December 2012 at 10:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks