Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2013, 18:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Should Mahindra launch a 2WD Thar CRDe?

Wow atleast with the 4*4 people can begin their foray into Offroading, what purpose will the 4*2 serve? Am lost understanding on what market it will be targetted?

Suppose only the urban folks might look at it? But then the USP of Thar being a lifestyle car will be lost completely then.
Old 18th November 2013, 20:57   #32
BHPian

Re: Should Mahindra launch a 2WD Thar CRDe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Suppose only the urban folks might look at it? But then the USP of Thar being a lifestyle car will be lost completely then.
Believe me there are a lot of existing Thar owners who would have happily gone for the 2wd Thar.Eg. my close friend he bought the Thar in august and till today the guy has used the 4wd system just once that too in an open space parking lot on my insistence(it had a lot of ruts & crater sized holes).

Now this guy has spent literally more than a lakh rupees on modifications like off-road bumpers,alloys,xenons & now he wants to add marine sound system .But when I ask him when will we go off-roading ?His standard reply is "Haa dekthe hai ek din."(yea will go someday)

The reasons for this are many such as :
1.Lack of knowledge of 4X4.He likes the Thar because he doesnt have to worry about getting it dashed or scratched inside the city.
2.Lack of off-road destinations.The closest one being 100km away.
and a lot more reasons.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 21:03   #33
BHPian

If sales is what Mahindra wants to fix, Make THAR a lifestyle vehicle. Not just THAR, even other flop vehicles like TATA xenon or Storme can be made as lifestyle vehicles.
Take a leaf out of Royal Enfield. The bikes from RE aren't the best in quality, but it has built and making sales on aspirations.
I've booked a RE, With 6 months wait period. I know that the RE will not give me a niggle free product, and I'm OK to live with it.
Mahindra and TATA should do the same.
THAR AND XENON can be a great lifestyle products if marketed and positioned that way.
harishpr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks