Team-BHP - Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/140007-team-bhp-scoop-maruti-ciaz-yl1-scoop-pics-page-99-a-12.html)

A July 2014 launch will spoil all the enthusiasm here. But in another way, it is good that they can launch a well tested niggle-free product. And that is what Suzuki is known for decades!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shibujp (Post 3215973)
I agree but with players like the Rapid, Verna and the Vento in the space they cannot afford to be just adequately powered. The Linea is nowhere in the picture with the same engine.

You can never predict! The 75 bhp Swift FGT is faster than the Punto 90 bhp. Maruti pips fiat in their own game. The VGTed 1.3 MJD has pretty much proven itself in all the cars it is working in. I felt its more refined than VW/Skoda Tdi's.
Verna engine is a notch above all of them. It all may boil down to cost!

Hope the YL1 sits between i20 and Verna in terms of pricing.

Rear seat legroom. For more details check post#7 on page#1.

I do not think the rear space is as good as Sunny/ Scala... but, it is definitely in leagues of City & may be Verna, better than Vento/ Rapid IMO.

@.anshuman, I believe your li'l birdie is in Marketing department & trying to exaggerate data, which I do not feel is required, if the car is priced well (around Rs.6.5 lacs starting) & has a Lxi variant too.

WOW with that leg room, those looks, a bit of kit and some good chassis dynamics which I expect of new Suzuki products , this car should fly out of showrooms. Bring on the vtecs and the boats! (verna)
This thread never fails to strike awe. It is certainly glad to see Suzuki pull its socks up. :) Still hope to see a more powerful version of the K series motor and an automatic in the future

Nice! Is Maruti planning to launch YL1 this year? If yes, its time to replace my Fiesta 1.6 :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 3216319)
@.anshuman, I believe your li'l birdie is in Marketing department & trying to exaggerate data, which I do not feel is required, if the car is priced well (around Rs.6.5 lacs starting) & has a Lxi variant too.

Now do you want me reveal the identity of person please: If you feel the information is exaggerated, please post the correct information you have.

I post whatever information i get from the source, i do not shell out judgement just by looking at low-res photos.

That rear legroom space seems to be class matching if not class leading (without comparing with Sunny, Scala), assuming the front seats are at the end of the maximum seat travel allowance. Under thigh support seems, from the picture, on short supply.

Initially was disappointed this is coming at around July 2014 but then might work to be ideal time for my next car. It almost looks production ready though. Interesting Maruti, as I mentioned earlier.

More leaks please? A rear profile shot not yet shared, would be welcome. :)

Something on my mind since the thread came up. No car manufacturer would want such level of leaks of a brand new product. Could it be Maruti is leaking these on purpose/with hidden intent of keeping the market aware of what's coming up (through little birdies)? Not saying it is but just a random thought. Hope no one takes offense as none was intended.

I think it is old Dzire replacement. That price point remains vacant. A good move by Maruti indeed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_ajay (Post 3216353)
No car manufacturer would want such level of leaks of a brand new product.

Now that info has leaked, what can they do about it?

Quote:

Could it be Maruti is leaking these on purpose/with hidden intent of keeping the market aware of what's coming up (through little birdies)?
I trust my source, this isn't the case. Now let's not question Birdies's intention, i feel he gave us treasure trove of information, he deserves to be Thanked rather than being accused of marketing for Maruti.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 3216372)
Now that info has leaked, what can they do about it?

I trust my source, this isn't the case. Now let's not question Birdies's intention, i feel he gave us treasure trove of information, he deserves to be Thanked rather than being accused of marketing for Maruti.

Anshuman, I do and truly appreciate your effort as well as your sources. I did mean when i mentioned that I didn't mean any offense nor was I trying to discredit the efforts of the source.

I'm infact hoping the birdie doesn't get in trouble. Such leaks can only be beneficial for the buying community and so I don't have an issue with the leaks. I hope you haven't taken my post the wrong way. Please don't. My only 'doubt' was that if Maruti was allowing for this to happen (and not questioning the birdie's intent).

This car is very interesting for myself too so I only look forward to more details (of course, with the interest of the safety to the source birdie too).

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 3216302)
Rear seat legroom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 3216319)
I do not think the rear space is as good as Sunny/ Scala... but, it is definitely in leagues of City & may be Verna, better than Vento/ Rapid IMO.

There are a couple of things to consider before arriving at a "tentative" conclusion.

1) There is some object stuffed inside of the seat back pocket of Left front seat. This somehow shows less legroom and Kneeroom for rear seat.

2) The rear seat base is more generous and less flat than Sunny. Sunny rear seat base is quite flat with next to non existent under-thigh support. This seat looks less flat and more generous w.r.t. under-thigh support which actually shows less space in pictures but the seat is very comfortable.

Considering the two above points, I think the space is more than at par for the segment. Coupled with Maruti's new found suspension setups ( like Ertiga and Swift, Dzire ) the car will have good ride quality also. Very positive points then for the car as it can double up as a spacious family car on weekends and can be a car where one can be chauffeured around to office.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parrys (Post 3202542)
Maruti desperately need this, and soon.
The SX4 is not quite a success story as Maruti expected it to be, even after they gave it a Multijet steroid shot.

Regardless of the engine options, a better looking exterior design is the need of the hour.

I totally agree at this point, there had been some cosmatic changes to SX4 but that had not excelled anyway in terms of sales. MS has been distributing the same engines (Diesel) irrespective we eye to any of the models swift/ritz/ertiga/sx4. A Diwali launch for this car would be a better move from the company.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 3216372)

Hi @.anshuman

You are not taking our words in their true spirits... may be our posts should be explicit enough. I have thanked you for all the rendering, images & relevant details that you have posted.

However, when I say "a person is working for marketing deptt & exaggerate the features", I meant the data that he/ she has provided to you does not appear to be true from the actual images. In the rear seat pic that you posted, I have clearly expressed my opinion that the legroom (@aaggoswami, this is what I meant) doesn't appear as huge as Sunny/ Scala, yet praised the overall space, because I know it is really good even by SX4 standards.

Moreover, I am not interested in knowing the person's identity, & for me it is you who is doing all the hard work alone.

At present, one question has popped up in my mind - if the interiors are derived from Swift/ Ertiga, is the vehicle wide enough on the inside? IMO SX4 is much more wider than Swift & derivatives, & three abreast in second row are more comfortable in SX4.

The showcasing (Auto Expo 2014)of the Maruti Suzuki YL1 is likely to be followed by its commercial launch, wherein it will be put on sale.

Maruti Suzuki YL1 is expected to be powered by the same 1.4-litre K2 engine that is fitted in the Ertiga. It is being said that the YL1 sedan will generate around 94 bhp of maximum power output, along with a peak torque of 130 Nm. On the other hand, Maruti Suzuki is also likely to introduce a diesel variant, which will be fitted with 1.3-litre Multijet turbo engine. CNG version will debut at a later date in a phased plan.

Experts feel Maruti Suzuki YL1 will come with a spacious cabin, high number of security features, Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and a push button start.

One of the highlights of the new sedan is expected to be the the micro-hybrid system, which is equipped with brake-energy regeneration function and is slated to be available in top variants of the YL1. Also, the new sedan is anticipated to be lightweight as compared to the existing model but with lower ground clearance.

Maruti Suzuki is hoping to market this new sedan by targeting young people, who have a preference for stylish and sporty vehicles. The YL1 will face direct competition in the form of Nissan Sunny, Renault Scala and Hyundai Verna.

Cheers!