Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2013, 11:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford FIGO celebration edition launched to mark its third birthday

On a positive note atleast there is something (navigation system, limited edition seat covers and scuff plates) other than simply stickers getting pasted and it being offered/called as a celebration edition , on the down side i hate that those stickers , the one under the TDCI badging looks easily removable and could start coming off.
Old 5th March 2013, 14:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

I contacted Ford and they say that celebration edition is available on all variants of Figo. But difficult to believe.
Old 5th March 2013, 14:56   #18
BHPian

Celebration edition has to mean something to rejoice about and something different to give to your customers. With the current set of features, its like Maruti has given its brains to Ford.

I wouldve liked the following though

1. Headlamps - how about LED lights !!! Now that would be celebration
2. Signed by Boneham !!! - That would be collectors piece
3. GPS is probably a good one !
4. How about tying up with firms such as Kymeta for developing antennae which can access broadband connectivity. Now that would be a first one, wouldnt it ?
5. And maybe some weird colours such as purple, piyonk etc for the seats with sky blue on the outside. gives it a jarring look for sure

Cheers
Old 5th March 2013, 17:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
I contacted Ford and they say that celebration edition is available on all variants of Figo. But difficult to believe.
All the so called 'features' are accessories that can be fitted on to any variant and none of them come as standard even in the top variant. So they can give it in any variant that the customer wants. It can even be sold as an accessories package from the dealer. BTW, any idea how much it costs extra for the celebration edition over regular variant?
Old 5th March 2013, 20:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Celebration edition, Special Edition, Anniversary Edition etc etc etc. All very well. One thing that I have just not understood is WHY all the auto companies put those horrible decals on such cars ???

Please spare the customer the torture of grotesque looking cars.

I am sure no car maker is listening, but I HAD to get this out of my system.

S I G H !!!
Old 5th March 2013, 22:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
...So they can give it in any variant that the customer wants. It can even be sold as an accessories package from the dealer. BTW, any idea how much it costs extra for the celebration edition over regular variant?
The base variant Figo prices ares Rs3,88,999 for petrol and Rs4,88,999 for Diesel both ex-showroom Delhi. The additional for the accessories plus the soap powder decals works up to Rs 27,000.
Old 5th March 2013, 22:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
The base variant Figo prices ares Rs3,88,999 for petrol and Rs4,88,999 for Diesel both ex-showroom Delhi. The additional for the accessories plus the soap powder decals works up to Rs 27,000.
Nothing short of daylight robbery! It wouldn't cost them more than 15k for all those features. With an increased showroom price, the customers would end up paying road tax component too for this crap. Can't imagine anyone paying their RTA to have those detergent leftovers on his car body.

Funniest thing is the discounts that companies would give for these models in a few weeks after trying and miserably failing with these overpriced limited editions. Why can't they offset those discounts against these accessories and 'claim' to give these as freebies making at least a few customers think they get extra stuff for the same price. That might drive a few extra customers to showrooms!
Old 6th March 2013, 10:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Though not indicated anywhere, the pictures shows alloy wheels which the dealer at Kochi says that is the one in the Titanium version and that the accessories come as a celebration package for Rs 27000 against the accessory price of Rs 35000.
@zenren true, this is beating in the guise of a pat.
These editions initially attract the attention of many prospective buyers and ultimately how many really buys is doubtful.

Last edited by rajeev k : 6th March 2013 at 11:01.
Old 6th March 2013, 11:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

If Ford manages to sell these models without problems i should probably start thinking of leaving this country!! If a brand like Ford can do the maruti thingy and manage to attract buyers...Well Its just pathetic.

I think we should be shameful as a society to the lured by the Limited Edition Badge with just seat covers, stickers and under 10k worth of aftermarket fittings!!

A limited edition? Have you seen an S10!!
Old 6th March 2013, 14:50   #25
BHPian

I believe manufacturers learn a thing or two from others, not always the good stuff always, eh? I guess ford just pulled a fast maruti on us all.
I for once, feel good that i haven't missed much by choosing the titanium.
I was hoping that ford would come up with something creative.
A different front face/paintjob. That decal looks like the cheap stickering on those Rs 15 bisleri water bottles available in the railway station refreshment shops. throw in a better HU maybe, DRLs? I started laughing when i saw the the decal and the white paintjob. Looks like i'll get one just to take it on those holidays to hawaii, wearing a flower pattern shorts and palm tree design shirt with the top two buttons unbottoned and sing Ola-la-la- tu he meri fantasy and all that.

OT:
Well, i think we can start leaving the country then. Some of my friends are contemplating on buying the limited edition already .
Old 6th March 2013, 15:53   #26
BHPian

A true limited edition should at least contain 1 or more of following to qualify

1. Re-mapped ECU with higher power output and different ratio's than stock.

2. Different steering wheel like momo's /sparco

3. Special leather covers with sports stitching.

4. Brushed Aluminium pedals.

5. Special Gear knob.

6. Special Colors like matt black or special Red etc with small
"Limited Edition" badging on the boot.

but looks like limited edition nowadays mean having some additional stickers of the car !!

Cheers,
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 11:19   #27
BHPian

Went to the Ford showroom at Malad (Mumbai) yesterday to check out the celebration version.

- As many have pointed out, it is not a true celebration edition or model being rolled out but a set of 6 accessories being fitted by the dealer on the existing models

- The accessories can be fit on amy model and color and even in parts (so you can choose to fit only 4 of the 6 features at a reduced cost - thank goodness for that as the stickers are really not something to sing about.

- There is another accessory pack called sport version with sleeker accessories (much cooler alloy wheels, custom design leather seats and door patches, roof matt finish carpet, spoiler, etc. But this comes at a 75k extra cost as a set - or you can choose to fit just few of the accessories you like.

Now I am really confused whether to go for a diesel ZXI with spoiler, matt finish roof and alloys OR wait for Ecosport :-/

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 10th March 2013 at 11:26.
Old 11th March 2013, 21:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

Had been to Malayalam Ford, Kochi yesterday. The celebration accessories come as a package except the decal stickering. The white colour comes with the soap powder foam stickers. Any variant can be fitted with these accessories at the dealer's Shades other than white can not have the decals.
Test drove a TDCI Titanium test car which has clocked 10 K kms. Was impressed. I have my focus on the Figo diesel and my comparison iswith Beat diesel.
Old 12th March 2013, 07:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
There is another accessory pack called sport version with sleeker accessories (much cooler alloy wheels, custom design leather seats and door patches, roof matt finish carpet, spoiler, etc. But this comes at a 75k extra cost as a set - or you can choose to fit just few of the accessories you like.
Do they offer any buyback for the OEM alloys if I choose this for Titanium version? Any idea how much would be the sport pack without the alloys in case they would not take back OEM alloys?
Old 12th March 2013, 07:50   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Do they offer any buyback for the OEM alloys if I choose this for Titanium version? Any idea how much would be the sport pack without the alloys in case they would not take back OEM alloys?
Firstly, I am not sure if this offer was specific to my Mumbai dealer or pan India.

Secondly, yes you can pick and choose the options you want from the pack and add independently as they are part of official Ford accessories list. For Eg: I am planning to opt for roof carpet, sport alloys and tyres (MRF zvts 175/65/14), and spoiler.

I am not sure about buy back, but I am assuming that the alloy + wheels cost of 17k will be reduced if you are using them on the Titanium version.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks