Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2013, 20:36   #1
BHPian

Honda launches VX Trim for the Brio

Honda has launched a new top-end trim for it's brio hatchback after listening to customer feedback for driver's seat height adjust and rear demister. Basically, this trim adds these two features for a price increase of Rs. 28,000 over the top-end V M/T. The engine options remain the same.

Quote:
Jnaneswar Sen, senior vice president, marketing and sales, Honda India, said, “The Brio is a significant model for Honda in India as the car added more than 32,000 happy customers in the last fiscal year. It is our constant endeavour to study customers’ needs & aspirations and introduce features that enhance the overall ownership experience. We are pleased to announce upgrades to the Brio with added comfort and convenience in its segment which will appeal to the customers.”
Honda launches VX Trim for the Brio-image.jpg

The new prices are:-
E M/T Rs. 412,000
EX M/T Rs. 428,000
S M/T Rs. 460,500
V M/T Rs. 506,000
VX M/T Rs. 534,500
VX A/T Rs. 612,500

Link to TBHP's Honda Brio review:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/107427-honda-brio-test-drive-review.html

But the addition of these two features couldn't elevate Brio's sales as much. Honda should launch the Diesel Brio to heap some sigh of relief for it's hatchback sales which have plunged down consistently (although they're still fine by petrol car standards).
S@ndy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 21:52   #2
BHPian

Re: Honda launches VX Trim for the Brio

Has Honda changed anything in the features of the lower variants?In another thread I read the height adjust is available on S variant as well whereas some other sites are saying it is available in all variants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S@ndy View Post
Honda has launched a new top-end trim for it's brio hatchback after listening to customer feedback for driver's seat height adjust and rear demister. Basically, this trim adds these two features for a price increase of Rs. 28,000 over the top-end V M/T. The engine options remain the same.
Also,28k for just these 2 features does not seem justified.

The new prices are:-
E M/T Rs. 412,000
EX M/T Rs. 428,000
S M/T Rs. 460,500
V M/T Rs. 506,000
VX M/T Rs. 534,500
VX A/T Rs. 612,500
Have they discontinued the S(O) variant.
Looking at the prices,it seems that the V variant is the new S(O) and VX is the same as the old V plus these 2 new features.
Can somebody shed some light on these points
Old 7th May 2013, 22:19   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Has Honda changed anything in the features of the lower variants?In another thread I read the height adjust is available on S variant as well whereas some other sites are saying it is available in all variants.
Have they discontinued the S(O) variant.
Looking at the prices,it seems that the V variant is the new S(O) and VX is the same as the old V plus these 2 new features.
Can somebody shed some light on these points
From the info. I have gathered, nothing has been changed for the base models with only the VX model getting these upgraded features. And yes, S(O) has been discontinued, with the earlier V taking it's position and the new VX becoming the top-of-the-line variant. Even the AT version is only available in VX trim and hence, discontinuing the earlier V AT.

Hope this clears the doubts!
Old 7th May 2013, 22:53   #4
BHPian

So if these new 'features' make owning an AT even more expensive (by Rs28000) then this is bad news for a lot of people looking to give their left leg a break.
Old 7th May 2013, 23:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Most importantly - ABS/Airbags now only available in the VX trim. IIRC the S(O) had it earlier.

Last edited by blackasta : 7th May 2013 at 23:03.
Old 7th May 2013, 23:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

as far as I know, S AT is also discontinued.
Old 8th May 2013, 00:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Most importantly - ABS/Airbags now only available in the VX trim. IIRC the S(O) had it earlier.
That is correct. I own an S (o) and it comes with the ABS and airbags for driver and co-passenger. This trim is now discontinued.
Old 8th May 2013, 00:57   #8
BHPian

Wow ! so now the Brio VX AT priced so close to Amaze S AT, the decision will be to boot or not to boot for a lot of folks!! and to make it even more interesting Amaze VX AT is quite close to City S AT . Tough choice indeed.
Old 8th May 2013, 09:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

What this sorely lacks is a rear wiper, given the muck the rear tyres kickup in the rains. But then thats a sore point of having a glass hatch. Probably they can try hanging a wiper from the top.
Old 8th May 2013, 09:39   #10
BHPian

Earlier the V-MT used to have ABS and Airbags, besides the S(O) MT. It seems that's no longer the case. Now only the VX variants have it.
Old 8th May 2013, 11:32   #11
BHPian

We just booked an S (MT) on Sunday and looking at the new specs and confirmed by the dealer as well, the new S (MT) model has an additional feature - driver seat height adjustment. We got some good discounts on the older model, but none on the new one except free insurance. We might stick with the old one mostly as the driving position is comfortable for my wife and she doesn't feel the necessity for a driver seat height adjuster.
Old 8th May 2013, 13:11   #12
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually a bad move. The nomenclature is fine and better but other than that this just makes AT much more expensive to own and also makes ABS/Airbags something that will be missed in lower variants.

It may be an action driven by poor demand for AT but now the difference between an i10 Sportz AT vs. Brio VX AT makes i10 again come back as an option purely on pricing though the AT is not as good in the i10.

Bad move Honda. Not that well thought out. They should have blanked out the competition at this point of time. Or maybe with the Amaze they just don't want to entertain too much demand for AT or niche variants.
Old 8th May 2013, 15:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
What this sorely lacks is a rear wiper, given the muck the rear tyres kickup in the rains. But then thats a sore point of having a glass hatch. Probably they can try hanging a wiper from the top.
Precisely. Cant agree more with you. The rear windshield wiper is more important than a demister. Am surprised why nobody at Honda thought about doing something to this.
Old 8th May 2013, 16:31   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I think it may be a deliberate exclusion as some cars like the Indica have the rear wiper in place with a hole in the rear windshield itself. If Honda wanted, they could have given this treatment as well. Or am I missing something here?
Old 8th May 2013, 17:12   #15
BHPian

I have S(O) MT model delivered to me in December of last year. Now my query is can i have the driver seat height adjustment and the rear deffoger installed at the delaer?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks