Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2013, 14:04   #1
BHPian

Force One launches newer variants

I came across this on the force one website which indicates that Force one has launched a few new variants this month.

http://forceone.co.in/price.php#right-bar-features

Despite their dismal performance, I am surprised they are still betting on this product with no visual changes to the product. I test drove this car several months back and found the engine fairly responsive and the suspension really good. However the rest of the car was a let down (several posts already indicating that).

There is a stripped down version with an engine that currently runs on the Gurkha. In addition they have introduced the 4x4 variant with ABS and EBD. It would be interesting to see if these additions have any bearing on the sales charts for F1. Prices looks like it has been rationalized but still seem a tad higher
Shiwik is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 16:28   #2
BHPian

Re: Force One launches newer variants

The new variants suddenly makes the Storme look so naked in comparison! And the price point is competitive as well. If only they had a better service network!
neel385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 20:18   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
The new variants suddenly makes the Storme look so naked in comparison! And the price point is competitive as well. If only they had a better service network!
I agree and I felt the same the moment I went through the specs of SX & LX !
Honestly, I thought why dont I go for FORCE ONE next instead of STORME and the main reason were captain seats in middle row and front facing third row seats. But, I dont see Captain seat option on the LX though.

Prem.
Old 24th July 2013, 20:59   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I only wish it had air bags also. These days even a Zen estillo comes with air bags.

http://forceone.co.in/specification.php#content

From the website it says "Reclining and Double Folding Frot Facing Seats"

What are Frot facing seats?

Last edited by 4x4addict : 24th July 2013 at 21:01.
Old 24th July 2013, 22:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Finally the variants have ABS and EBD in their fold. It was nothing less than a crime to offer such a bulk of a vehicle which would be heavily used for long runs come without these basic features.

The question remains how is this vehicle doing in sales numbers after all. We do not get the sales numbers since the volumes are below 500 and have not seen many on the road.

Have heard from reviews that the powertrain is quite sturdy and reliable but the electricals are the weak points prone to failures. Lets see how these new variants take off with the potential customers.
Old 25th July 2013, 00:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

The only other reason I wouldn't trust the vehicle is because of the dual mass flywheel. When a company the size of Tata couldn't implement it successfully in the Aria, then how's Force One going to make it work.

Glad they added ABS. A vehicle this size & braking power would definitely need ABS to maintain composure should the wheels lock under panic braking.

Pricing is on par with massive companies like Tata, Chevy which is another reason few will select Force One. Must taste this Merc licenced engine soon.
Old 25th July 2013, 08:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Force One EX, SX ABS and LX 4X4 round up

Link to News Section

Force Motors has updated its website with prices and specifications of new variants of the flagship Force One SUV. The Indian utility vehicle maker has added a base trim to the Force One SUV line up in the form of the EX variant while the higher SX and LX variants get ABS+EBD. Also, Force Motors has added the 4X4 function to the top end LX model.

Force One launches newer variants-force-one-suv-1.jpg

The EX variant is priced at 8.99 lakh rupees while the 7 seat SX variant with ABS is 11.99 lakh rupees, both prices reflecting ex-showroom Delhi figures. Pricing for the LX 4X4 variant is yet to be released. So, it might still be a while before the Force One 4X4 variant is available in the market.

Coming back to the base version of the SUV, one major change involves the replacement of the 2.2 liter common rail-turbo diesel engine (140 Bhp-320 Nm) with the less powerful 2.6 liter unit. The 2.6 liter turbo diesel motor outputs 80 Bhp of peak power and 230 Nm of peak torque.

This engine does duty in a range of Force Motors vehicles and is a tried and tested unit. The 2.6 liter turbo diesel engine also gets a different 5 speed gearbox (G1-18/5B) when compared with the 2.2 liter engined models, which get the G32/5 gearbox. Another change on the Force One EX variant is that the SUV's 2.6 liter engine omits the dual mass flywheel, a standard bit on the 2.2 liter motor.

Force One launches newer variants-force-one-suv-2.jpg

The 2.6 liter engine comes with direct injection, turbo charging and intercooling. The motor is BS-III emission norms compatible, which is an indication that Force Motors will pitch the EX variant mainly at cab operators. While these are the changes on the mechanicals front, Force Motors has omitted various features and creature comforts on the entry level model. Here's a round up.
  • All terrain tyres get replaced by highway tyres, while alloy wheels make way for steel units.
  • Leather seats make way for fabric units.
  • Day time running lamps are missing and so are rear fog lamps.
  • The electric wing mirrors lose integrated turn indicators.
  • Roof rails, hub caps, rear wash-wipe and defogger are omitted.
  • Factory fitted stereo with Bluetooth missing.
  • Steering mounted audio controls, cruise control, reverse parking sensors, embedded radio antenna, driver seat height adjust and remote key are the other deletions.

Some features such as air conditioning for all three rows, projector headlamps, puddle lamps and central locking are standard on the base EX variant. Notably, ABS+EBD can be specified as an option on the SX variant while it is standard on the LX model. The electronic, shift-on-the-fly 4X4 feature is only available on the top end LX variant. Expect Force Motors to make an official announcement of the new variants along with a market launch in the coming weeks.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 25th July 2013 at 08:36. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 10:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

Re: Force One EX, SX ABS and LX 4X4 round up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
The 2.6 liter turbo diesel motor outputs 80 Bhp of peak power and 230 Nm of peak torque. This engine does duty in a range of Force Motors vehicles and is a tried and tested unit. Another change on the Force One EX variant is that the SUV's 2.6 liter engine omits the dual mass flywheel, a standard bit on the 2.2 liter motor. The 2.6 liter engine comes with direct injection, turbo charging and intercooling. The motor is BS-III emission norms compatible
If I'm not mistaken, this engine is the DI version of OM 616 with a slighter larger bore that results in upping the CC.
Old 25th July 2013, 11:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

I think feature and mechanicals wise LX variant is best available of the lot in India but then big question is service network and reliability.
Old 25th July 2013, 15:26   #10
BHPian

The base variant should be well accepted with the likes of the Tavera and Innova in the taxi segment now. Can even give a tough time to the Ertiga and Chevy Enjoy.
Old 25th July 2013, 18:45   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranger View Post
The base variant should be well accepted with the likes of the Tavera and Innova in the taxi segment now. Can even give a tough time to the Ertiga and Chevy Enjoy.
Not sure how the base variant would give a stiff competition to the Taveras and Innovas. F1 is designed to be an SUV with a high floor. This makes sitting in it rather uncomfortable for longish durations, while the Tavera and Innova (and even the Qualis) are typically preferred options for their reliability and comfort. For the rural markets the Trax is already rendering its services currently and i dont see F1 eating up their share either.
Old 25th July 2013, 19:43   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwik View Post
Not sure how the base variant would give a stiff competition to the Taveras and Innovas. F1 is designed to be an SUV with a high floor. This makes sitting in it rather uncomfortable for longish durations, while the Tavera and Innova (and even the Qualis) are typically preferred options for their reliability and comfort. For the rural markets the Trax is already rendering its services currently and i dont see F1 eating up their share either.
The thing I am referring to is the price point. If you get a bigger, robust, better looking car for the same price as you shell out on buying other plain Jane UV's, you never know how the market responds, and to top it up is our Indian market which is really unpredictable.
Its just my opinion and point of view though. As already quoted by fellow members, it completely depends on the service network and service quality at the end of the day.
Old 26th July 2013, 19:10   #13
BHPian

Would somebody please tell me the Kerb/Gross Weight of this vehicle? I went thorugh the official website but could not get any information (may be I could not find it). Just curious how much the DI motor has to pull.

My personal opinion : The major attractions on this vehicle were the engine and suspension (are those the only ). Since the engine is stripped down, I am not sure how many would be attracted to EX.

I know a person who owns this vehicle and literally loves it just because the overall driveability. Not sure how EX would cope up with such expectations.

Anyway finally one could see ABS and EBD on this Mammoth. Though it is a welcome addition, I wish it is not too late!
Old 27th July 2013, 05:28   #14
BHPian

I had the opportunity to visit their Moti Nagar, New Delhi showroom a couple of months back with a fellow BHPian. The sales staff was non-existent and the sales lady who finally came to handle our queries was keen to know how did we manage to locate this showroom

She got the keys to open the only standing vehicle, which came for service but she was kind enough to offer us a test drive at our home at per our convenience. The entire experience visiting that showroom is what can sway AWAY a customer who might be bit interested in buying, forget about after sales and service.
Old 29th July 2013, 16:24   #15
Senior - BHPian

EX & SX-ABS variants officially launched today. Refer IAB report from the launch party:

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/07/f...launched-89534

Most Viewed