Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2013, 10:47   #61
BHPian

Re: Effect of Team-BHP on the Auto Industry

I do agree about what you have said Jesrani. But in the advent of this internet age, manufacturers are becoming increasingly aware of things that are going about with customers who are using internet. Their presence in FB,Twitter and snooping into auto websites like tbhp and a few others does tell us one thing: Manufacturers are seeking data on how some of their customers feel about their products and services. I agree that we do not represent a majority of the Indian motoring community but what they do see here regarding their products makes atleast a little bit of a difference to the rest of the community. One more thing, as xingamazon already stated, i don't think anyone here gave tbhp a god like status. I, as a part of the community, just felt good that i am in the midst of knowledgable petrolheads and that we are under a common banner. But saying automobile forums don't make a difference is something i wouldn't agree on. I have seen it myself from my buying experience to service in general. Just saying.

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 17th May 2013 at 10:53. Reason: added stuff
Old 17th May 2013, 11:23   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
None of my friends or family members or people I know have ever brought a car based on opinions from Team-Bhp or any other forum for that matter.
&
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
...in the advent of this internet age, manufacturers are becoming increasingly aware of things that are going about with customers who are using internet.
Do check this thread out : It has some interesting data. LINK

Here's a short excerpt:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Findings
  • 50% of buyers research online before going into the dealership
  • 96% of the onliners use a search engine (the other 4% come directly to Team-BHP ?? )
  • 54% of the onliners change their brand consideration set after doing online research!
  • 72% trust the OEM websites for the most accurate information
cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th May 2013 at 11:27.
Rehaan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th May 2013, 12:15   #63
BHPian

Please don't discount the power of the Internet in India.

I was shocked when I put an ad on the internet to sell two 5-year old Carrier A/cs: Rs. 20k cash in hand in 5 hours of putting the ad! The buyer was a dealer in second-hand a/cs; hardly the type I would have thought was net-savvy. Calls poured in faster than I could handle, and I was stunned at the level of net awareness and penetration. I wouldn't have guessed it to be so in my wildest dreams.
TheTeacher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 18:03   #64
BHPian

Quote:
The forum, as another user rightly pointed is too small a mass to make any difference to the mighty car makers.
I have to disagree with you on this point. The fact is that most of the official reviews these days are ones where T-BHP members are specifically invited for reviewing their new vehicles (*see the report on EcoSport & others). So although we started out small, we are definitely gaining visibility among auto manufacturers. It might be small among the masses who purchase vehicles, but we are definitely in the radar of many manufacturers, sales and service personnel.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 19:52   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I have to disagree with you on this point. The fact is that most of the official reviews these days are ones where T-BHP members are specifically invited for reviewing their new vehicles (*see the report on EcoSport & others). So although we started out small, we are definitely gaining visibility among auto manufacturers. It might be small among the masses who purchase vehicles, but we are definitely in the radar of many manufacturers, sales and service personnel.
Yes, T-BHP is given respect by manufacturers and also invited for reviewing the new launches. But this is all after product is launched. I don't think opinions are invited at designing stage or even for facelifts.
Old 29th May 2013, 20:40   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, T-BHP is given respect by manufacturers and also invited for reviewing the new launches. But this is all after product is launched. I don't think opinions are invited at designing stage or even for facelifts.
Not true. Examples below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...el-driven.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...pe-driven.html

And there are more to come.
Rudra Sen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 21:00   #67
BHPian

Quote:
None of my friends or family members or people I know have ever brought a car based on opinions from Team-Bhp or any other forum for that matter.
I would beg to differ, having given up on Skoda though they manufacture some amazing cars, primarily based on the posts seen on this site. Who better to guide you than an existing owner or someone who is passionate about the topic?
Old 29th May 2013, 21:03   #68
BHPian

If I recall correctly, Hyundai watches out for reviews on our forums. The car which was sent for review had some issues like plastic quality and panel gaps being inconsistent. Our review pointed it out and the production spec car had them fixed! How cool is that? I think we still do not have a say in designing (as you say), but then I believe that no manufacturer does this today, i.e. asking the public what kind of car they like and what features are needed. That is primarily driven by market needs and the company's strategy in market or segment. Once the prototype is made, it might be that some closely associated groups get a say in further refinement, but I really don't know for sure.
Old 29th May 2013, 21:23   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg
but then I believe that no manufacturer does this today, i.e. asking the public what kind of car they like and what features are needed.
It is done implicitly by understanding the buyer behavior. For example, monitoring the competition and the performances of their products. Also, what features are appreciated by the media and the buyers. Smart manufacturers get it right quite easily. Some really dumb manufacturers just take products out of their international portfolio and sell them here with minimal/no market adaptation whatsoever.
Old 30th May 2013, 14:59   #70
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just FYI : We've frequently been invited to provide unbiased feedback for yet-to-be-launched cars...sometimes a year or two before the actual product launch. We willingly provide authentic inputs on what we think, primarily because it would result in a better product for the end customer. Most of these interactions have heads of product development in the audience. For obvious reasons, the manufacturer names & cars discussed remain confidential.

Nevertheless, Team-BHP's primary focus is helping out car owners & enthusiasts with honest information on the Indian auto scene.
GTO is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 31st May 2013, 18:24   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwaka View Post
I would beg to differ, having given up on Skoda though they manufacture some amazing cars, primarily based on the posts seen on this site. Who better to guide you than an existing owner or someone who is passionate about the topic?
Well, that goes for me too. I would definitely not buy a car without taking opinions from this forum. What I meant was that I have not come across anyone in my family or friend circle who has bought a car by taking opinions from any forum like T-BHP. So the percentage of "car buyers" who actually take help from forums would be very small.
Old 31st May 2013, 18:49   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Just FYI : We've frequently been invited to provide unbiased feedback for yet-to-be-launched cars...sometimes a year or two before the actual product launch. We willingly provide authentic inputs on what we think, primarily because it would result in a better product for the end customer. Most of these interactions have heads of product development in the audience. For obvious reasons, the manufacturer names & cars discussed remain confidential.

Nevertheless, Team-BHP's primary focus is helping out car owners & enthusiasts with honest information on the Indian auto scene.
What a news GTO ! 'Feather in the Cap' for this achievement !!
I have two of my friends in automotive industry working in R&D, and believe me from the stories I hear on the evolvement of an car i.e. from.. Idea > Design > Concept > Manufacturing > Testing > Product, this is truly an honour for TBhp.. as the complete cycle takes 4-5 years on average as I understand from them..

Looking at the Insight, and Foresignt of the automotive industry TBhp has, I believe TBhp is fairly prepared to launch a 'TeamBhp Magazine' (not sure if we already have one..sorry)
spyder918 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2013, 11:24   #73
BHPian

Quote:

Sorry to be the Devil's advocate here but I am seriously against anybody using Team bhp brand without the forum knowing it. This is a open community and not a personal brand.

If the manufacturers approaches any member of forum , it should be for his personal knowledge of automobiles and not because of affiliation to the community. If any manufacturer approaches a member because of affiliation to team-bhp then all the feedbacks and suggestions should be made public.

For example if somebody officially reviews a car it's review is posted online for everybody to see and comment.

I understand feedback mechanism is for the good of customer but then team-bhp as a brand is a community propriety and not individual.
vikrantj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2013, 11:45   #74
BHPian

Quote:

Encouraging bit of info. I feel that there is a small but significant segment for lifestyle vehicles. My particular requirement is for a compact SUV with 4x4, AT box & all safety aids. Do not mind it being a petrol.

Do convey this to manufacturers, if they solicit any feedback at these sessions.
Old 2nd June 2013, 11:49   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Sorry to be the Devil's advocate here but I am seriously against anybody using Team bhp brand without the forum knowing it. This is a open community and not a personal brand.

If the manufacturers approaches any member of forum , it should be for his personal knowledge of automobiles and not because of affiliation to the community. If any manufacturer approaches a member because of affiliation to team-bhp then all the feedbacks and suggestions should be made public.

For example if somebody officially reviews a car it's review is posted online for everybody to see and comment.

I understand feedback mechanism is for the good of customer but then team-bhp as a brand is a community propriety and not individual.
Though I respect your thoughts here, I don't see the overall goal being compromised even if the manufacturer is approaching team-bhp. Yes, team-bhp is a brand, but it is not commercial either and the inputs provided are less in the interest of the manufacturer but more of the end-user. I appreciate such feedback because the overall goal is that even the users who may probably never use team-bhp at all and still benefit because of its input to the manufacturer.
The most important point being that I don't feel any individual is benefiting in any sense by providing the inputs to the manufacturer.
PNTLovesNano is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks