Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2013, 22:23   #46
BHPian

Re: Maruti launches CNG Ertiga

[quote=parassoni;3159310]
Also, I have stumbled upon a great site to upgrade to OEM HU/ICE kits for VDi/VXi owners. So that part can be upgraded! Its actually the OEM system that comes in the Indonesian Ertiga!

Hi Paras,

Can you share the link for this site?

Thanks
g.e.
Old 8th July 2013, 14:17   #47
BHPian

[quote=geekyengineer;3168450]
Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
Also, I have stumbled upon a great site to upgrade to OEM HU/ICE kits for VDi/VXi owners. So that part can be upgraded! Its actually the OEM system that comes in the Indonesian Ertiga!

Hi Paras,

Can you share the link for this site?

Thanks
g.e.
Hey Geeky, Sorry but that product has been removed! it was available on ShopClues.com via a seller from Vizag!

Tried googling for cache and found these links that point to same/similar product!

http://www.dealdunia.in/topic/22808-...n-50-discount/

http://chaitanyaenterprises.co/index...e-3d-maps.html

Will post further details once i'm able to contact the dealer!
parassoni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 19:58   #48
BHPian

I would have really appreciated an Ertiga in a ZXI CNG avatar. Any particular reason as to why they didn't launch this variant?
The only reason I can think of, is the extra weight maybe because of the added equipment?
But even that, I don't think would matter that much.

The Ertiga CNG Zxi would have made a really compelling case for itself mainly because of the safety aspect.

Last edited by DeKay : 25th July 2013 at 20:00.
Old 8th August 2013, 21:56   #49
BHPian

Havent seen any updates on this thread for a long time.

Do we have any owners around us to check the feedback of the CNG variant?

Also does the monthly report contain a separate data of PETROL-CNG as well?? Any idea about the rough monthly figures of this car?

Thanks
g.e
Old 18th July 2014, 16:46   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
I was taking strictly of Range "in distance terms"! Its tough to beat a diesel in Economics! Thats Why i bought one! But the CNg is still a better bet than Plain Petrol(which was my point)

Admittedly, I have a bias for add-ons that come for a nominal cost(45-50k in this case)

Meals or tolls can also be earned thru conservative/smart driving techniques, But The Moot point is agreed on, A higher Capacity tank was desirable!
What one would save on cng will easily outshine what little you have to spend on rare highway trips. I spend for my monthly 2000km run in mumbai
1. Rs.8000/- in my qjt vista
2. Rs.12000/- in my e6 xylo
3. Rs. 4000/- in my wife's wagon r k series retrofitted inclu. Rs.500/- of petrol per month.
How is that for saving in fuel bills.
@ 66 a lit in mumbai and rs.69 per lit in navi mumbai , even my efficient quadrajet feels expensive over my cng fitted logan ( now sold).diesel is going up steadily.
Setting aside frequent fueling trips and occasional niggles pertaining to the drier fuel, cng makes so much sense.
I can do a Vashi Pune Vashi run in one tankful of cng. Say about rs.325/-
Diesel at 18/20 imply would come to about rs.1000/- for the same run.
HIGHNOON is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 23:01   #51
BHPian

Hi mods,
Kindly move this request to appropriate section!

I'm a proud owner of Ertiga CNG (Vxi) and took delivery of the car 2 days ago. The CNG was half-full at the time of delivery & I got it filled in today morning (Pressure rating - 200 - 210 Kg/cm2, Total CNG - 6.2 Kg). However, for the entire day, I've covered about 40 Kms only on Petrol. I wanted a solution for this strange problem:

a. The CNG level indicator dropped 2 notches even though I was cruising only on Petrol.
b. When I shifted from CNG to Petrol mode, the CNG immediately started blinking, indicating that it was empty, even though it was a notch above Empty, before I switched.
c. There is a strange "bumping" noise when I shift gears while on CNG. While on petrol, its absolutely silent

Can any of the team members help me with appropriate solutions?
Old 30th August 2014, 10:15   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrajeevkumar View Post
Hi mods,
Kindly move this request to appropriate section!

a. The CNG level indicator dropped 2 notches even though I was cruising only on Petrol.
b. When I shifted from CNG to Petrol mode, the CNG immediately started blinking, indicating that it was empty, even though it was a notch above Empty, before I switched.
c. There is a strange "bumping" noise when I shift gears while on CNG. While on petrol, its absolutely silent

Can any of the team members help me with appropriate solutions?
Dear Rajeev

I own a Wagon R CNG and please note the below pointers:

1) When you take the delivery of a car, the CNG set up needs a couple of full tank-empty runs to function properly.
What I mean by function properly is the lights being in sync with the actual mileage.

2) Also, pls. note that even if the pressure is 200psi +, there are instances that due to some traces of LPG mixed at the source, you are effectively getting lower than what you pay for.

3) Enjoy the car and in a couple of full tank-empty CNG cycles, the engine and the mechanics would stabilize and you will enjoy the full economical benefits of the gas!!
arnabchak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 20:08   #53
BHPian

Hi Arnab,

Thank you for the insight. I will definitely work out the way you suggested & post my findings here. Apparently, as I'm in Sao Paulo on a business visit, I will give an update post 20th Sept.

Cheers!

Rajeev
Old 21st September 2014, 14:15   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Dear Rajeev

I own a Wagon R CNG and please note the below pointers:

1) When you take the delivery of a car, the CNG set up needs a couple of full tank-empty runs to function properly.
What I mean by function properly is the lights being in sync with the actual mileage.

2) Also, pls. note that even if the pressure is 200psi +, there are instances that due to some traces of LPG mixed at the source, you are effectively getting lower than what you pay for.

3) Enjoy the car and in a couple of full tank-empty CNG cycles, the engine and the mechanics would stabilize and you will enjoy the full economical benefits of the gas!!
Hi Arnab,

I have been using the CNG for about 10 days now with minimal running on petrol. Unfortunately, I'm still seeing the same trend. I fill in gas (About 6 - 6.5 Kgs) and in a span of 10 mins (while running on petrol) the notch slips one count. The average kms I get is anywhere around 140 on a full tank (with partial A/c running). The first service is due in a few days & I felt it should be mentioned to the service guys, unless this is a regular phenomenon. Can you guide further?

Thanks a lot in advance
Old 22nd September 2014, 11:31   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Arnab,

I have been using the CNG for about 10 days now with minimal running on petrol. Unfortunately, I'm still seeing the same trend. I fill in gas (About 6 - 6.5 Kgs) and in a span of 10 mins (while running on petrol) the notch slips one count. The average kms I get is anywhere around 140 on a full tank (with partial A/c running). The first service is due in a few days & I felt it should be mentioned to the service guys, unless this is a regular phenomenon. Can you guide further?

Thanks a lot in advance
Dear Rajeev

Wagon R on a good pressure goes upto 200 kms on a tankful of CNG.

Infact, on highways, I could extract upto 225 kms a couple of times.
Considering the WR has a 1.0 K Series engine against the 1.3 in an Ertiga, mileage could be around 180-190 kms /tankful on medium to heavy load on the highway.

With regards to the notch slipping one count, it can happen many times due to low pressure in the outlet.

Infact, during my last top up, the point slipped within 1.5 kms of the refill.

Could extract only 130 kms in that tankful.

Since the car is due for 1st Service, you could mention it to the SA and if the sensors needs a cleanup, it will be done FOC.

Do let me know how is the car performing post the service.

Best wishes always!!
Old 7th August 2015, 12:16   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Dear Rajeev

Wagon R on a good pressure goes upto 200 kms on a tankful of CNG.

Infact, on highways, I could extract upto 225 kms a couple of times.
Considering the WR has a 1.0 K Series engine against the 1.3 in an Ertiga, mileage could be around 180-190 kms /tankful on medium to heavy load on the highway.

With regards to the notch slipping one count, it can happen many times due to low pressure in the outlet.

Infact, during my last top up, the point slipped within 1.5 kms of the refill.

Could extract only 130 kms in that tankful.

Since the car is due for 1st Service, you could mention it to the SA and if the sensors needs a cleanup, it will be done FOC.

Do let me know how is the car performing post the service.

Best wishes always!!
Hi Arnab,

Writing in after quite sometime. I have been revving my Ertiga to great lengths over the last few months. Needless to say, its an awesome vehicle and I'm glad I put in money where it rightly belongs!

However, I noticed a weird situation after the first Paid Service yesterday (After my Ertiga clocked around 19300 Kms). Post the PS, the power has drastically reduced. Now, I need to push the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor to get to a speed of 90 - 100 kmph! Earlier, a partial push was just enough for it to race on the road. Got it verified today again but the Service Advisor mentions, the vehicle is in perfect health & nothing to worry! During service they changed oil + Filters + Spark Plug (Engine Oil used is Synthetic).

I'm unsure if what the service advisor is quoting is to be believed as I personally can feel the difference. There is indeed a sluggish behavior of the vehicle & I can attribute it to something related to servicing / functioning.

As always, a solution would be greatly welcomed!

Thanks in advance & Cheers
Old 10th August 2015, 14:10   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Arnab,

However, I noticed a weird situation after the first Paid Service yesterday (After my Ertiga clocked around 19300 Kms).
Dear Cdr Rajeev

Good to know that you are happy with your investment.

CNGs tend to accumulate carbon over time.
Most of Maruti vehicles have two CNG filters- Hi Pass Filter and Low Pass Filter.
The Price of the same for a Wagon R is Rs. 1900/- and Rs. 1200/- respectively.

You will need to replace the same in 20K service. Pls. check with the ASC if this has been done. Many would not know this.

Also, if you are not keen to replace, get it cleaned thoroughly(with pressure air).

Also, do check your throttle body.
Sometimes, a choked throttle body can lead to acceleration issues.
You can get it done at the ASC( Rs. 750/- for Wagon R) or outside(Rs. 400/- for Wagon R).

Since your ride is an Ertiga, the prices may be a 10% more.

Do let me know if this helped.

Best wishes always.
Arnab Chakrabarti

Last edited by arnabchak : 10th August 2015 at 14:11.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 16:54   #58
BHPian

Hyundai launches CNG Grand i10 and Xcent

Hyundai has silently launched CNG versions of Grand i10 and Xcent. Both vehicles come equipped with the DEDST (Dual ECU Dynamic Sequential Technology) CNG Kit.
The conversion to bi-fuel CNG is to be carried out by a Hyundai Authorised Dealership or Workshop and provided this fully complied with Hyundai will honour the standard unlimited kilometre warranty of 2 years.
The claimed ARAI mileage for the Grand i10 CNG is 24 km/kg.

Source:
http://www.ngvglobal.com/blog/hyunda...-in-india-1106
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/hyundai-gr...in-cng-1240431
subhro1988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 23:02   #59
Senior - BHPian

BUMP!

Any idea how many of these CNG ertiga's is MSIL pushing out of the showrooms? A friend of mine is looking for one and wanted to see if there were any real-world reviews of the CNG kit implementation in the factory fitted CNG ertiga.
Old 20th August 2018, 16:10   #60
Senior - BHPian

The thread has been silent for a long time. What was originally launched in LXi and VXi variants, has now only been reduced to VXi variants (the CNG avatar I mean).

Maruti launches CNG Ertiga-ertiga-cng-boot.jpg
Ertiga CNG Boot Space Pic for reference

The VXi CNG variant has the following features as per the Brochure:-
Dual Airbags,
ABS,
Seat Belt Pretensioners and Force Limiters,
Security Alarm,
Driver Side Seat Belt Reminder with Buzzer,
Day/Night Inside Mirror,
Front Fog Lamps (without the Chrome Fog Lamp Bezel),
Chrome Grill,
Full Wheel Caps on 15" Steel Wheels,
ORVM Turn Signal Lamps,
Electrically Foldable and Adjustable ORVMs,
Chrome Back Door Garnish,
Body Colored Outside Door Handles and Mirrors,
2nd Row Seats with 60:40 Split and Slide,
Bench Type 3rd Row Seat (no 50:50 Split),
No Luggage Box in the Boot,
Chrome Inside Door Handles,
Chrome Tipped Parking Brake,
Steering Wheel Silver Garnish,
Tachometer,
MID with Digital Clock, IFE, AFE, DTE, Headlam-On and Key-In Reminder, Door Ajar Reminder, Low Fuel Warning Lamp (but NO Outside Temperature Display),
Central Locking,
Keyless Entry,
Power Windows (Front and Rear),
2nd Row Accessory Socket,
Manual AC with 2nd Row AC vents on roof,
Rear Parking Sensors (NO Rear Parking Camera option),
Height Adjustable Front Seat Belts (but NO Driver Seat Height Adjuster),
Armrest (2nd Row),
Seat Back Pocket (Co-Driver Side only),
2 DIN MP3 Audio player with Bluetooth Connectivity, 4 Speakers and Steering Mounted Audio and Calling Controls.

All this priced at Rs.8,37,480/- (ex-showroom Dehradun). And Claimed Mileage of 24.59Km/Kg. Power 60KW and Torque 112NM in CNG mode, while manual mode provides 68KW Power and 130NM Torque.

Let's see if MSIL gives such an option with the next gen Ertiga as well or not. With the longer dimensions and slightly bigger boot, I am sure a bigger tank can be installed for a longer range, in comparison to the current smaller and longer tank.

Brochure Attached below:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Maruti Suzuki Ertiga MY2017 e-Brochure.pdf (6.15 MB, 913 views)
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks