Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2013, 14:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Ertiga CNG Launched

Came across this News :

Source : http://www.ptinews.com/news/3723008_...-Rs-7-30-lakh-

Article :
Quote:

The country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India Saturday launched CNG variant of its multi-purpose van 'Ertiga' priced up to Rs 7.30 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

Christened as 'Ertiga Green', it will be available in two variants with the base version available at Rs 6.52 lakh, while the top-end version is tagged at Rs 7.30 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), the company said in a statement
IMO, a nice alternative to expensive hatches. Awaiting the power and torque rating. Going by the Maruti Factory Fitted CNG standards, this one should be nice to drive ( we have a K10 Factory fitted CNG waggie at home ).
Also, how the CNG cylinder is placed is to be seen as the space would be less with last row of seats in place.
aaggoswami is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 14:51   #17

Maruti launches CNG Ertiga, priced up to Rs 7.30 lakh - Indian Express Mobile - http://m.indianexpress.com/news/maru...-lakh/1129477/
theincredible1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 15:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Ertiga "Green" CNG MPV launched

Maruti Suzuki has launched the CNG powered variant of the Ertiga MPV in India. The CNG variant is dubbed the Ertiga Green, highlighting the MPV's low emission credentials while running on CNG, a cleaner burning fuel when compared with petrol and diesel. CNG is the third fuel option for the Ertiga, with the MPV already being available in petrol and diesel engine guises.

Maruti launches CNG Ertiga-marutiertiga01.jpg

The Ertiga Green is available as a dual fuel version. The 1.4 Liter K-Series petrol engine (94 Bhp-130 Nm) of the Ertiga has been converted to run on CNG. A five speed manual gearbox transmits torque to the front wheels of the MPV. The petrol tank will be retained on the Ertiga Green, for longer trips outside the city where availability of CNG dispensing outlets can be a concern.

The Ertiga CNG is available in two variants, LXi (priced at 6.52 lakh rupees) and VXi (priced at 7.30 lakh rupees). Both prices reflect ex-showroom Delhi figures, as specified on the Ertiga's official website. The CNG powered Ertiga variants are about 52,000 rupees pricier than equivalent petrol powered models.

As the car is a dual fuel version, the driver can toggle between petrol and CNG modes through a dashboard mounted switch. The CNG tank of the Ertiga Green is expected to replace the third row of seats. Effectively, this makes the Ertiga Green a five seater. All said, the exact specifications of the Ertiga Green will be announced in the coming days.

The latest variant of the MPV will go on sale in the Indian states that have CNG dispensing infrastructure in place. The Ertiga Green is the 6th CNG powered car in the Maruti Suzuki line up, joining the likes of the Alto 800, the Eeco, the SX4, the WagonR and the Estilo. All these cars are dual fuel models, capable of running on petrol or CNG.

Although after market CNG conversion kits are available freely in India, the factory fitment of such kits does come with a host of advantages. Optimal CNG conversion necessitates strengthening of certain engine components and the suspension, crucial aspect that is taken care of by factory fitted kits. Also, factory fitted kits come with an accompanying manufacturer warranty.

With a wide range of CNG powered cars on sale, Maruti Suzuki is targeting buyers looking at cars whose running costs are lower than both petrol and diesel models. The claimed fuel economy of the Ertiga Green stands at 22.74 Kms/Kg. The Ertiga can also be ordered with petrol and diesel engine options, in 5 and 7 seat variants.
JayPrashanth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 18:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga "Green" CNG MPV launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
As the car is a dual fuel version, the driver can toggle between petrol and CNG modes through a dashboard mounted switch. The CNG tank of the Ertiga Green is expected to replace the third row of seats. Effectively, this makes the Ertiga Green a five seater. All said, the exact specifications of the Ertiga Green will be announced in the coming days.
That is loosing the whole plot is it not? If the Ertiga turns into a 5 seater, it is no different from say a Wagon R or a Ritz. Now why would anyone pay 7.5 lac for a 5 seat hatchback with no particular benefit?
Ertiga is selling because it is a well packaged 7 seater MUV at a price slightly costlier than a hatch. Once you lose the additional 2 seats you are left with an expensive hatch with lesser features.

One more way of tackling the CNG mod is to keep the 7 seats and drop the spare wheel. In place of the spare wheel place a circular CNG tank. Now if Maruti can provide runflats at a cheap price than this option is workable
apachelongbow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 19:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti launches CNG Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by theincredible1 View Post
Maruti launches CNG Ertiga, priced up to Rs 7.30 lakh - Indian Express Mobile - http://m.indianexpress.com/news/maru...-lakh/1129477/
Thank you for sharing the news. Like many others I was looking forward for the Ertiga to come in the CNG avataar. However why such a quiet launch. There are no adverts in the media (newspapers, TV channels etc). How will the public know that the Ertiga is now available even in CNG?
Old 15th June 2013, 20:29   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

Thank you for sharing the news. Like many others I was looking forward for the Ertiga to come in the CNG avataar. However why such a quiet launch. There are no adverts in the media (newspapers, TV channels etc). How will the public know that the Ertiga is now available even in CNG?
I ran to the dealership and called a few others as well.

Guess what?

None of them have a clue about it. The best answer I got was that there is some big dealer meet in Goa with the company and the top management and they will know better of this only on Monday morning.

WEIRD !!
Old 15th June 2013, 22:33   #22
BHPian

re: Maruti launches CNG Ertiga

Quote:

Here's some more info about it:

Ertiga Base LXi(Green) priced at Rs.6.52 lacs only.
Source: http://www.carblogindia.com/maruti-ertiga-cng-india/
Old 16th June 2013, 09:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Ertiga is selling because it is a well packaged 7 seater MUV at a price slightly costlier than a hatch. Once you lose the additional 2 seats you are left with an expensive hatch with lesser features.
Absolutely . I am even ready to loose one seat in the 3rd row. Give me a 6 seat option at least.

Quote:
One more way of tackling the CNG mod is to keep the 7 seats and drop the spare wheel. In place of the spare wheel place a circular CNG tank. Now if Maruti can provide runflats at a cheap price than this option is workable
That is a very good design option for the CNG tank. Instead of completely doing away with the spare, it can be mounted on the roof top. The Ertiga is already cleverly packaged & I was thinking that MSIL would go one step ahead by accommodating the CNG tank without compromising on the seating capacity. Anyways I will wait for the final specs of the CNGed Ertiga to come out before making any conclusions.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 14:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga CNG Launched

IMO with the 3rd row out, the vehicle is as good or bad as any sedan which can sit 5. But, since it is based on Swift/ Ritz platform, it will be little tight for 3 in second row. This will definitely kill SX4 petrol variant sales (in few states) to a great extent. Any pointers to the capacity of the CNG cylinder...?!
Old 16th June 2013, 19:58   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Absolutely . I am even ready to loose one seat in the 3rd row. Give me a 6 seat option at least.

That is a very good design option for the CNG tank. Instead of completely doing away with the spare, it can be mounted on the roof top. The Ertiga is already cleverly packaged & I was thinking that MSIL would go one step ahead by accommodating the CNG tank without compromising on the seating capacity. Anyways I will wait for the final specs of the CNGed Ertiga to come out before making any conclusions.
Autoindian I know, the information being dispersed right now sounds disappointing, but trust me, MSIL cannot loose the plot so Horribly! Even as a 6 seater the Ertiga won't quite offer the same value as it curently does!

What I'm more concerned about is the pricing! A 9L+ on road cost would be pushing it too far for a Vxi CNg Model! Check these prices for Mumbai(ex=showroom):

Ertiga Lxi CNG 690978.27
Ertiga Vxi CNG 772456.12
MARUTI ERTIGA LDI BS IV 787587.98
MARUTI ERTIGA LXI BS IV 634880.88
MARUTI ERTIGA VDI BS IV 855821.65
MARUTI ERTIGA VXI ABS BS IV 717823.30
MARUTI ERTIGA VXI BS IV 709418.30
MARUTI ERTIGA ZDI BS IV 921447.46
MARUTI ERTIGA ZXI BS IV 790803.48

If you ask me, a current owner, It's a better bet to buy a Zxi Model and fit an after market kit which would be a great deal as you get accessories worth at least 50-70k for an additional 40oddk (12kex showroom diff + aftermkt kit 30k max) only and the top end variant!

Last edited by parassoni : 16th June 2013 at 20:02.
parassoni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 08:26   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
If you ask me, a current owner, It's a better bet to buy a Zxi Model and fit an after market kit which would be a great deal as you get accessories worth at least 50-70k for an additional 40oddk (12kex showroom diff + aftermkt kit 30k max) only and the top end variant!
If ever I opt for the Ertiga, then definitely I won't settle for anything less than the ZXi/ZDi. I would have loved a ZXi with a factory fitted CNG kit. Though aftermarket CNG kit gives us the flexibility of choosing the tank size, its placement etc, the suspension is not set-up for the additional weight. Moreover a factory fitted CNG kit gives us the peace of mind, hassle free warranty. I am keenly looking for more details to come out.
Old 18th June 2013, 18:53   #27

[quote="theincredible1;3123968"]

I too was about to buy the ZXi Ertiga and the night after i booked it i googled for user feedback by fitting a CNG kit in the cars. To my surprise I found out that the factory fitted CNG version was due in a month or two.

However the dealership had an option of an extra fitment of the cng kit and showed it to me fitted on another car hoping the sale would be immediate.

What I found out is that the fitment althought perfect made me still want to wait for the factory fitted one. Although it is expected that the CNG version will not be available on the ZXi variant, I think it will surely be available on the VXi.

My best guess about the CNG fitted from the factory (and also shown to me by the dealership) will be the removal of the long plastic luggage tray behind the last row of seats and placing the CNG tank similar to the one in the Eeco (the longer one compared to the regular fatter and shorter).

Surprisingly that space in the ertiga's last row for that cng tank was so perfect, I felt the car was designed like this for a definate CNG option in the future.

Nothing of the functionality (rear seats, spare wheel etc.) was compromised at all.

Fingers crossed hoping for a ZXi CNG variant.

BOTH HANDS Fingers crossed for a ZXi CNG AUTOMATIC Variant
Attached Images

theincredible1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 20:49   #28

Some pics about how Maruti has successfully done a great job with CNG again.

When will the other manufacturers learn that a retrofitted CNG kit at the dealership and extended warranty by the dealers is not what people want.

I hope CNG is ofdeeed like this in top end variants and also automatic transmission options

Wouldn't a top of the line variant + CNG + automatic transmission (hopefully 5 speed and above) would be the perfect car to buy for city driving and the occasional out of town picnic?

Come on manufacturers LISTEN !! AUTO + CNG + TOP VARIANT !!

Longer and thinner and strengthened tank. Fingers crossed for a good capacity.

Maruti launches CNG Ertiga-screenshot_2013061819315111.jpg

Hopefully covered/protected with a strong bracket under the carpet so heavy luggage can be put on top of it guilt free.

Name:  Screenshot_201306181932251.png
Views: 26794
Size:  174.7 KB

Switch for changing from petrol to cng looks like its in the right place. Should be backlit.

Maruti launches CNG Ertiga-screenshot_2013061819324411.jpg

Amazing CNG fuel gauge incorporated into the instrument cluster. I think its better than the illuminated bar switches.

Name:  Screenshot_201306181933091.png
Views: 19337
Size:  83.3 KB

Cng to be filled from the fuel lid section One of the biggest reasons to buy a factory fitted CNG kit for me.
No more of slamming the bonnet or boot.

Name:  Screenshot_201306181934021.png
Views: 18428
Size:  231.9 KB

Strengthened suspension. Should have been tuned to the right balance and height. Haven't heard any complaints from WagonR users which has this done as well for its CNG version.

Name:  Screenshot_201306181946511.png
Views: 15082
Size:  114.2 KB

Engine has special material used for CNG usage, helping prolong engine wear and tear. Wonder what it is. I guess better oils and coolants do the job as well.

Maruti launches CNG Ertiga-screenshot_2013061819464011.jpg

2 ECUs to manage the delivery and concentration for the fuel / CNG mixture. Also shows this is the direct port injection kit which is probably the best out there.

Maruti launches CNG Ertiga-screenshot_2013061819411011.jpg

The fuel lid has a tiny switch which prevents the engine from running while the lid is open. Good safety feature I guess.

Name:  Screenshot_201306181947041.png
Views: 15120
Size:  207.1 KB

Stainless steel jointsbfor the fuel lines to prevent leakage due to corrosion.

Maruti launches CNG Ertiga-screenshot_2013061819471211.jpg

Dual Solenoid System prevents simultaneous usage of fuel and cng.

Maruti launches CNG Ertiga-screenshot_2013061819472311.jpg
theincredible1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 15:55   #29

QUESTION :

Originally the Ertiga was
Power : 94 bhp @ 6000 rpm
and
Torque :130 Nm @ 4000 rpm.

Maruti says the CNG ertiga will be
Power : 82ps @ 6000 rpm
and
Torque : 110Nm @ 4000 rpm.

Will the engine be DE-TUNED from the curent petrol offering or are these the figures when run on CNG ?
Old 19th June 2013, 16:46   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti launches CNG Ertiga

Quote:
QUESTION :

Originally the Ertiga was
Power : 94 bhp @ 6000 rpm
and
Torque :130 Nm @ 4000 rpm.

Maruti says the CNG ertiga will be
Power : 82ps @ 6000 rpm
and
Torque : 110Nm @ 4000 rpm.

Will the engine be DE-TUNED from the curent petrol offering or are these the figures when run on CNG ?
Engines do suffer in terms of power output when running CNG as fuel. Hence, its not a de-tuned engine. Just the power drop due to the use of cheaper fuel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks