Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2013, 21:20   #31
BHPian

re: Mahindra Scorpio SLE 4X4 launched? EDIT : Nope

Looks like they are facing heat from Renault Duster. As per March, a total of 4,658 Scorpios were sold as opposed to 6,313 Dusters. Perhaps by offering a 4X4 at a reduced price (i.e. in the lowed end variants), they could pull some folks who were eying the Duster. Is this the beginning of the end for the Scorpio? I dare not comment!

Cheers!
Rohan
Old 10th April 2013, 10:28   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Looks like they are facing heat from Renault Duster. As per March, a total of 4,658 Scorpios were sold as opposed to 6,313 Dusters. Perhaps by offering a 4X4 at a reduced price (i.e. in the lowed end variants), they could pull some folks who were eying the Duster. Is this the beginning of the end for the Scorpio? I dare not comment!

Cheers!
Rohan
Hi Rohan
Maybe you are right. People's view is shifting from scorpio to duster for various reasons. But could you please clarify as to how 4x4 offering in a lower variant scorpio would change the sales figures when duster does not even offer one in its top end variant?
Cheers
W_C
Old 10th April 2013, 11:06   #33
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Adding 4X4 on the Scorpio will not really make it take on the Duster better. A customer who takes one ride in each of them will know which one he wants right away. There are too different as vehicles.

Yes the 4X4 range from M&M is wider than that from TATA, even if they have removed this varient from the site and even if it is a rumour.

The Storme should have had an LX varient with 4X4 as an option to justify the campaign that they have been running about being the True SUV.

The issue with ESOF from the Indian Manfuacturer is more to do with the quality of the product that they have sourced rather than the technology. Most higher end SUV's too are going in for ESOF rather than the Manual kind. If quality of a Manual shifter is poor am sure we would find issues with it too. (Though one does have to acknowledge that mechanical things tend to be more reliable than electronic ones in general. But we have more and more stuff controled by electronics in newer cars. It also help with packaging the vehicle as in where one puts the knob (just about any place convenient). The current Endy too has ESOF and have not heard of reports of it failing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks