Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2013, 10:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Nissan Sunny Facelift coming up

Mod Note: The 2014 Nissan Sunny Facelift Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion on the newer thread. Thanks!

http://overdrive.in/news/new-nissan-...t-coming-soon/

Quote:
The new Sunny, which will be launched with a limited edition model, will get new headlamps, a new grille, a new front bumper and more chrome accents similar to what we have already witnessed on the 2013 Micra. Inside, expect the car to get an additional glovebox in the top of the line model and upgraded plastic. The trim levels will be tweaked slightly as well. Apart from the existing trims, Nissan will also add the XV Premium trim which will sport a reversing camera and four airbags instead of two available on the current car’s top trim, the XV.
Quote:
We expect the facelift, which should help the Sunny project a younger, more youthful image bedsides packing in noteworthy equipment even on the cheaper versions, and of course a more aggressive price tag, will find more buyers.

Am i the only one who thinks its UGLY if its really the way its shown below?
Pic courtesy Overdrive.in
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Nissan Sunny Facelift coming up-micra.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 18th June 2014 at 14:31. Reason: Adding link to report thread :)
Nilesh5417 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 11:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Rumour: Nissan Sunny Facelift coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Am i the only one who thinks its UGLY if its really the way its shown below?
The new Micra is here, so the Sunny with Micra's face can't be far behind anyway. That face looks good on the Micra, but I agree with you that it looks really ugly on the Sunny. I hope this is just an artist's impression, merging the new Micra's face with Sunny's body, and the real car would look different.
Old 5th July 2013, 11:56   #3
BHPian

I dont see Nissan putting the same face on the Sunny. Lets not forget its been sold in major markets like the US as well (Called Versa there). I am sure the new Sunny face will be more radical and could be like the Versa Note.
Old 5th July 2013, 12:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

Utterly UGLY !!! Looks like a Dolphin or some funny animal.
I hope its only a render and Overdrive is buying the rendering story and its' not actually rolled out in production !!!

One smiley for this look of the Sunny -
Old 5th July 2013, 12:00   #5
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The facelift news is welcome and on expected lines. Since the new Micra has just got more safety and convenience features with the facelift, Nissan cannot ignore the Sunny which is positioned higher. The refreshed Sunny should come out sooner rather than later.

The image is just a shoddy, amateur photoshop job. If one looks carefully, they have just chopped off the Sunny's front section upto the A-pillar and instead added the facelifted Micra's front section in its place. The image even sports different alloy designs on the front and rear wheels I'm sure Nissan aren't crazy to do such a shoddy job with the new Sunny, considering that they have just done a fine job with the Micra facelift.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 12:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Utterly UGLY !!! Looks like a Dolphin or some funny animal.
I hope its only a render and Overdrive is buying the rendering story and its' not actually rolled out in production !!!

One smiley for this look of the Sunny -
The current Sunny is not a looker either. The car is there to serve a purpose which is to provide cheap and reliable transportation with bags of space. The USP is space and efficiency rather than looks or performance.
extreme_torque is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 12:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

Dolphin with a Back-Ache it is!!!

I hope they play the price card with the sunny as well like the Micra.
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 12:14   #8
e2p
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 5th July 2013 at 12:50.
e2p is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th July 2013, 12:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
The current Sunny is not a looker either. The car is there to serve a purpose which is to provide cheap and reliable transportation with bags of space. The USP is space and efficiency rather than looks or performance.
Absolutely true. If I know correctly, Sunny is selling decent numbers too.
What was the need for Nissan to introduce this change then ?
As such the Nissan brand is doing average (probably below average) with its Micra and Sunny (I dont know if anyone is buying X-Trail or not). Instead of putting in more efforts to actually make a better looking car (if at all that was the motive), or probably put in more power, why did it simply copy the New Micra's face and paste it on the Sunny ?

I fail to understand some of these crazy moves by automobile companies. First Swift (with stickers and colours), followed by Innova (bling bling chrome), and now Sunny (copy paste from New Micra) !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
The image is just a shoddy, amateur photoshop job. If one looks carefully, they have just chopped off the Sunny's front section upto the A-pillar and instead added the facelifted Micra's front section in its place.
Ohh, just now closely inspected the image and yes yes, it's a photoshop job !! The colours don't match either (the front till A-Pillar and the rest of the car).
Whoa, Overdrive buying such rubbish photoshop images !!!

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 5th July 2013 at 12:19.
Old 5th July 2013, 12:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

Now that new Micra is here, i think sunny will 100% look like the picture above. I never liked the current sunny design and this is not going to help me either. But good to see nissan very actively doing something.

Also looking at Micra active at pretty aggressive pricing, Can we also expect old sunny to be sold alongside ? If Nissan keeps the diesel engine and strips everything else, Cabbies are going to love this isnt it ? A better Caaar for airport drops
Old 5th July 2013, 12:19   #11
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 5th July 2013 at 12:51.
PetrolRider is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th July 2013, 13:09   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Nissan Sunny Facelift coming up

IMO this looks better than the current Sunny.

The Scala anyway had the advantage over the Sunny in the looks department, this facelift will definitely appeal to the larger audience.

Also i was wondering the chrome element if absent on the front grille will make it look much smarter, check out an edited version;

Rumour: Nissan Sunny Facelift coming up-micra.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 5th July 2013 at 13:18.
Old 5th July 2013, 13:13   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Also looking at Micra active at pretty aggressive pricing, Can we also expect old sunny to be sold alongside ? If Nissan keeps the diesel engine and strips everything else, Cabbies are going to love this isnt it ? A better Caaar for airport drops
+1,I think they should do something like the Sunny Active and take on the likes of Amaze,Dzire while undercutting the Etios' price and launch the Sunny as a more upmarket car to compete with the upper C-segment cars.
Currently,it is neither here nor there and finds favor only with the cabbies.
Old 5th July 2013, 13:45   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
+1,I think they should do something like the Sunny Active and take on the likes of Amaze,Dzire while undercutting the Etios' price and launch the Sunny as a more upmarket car to compete with the upper C-segment cars.
Currently,it is neither here nor there and finds favor only with the cabbies.
Pricing is the key. If they mess with it, it will eat into the sales of Sunny itself. Also with Micra active they only have petrol to keep the safe gap. In C segment, they surely need diesel power
Old 5th July 2013, 15:28   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

I held back my decision to get the Sunny ATs for as our company cars after I read about the Micra facelift that was just launched. The Sunny facelift won't be far behind, I just hope they keep the price of the AT the same at 8.5L ex-showroom and include additional features on it. I prefer the new headlamps and grill to the existing. The overdrive photoshop isn't good enough.
The EcoSport AT might pressure Nissan to keep prices in check for this variant.
Any approx date when the facelift will be launched?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks