Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2013, 02:28   #31
BHPian

Re: VW launches limited-edition Vento 'Style'!

While I realise that the Dzire is not in the same segment, when I see Dzire's offering in their limited Edition, it actually shows a pretty decent effort and what a limited edition should look like. The ex-showroom price in AP for Swift Dzire Vxi is 557696.62 and for Swift Dzire Vxi Regal (called Vxi Limited Edition on the website) is 563604.17. Therefore for Rs. 5907.55 extra, Maruti is offering some great value-adds such as rear parking sensors, integrated music system, body-coloured mud flaps, fog lamps to name a few. What I also noticed was that the rear-parking sensors are body-coloured. It is something small but adds a nice touch and shows effort from Maruti.

When I then see Vento Style, for Rs. 22,064 extra (comparing the Comfortline Petrol models), they offer nothing worthwhile per se. I understand they want fresh ads and want to show change, but this is just a waste of marketing efforts. Had they offered something like an upgraded HU with an in-built navigation system (not sure if it is actually possible, just saying) that may have generated more buzz.

Vento is a great car but it needs to do more than launch just frivolous limited editions to climb to the top.

I am hoping that 5-6 years down the line, when I look at the C2 segment, apart from Hyundai, all the other manufacturers will provide amenities such as six airbags and in-built navigation systems on their top-end C2 variants.
IndianGuardian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks