Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2006, 13:01   #16
BHPian

The Fiat's did not make good impression on the public in past. Now post tieup with TATAs it wont make any difference. The new partner will anyway displease the customer with their attitude.

Its only time that FIATs realize that in here, it is like that only. So its better FIAT give up its shyness and claim its royal market share all by themselves in coming future..

I wish those italians good luck and courage !!
Old 2nd June 2006, 13:11   #17
BHPian

any snaps ?Please post
Old 2nd June 2006, 13:12   #18
BHPian

snaps

any snaps ?Please post it
Mod's please delete the earlier post - seems to be some problem
Old 2nd June 2006, 14:24   #19
BHPian

If the alliance works out, it will be good for the customers only..
Hope to see it on road toooo sooooon.

I bought palio a month back, so guess Panda is smaller than Palio..

Cheers,
Gudda
Old 2nd June 2006, 14:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

This is good news indeed.

I just hope that TATA does not end up manufacturing the car- and that too to its standards!

Things are looking good for us Fiat owners!
Old 2nd June 2006, 14:39   #21
DRC
BHPian

TVS 50 XL, Surf excel, now Tata excel....

Serious: But this seems to be good as long as manufactured by Fiat and only marketed by Tata.
Old 2nd June 2006, 15:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

Its about time that they rebrand Palio and Petra as Tata Palio and Petra too, this would inspire confidence in prespective buyers.
Old 2nd June 2006, 16:01   #23
BHPian

Smart move from Fiat, if this is true. It will sell more with a TATA logo on it [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/vinod.jos/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]!!!
Old 2nd June 2006, 20:20   #24
BHPian

I actually saw a Tempo Excel truck on the road today.I dont like the word "panda" all that much myself,and probably wont buy one.I'd rather wait for the Grande Punto.But its italian,has good build quality,has been the european car of the year 2004.So it does have a good reputation,on paper atleast.Practically it would make sense to name it as TATA Panda or something (but not Excel),but changing the badge on any car robs it of its entity.Just the way GM must be loosing track of all the various names given to a GM car in different countries.Which sounds better,Subaru Forester or Chevrolet Forester?The optra is a Korean car with an australian/korean engine, given an american badge in India and a Japanese badge (suzuki) in the U.S.Its one confused car without any entity.But it sells and I guess thats what matters.So "FIAT Panda with mutijet" would be compromised for "TATA Excel with DICOR".
Old 3rd June 2006, 22:56   #25
BHPian

On a lighter note shall we expect Microsoft to sue Fiat/Tata for using "Excel"?
Read: Honda sues TVS motors http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-motors-1.html

And yes if they don't sue, we shall look forward to Tata Access, Skoda Outlook.... etc etc
Old 4th June 2006, 07:03   #26
BHPian

for all we know, it might be exell. but i don't see how ms controls access and outlook which are well established english words.
Old 4th June 2006, 09:14   #27
BHPian

i dnt think it wud be much of a hit..looks kinda wagon R !!
cant beat maruti...
Old 4th June 2006, 10:33   #28
mxx
BHPian

guys, why is it that so many people here hate the TATA brand?
Ok, all the people in teambhp knows that FIAT makes good cars, and they have great brands like ferrari and alfa romeo. But thats not case with everone. The brand value of FIAT in India is not very high due to the marketing mistakes they made in the past. Whereas TATA has better brand value compared to fiat. And their marketing is great, which is evident by the high Indica sales figures.
Keeping these things in mind, I think if the news of FIAT with TATA badge is true, then it will be great for customers(great car), TATA(better brand value) and FIAT(better profit).
FIAT should enhance their brand by selling products on performance or premium (like grand punto) instead of selling value products which should be left to TATA.
And dont tell me you guys wont buy a good car just because it does not have an appealing name.
Old 5th June 2006, 12:15   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx
FIAT should enhance their brand by selling products on performance or premium (like grand punto) instead of selling value products which should be left to TATA.
Fiat to drive in Punto by 2008 ( times of India Bussiness times, 03 June 2006). Here is the article.

By Mansi Kapur/TNN

Mumbai: Italian car maker Fiat India is gearing up to bring its bestselling model, the Grande Punto, to India by 2008. The company is currently in discussions with vendors to evaluate the cost structures for manufacturing the 1.3 litre premium hatchback — a huge success in the European market — from its Ranjangaon plant.
De Filippis Giovanni, managing director, Fiat India, said, “We are planning to launch two models in the B and C segments in the near future. We are also talking to our vendors to estimate the costs structures for these products. Although we have not finalised the location for making these models, Ranjangaon is a strong possibility.’’ Company officials had earlier stated that products based on a new platform would be manufactured from the Ranjangaon unit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks