Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2013, 09:35   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Effect of Team-BHP on the Auto Industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
I was at a private event a week ago. First met with a Castrol VP of marketing, and casually inquired if he was aware of TBHP. Immediate response "Of Course! They're very important" and so on. Went on to say they monitor TBHP a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
I can't say the same for some of our national oil companies.
Absolutely! Once one very senior marketing and communication guy from Indian Oil said "yes, I keep hearing about TBHP. But don't know if there's anything interesting for us". This was during a meeting on two-wheeler engine oil.

I'm not surprised to see that Castrol is leader in this this category.
Old 12th May 2013, 18:56   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm sure some folks at various car manufactures would now and then watch Team-BHP.

However, I think it is way to small of a forum to have any major impact. I believe there are several thousands members and probably several hundred active members? To make an impact on any (global) company that is small peanuts. No matter how knowledgable the distinguished members are.

Most (global) companies would continuously scan the internet and the various forums. They would be especially wary of any places where topics might go viral in a matter of days, sometimes hours. E.g. youtube or Facebook. Nothing goes viral on our forum, it's just to small.

I wonder if we ever got membership requests from the manufactures? If they take us seriously they would have applied, because they would like to reach out to us as a community or to individual members.

I know all the big companies, not just car manufacturers, are out there on many big public forums. In my home country the Netherlands it was actually Vodafone who was one of the first companies that started actively engaging on the Internet. They would contact you individually, show up in chat rooms etc.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 23:20   #48
BHPian

It's an absolute delight to see this forum making a difference. This is the best place for car makers in getting the "high value" enhancements for their products to enhance their market value.
Does this also mean that a T-BHP sticker fitted car would get more attention during the periodic servicing? Did anyone experience anything of that sort on this?
Old 13th May 2013, 08:08   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post

I wonder if we ever got membership requests from the manufactures? If they take us seriously they would have applied, because they would like to reach out to us as a community or to individual members.
Been there, done that

Some applied but we found was that they posted standard replies like "Thanks you for your post, we will respond in XX day's" or "We will look into it". There was no transparent answers or closures to an issue.

However, they do watch our posts and in some cases, they have asked us to put them in contact with an aggreived party or they have tracked the aggreived person and facilitated in resolving the issue.

This varies from manufacturer to manufacturer though
Old 13th May 2013, 10:02   #50
BANNED

I think many keep a tab, but silently. However, bad publicity on auto forums does scare them a bit. However, t the dealer level, it is shocking to see how many executives have no idea about TBHP or for that matter any other forum.

Last edited by sgiitk : 13th May 2013 at 10:03.
Old 13th May 2013, 12:16   #51
BHPian

I am glad to be part of this excellent community. Small things lead to big changes and the numerous posts related to this thread only goes to prove the fact that TBHP in its own "small" way is contributing to the overall good of the society.
Old 13th May 2013, 13:07   #52
BHPian

Well I am form the automobile industry and I can tell you that the forum is highly respected and referred. I have been hooked on to TBHP from last 2-3 years now. Also most of my colleagues are also aware about the forum.
Old 13th May 2013, 17:36   #53
BHPian

I absolutely love what auto forums do to the automobile market since it makes its reader base much more technically savy and also makes them diligent buyers. This in turn makes the manufacturers release better vehicles which in turn propogates as the market generally does. Word of mouth is a very strong factor in itself. Some dealerships do keep an eye at team-bhp (ex: MPL). I certainly am proud on being a member here since there is just so much knowledge! Last but not the least, not many auto forums give in-depth reviews with such constructive criticism like Team-BHP does. Its up to the manufacturer in the end though and its good to see TATA pulling up its socks now. Team-bhp effect? Could be!
Old 14th May 2013, 10:09   #54
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to be a dampener here. We have got to get our perspective clear here, let us not make a god out of Team-BHP.

The motive of TBHP is to ensure there is an environment for all Auto-lovers to discuss on cars. Just stick to that objective of TBHP. Let us please not label TBHP as a Game-changers etc. It doesnt look nice. Its like the difference between Arvind Kejrival making a protest and winning a case Vs Him starting a party (really sorry for bringing politics in)

Do Automakers listen to feedback on Team-BHP, Hell yes. They will look for all avenues for obtaining feedback (not just Team-BHP). But do I think they will make major amends looking into the info posted in TBHP, I dont think so. Any automaker would take knowledge that the actual Petrol head in TBHP are hardly 5% of their target population (unless the vehicle is a niche like Thar). They know it.

For e.g. Rajeev Masand might make a bad review of the movie, will the director take that as feedback YES. But do you think he will change the way he makes a "Mass" movie based on Rajeev Masand's review, Surely "No".

Bottomline: TLDR:
TBHP is a forum for petrol heads to share their likes and info about cars. Just stick to that. Dont make a God out of TBHP... PLEASE..

Last edited by xingamazon : 14th May 2013 at 10:11.
xingamazon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 12:21   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
in some cases, they have asked us to put them in contact with an aggreived party or they have tracked the aggreived person and facilitated in resolving the issue.

This varies from manufacturer to manufacturer though
Why don't you post some data and examples as to who is more customer oriented?
It would be jolly helpful for those who want to buy a new car.
I'm in the market for a car, and I've completely cut off Skoda. Not only because of horror stories. But even after pretty pathetic test drive experiences.

I'm sure that vocal complaints which are made on this forum by owners being taken up seriously by the manufacturer will have an impact on purchase decisions.
Old 14th May 2013, 20:34   #56
BHPian

It is really nice to know that car makers use Team-BHP for reference and opinions on their products.
Show a lot how Team-BHP is a honest, trustworthy community of people.
Old 16th May 2013, 00:11   #57
Senior - BHPian

Some of you may not believe it, but the true feedback that manufacturers are taking from is the travelogue section. That's where a person voices his true opinion, problems, solutions etc about the car. The test drive section etc are given only 20% weight age. Rest is the travelogue section where people tell the facts about the issue.

The info above was shared by a friend who owns 3 car showrooms in Bangalore.
Old 16th May 2013, 11:00   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
For e.g. In showrooms, service stations and other service centers. You get better attention when they see the T-BHP sticker on the car. I have also found out on one occasion that the service advisor doesn't usually bluff around when he knows you are a T-BHP member.
That is so true. Their whole attitude is different when they know you are a bhpian. In fact when I had to replace my rear bumper, the service advisor was sharing my grief that the LTD sticker couldn't be salvaged!
Old 16th May 2013, 18:48   #59
BHPian

Tata motors also follow Team BHP religiously from what I've heard from a high ranking official (although there don't seem to be any changes based on the opinions here :P). Honda for one takes it pretty seriously because one of my friends was recently given a nice lecture from a senior for openly disregarding a TBHP topic. Proud to be a BHPian!
Old 16th May 2013, 22:26   #60
BHPian

I may be wrong but I think opinions here (however good) do not reflect the overall sentiment of the majority of the public and nor do they reflect in any way on the sales. The prime examples are Dzire/Swift and Punto.
None of my friends or family members or people I know have ever brought a car based on opinions from Team-Bhp or any other forum for that matter. The forum, as another user rightly pointed is too small a mass to make any difference to the mighty car makers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks