Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2013, 11:53   #31
BHPian

Re: Ambassador Hatchback coming up in 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
The Birlas make the right noises such as this so that the government doesn't go after them for selling subsidized land acquired for the manufacture of this clunker. In fact in 2007 as per this http://www.livemint.com/Industry/f4f...-govt-194.html article under the guise of raising more money to pump into HM, the Birlas sold the surplus land around the factory to make an IT park and a township, we know who would keep the profits from selling government provided subsidized land for a factory.

Consequently this has been held up now because I guess the spoils of the proceeds could not be distributed amicably among the looters here. Cars be damned it is all about the land now for the Birlas.
+1 to your comment. The Ambassador is dead and buried and a resurrection is impossible in the hands of the current owners. The real issue behind the so called "rejuvenation" has been correctly pointed out by Samarjit Dhar. This ploy has been used successfully by industrialists in west bengal to retain large chunks of subsidised / free land banks and milk the estate for their own benefits. AFAIK, the current owners of Dunlop Tyres are also in the same game. Therefore although we motorheads may be enthused at the news of 'Ambassador Hatchback coming in 2014' - we should not set our expectations too high.
Rajeev1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 22:29   #32
Senior - BHPian

Wow this is such awesome news !! This must be the most awaited launch of 2000andnever !!
I dont even think the babus in Kolkata want one with the variety available now. Why why why HM ! Anyone who did not go to business school knows this isnt some cleverly thought out business decision, there has to be a scam in mind !!
nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 22:36   #33
BHPian

Seriously ambassador hatchback!!! Why HM why?? Instead of playing such games with a dead vehicle, you can instead focus on creating a all new modern ambassador sedan with amazing looks,features and powertrain.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 14:45   #34
BHPian

For Amby, I don't mind if they keep selling the same model. The Amby proves that a good formula doesnot need to be updated if it makes sense to the masses. Cost effectiveness is the key word here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd March 2013 at 16:09. Reason: Post edited. Removed off topic posts.
Old 18th April 2013, 10:43   #35
BHPian

This particular artist's impression looks quite fascinating to me. With those set of wheels, top-quality interiors, refined ride quality & engine and some A-class A-S-S... I think it might be able to do at least 1000+ sales per month. Of course, considering 600-800 cars might go to cabbies.
Attached Thumbnails
Ambassador Hatchback coming up in 2014-hmambassadorcompactsedan.jpg  

Old 18th April 2013, 15:21   #36
Senior - BHPian

Maybe I dont know its because of the Govt mindset that I have but Amby still retains an old world kind of charm and yes it has acres of space inside for the babus to sit in comfort. I still prefer travelling in an Amby rather than the fancy newer cars being bought by the Government. With the right amount of refinement to interiors and the drive train, I see no reason why Amby can be ruled out as yet.
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 15:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

What next ? An Amby based compact SUV within 4m to compete with the Ecosport ?!
Old 26th July 2013, 15:24   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Hindustan Ambassador BSIV coming this August.

Hindustan Motors will soon roll-out the Ambassador with a BSIV compliant engine. The BSIV Ambassador will be manufactured at HM’s Uttarpara plant in Hoogly from August this year.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/351...is-august.aspx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks