Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2013, 22:28   #136
BHPian

Re: Audi Mumbai West - Horrible Delivery Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
What are your expectations of your 30L car? That its parts are made of some rare metal and would never fail? That it would never need any part change or service?
I think it is the matter of customer satisfaction. Why would a person buy an Audi paying 30 Lakhs? Expecting it to stall at middle of the highway risking his life? I am sure that Audi would have given him some lame reason and handled the case pathetically that infuriated him and his friends. Do you think that 10 owners of Audi A4 would have ganged up against the car maker for stupid reason? Please see some threads in team-BHP where the some owners of Mercedes, BMW, Aria have expressed their frustrations with the service.

Demanding a replacement car may sound outrageous. But the treatment these guys would have been meted with Audi would definitely justify that demand.

Moreover, I would not imagine a guy who bought an Audi A4 would have abused the car so that it died on the highway. It is surely a manufacturing defect. That lemon must be recalled and replaced. If they just replace engine it's resale value goes for a huge six.

How many recalls have you heard in India? Why do you think these car makers are so keen in setting up manufacturing facilities in India? Not only because of cheap labour but also they can forget the car once it is delivered to the customer. Can you imagine Audi could simply offer to change the V-Belt or Engine had it happened in US for an US customer?

In India, customer is always wrong!
Old 25th August 2013, 00:43   #137
BANNED

Quote:
Audi is willing to change the defective part on the customers car. Where is the injustice/taking for a long ride/cheating here?

Quote:
My altis had a AC leak diagnosed within 5 months of buying it. I can say that for me its totally unacceptable to see that in a 16L Rs car and hence I want a new car.
So when are you issuing a notice or a letter to all fellow Altis owners so that you can get together and stage a Dharna in front of Toyota showrooms for a New Altis?! Don't forget to call the media.

Hope the issue on your car has been solved!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 08:30   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird77 View Post
I think it is the matter of customer satisfaction.

Demanding a replacement car may sound outrageous. But the treatment these guys would have been meted with Audi would definitely justify that demand.

Moreover, I would not imagine a guy who bought an Audi A4 would have abused the car so that it died on the highway. It is surely a manufacturing defect. That lemon must be recalled and replaced. If they just replace engine it's resale value goes for a huge six.

Can you imagine Audi could simply offer to change the V-Belt or Engine had it happened in US for an US customer?

Good Morning mate, In india customer satisfaction means he/she is never satisfied either with product or its service and starts to blame product, brand or after sales depending on scenario. If he is not happy with the way Audi dealt with him then why is agreeing for a new vehicle of same brand and model as he should be well aware that Audi will not change their manners in future too for him. Why did he gave a repeat order for a Q5 with down payment?

As far as engine replacing and dent on re-sale is there i think if audi buy's back the car and gives a new one to the owner they too will end up with incurring huge losses as no one shall ever buy it. Secondly if it is highly depreciating then dont you think in 2 years it would have faced that type of depreciation i.e Audi valued it for something like 17 L to which owner said it was under-valued.

You cannot compare indian customer to a foreign one majorly because of mindset, reasoning and logic as in india customer always tries to prove he is right though exceptions may be there.

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 11:14   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why would a person buy an Audi paying 30 Lakhs? Expecting it to stall at middle of the highway risking his life?
I dont understand how does it risk his life? Do you think the car stalling means that it was going at 140 kmph at one moment and came to a compete standstill in the middle of the road in another?

Quote:
Do you think that 10 owners of Audi A4 would have ganged up against the car maker for stupid reason?
That is the precise definition of ganging up and blackmail. Ganging up even if Audi was at fault is not the right way of doing things. Offtopic but I would love to see there faces if Audi doesn't budge and they go ahead with there threat and leave all these expensive Audis at the showroom. No businessman, however rich, would be able to see a perfectly running 40-50L Rs car just stand and rot.

Quote:
Again you want to set a very dangerous trend if customer satisfaction begins to justify the norms for new car replacements. This has no legal basis whatsoever.

Quote:
Moreover, I would not imagine a guy who bought an Audi A4 would have abused the car so that it died on the highway.
You need to look around more carefully. I cannot afford an Audi hence I think of it as that dream car and see myself polishing every corner of it every morning if ever I buy one. But then people who are rich and can afford it do not share that feeling. You will find a lot of people abusing there rides.

Quote:
And in any debate or discussion the car maker is always wrong!
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 11:27   #140
BHPian

Quote:

I dont understand how does it risk his life? Do you think the car stalling means that it was going at 140 kmph at one moment and came to a compete standstill in the middle of the road in another?
When the engine stalls the vacuum assisted brakes don't work! I think that constitutes a huge risk to life.

Also I think in this case as it is a Vag car the chances of it being the manufacturers fault is very high!
Old 25th August 2013, 12:11   #141
Senior - BHPian

Re: 15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’

Hello Team, uploading the pic of Audi Q3 engine with the V belt (see arrow) I think this spare is point of discussion for us and point of argument between owner and Audi

AD
Attached Thumbnails
15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’-allnew2012audiq3suvenginespecs.jpg  

Old 25th August 2013, 12:21   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_convert View Post
Also I think in this case as it is a Vag car the chances of it being the manufacturers fault is very high!
The manufacturer here is not saying that its the owners fault. Audi is willingly offering to replace in faulty part or even the whole engine if the owner feels that is the right thing to do. But that does not mean that you start demanding that they give you a new car all together!

BTW what is the latest news on this? Has any party made some move yet?
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 12:25   #143
Senior - BHPian

Squeak...squeak...time for an Audi accessory belt change. Old Audi drive belts or Audi multi rib belt tend to squeak slightly. Inspect the ribbed portion of the Audi drive belts and Audi multi rib belts tend to dry rot from heat and constant flexing. Inspect them closely for any cracks. The Audi drive belts are typically replaced every 30,000 miles. The Audi serpentine belt or Audi multi rib belt is typically replaced every 30,000 - 50,000 miles. If your vehicle is approaching 100,000 miles we recommend replacing other serpentie belt related parts (i.e. tensioners, tensioning arm with pulley, springs, and sleeves). We've put all of these items together in our convienent Audi Serpetine Belt Kits.

However, if your Audi is approaching or ready for a timing belt change, it's a great time to replace your serpentine belt and other related components and save money on replacement costs. All these necessary parts are included in our complete Audi Timing Belt Kits.

We make this replacement easy by putting our Audi accessory belts together into one convenient kit. We also put everything you need for an Audi serpentine belt or Audi multi rib belt replacement into one complete kit (depending on model kits include all Audi serpentine belt tensioner pulley tensioner(s), Audi accessory belt tensioner pulley and arm, spring(s), sleeve(s), and multi rib belt)! Remember it's convenient and saves labor to replace the Audi multi rib belt and Audi accessory belt tensioner arm with pulley at that time since as the timing belt since this belt has to be removed to get to the Audi timing belt. In most cases the bearing in the Audi accessory belt tensioner arm with pulley is making noise at the same time the Audi timing belt needs replacing. We also sell OEM quality German Audi drive belts and Audi multi rib belts individually, most are priced around $15.00 to $32.00.

Sorce: Blauparts.com

AD
Old 25th August 2013, 17:40   #144
BHPian

Referring to thread on "German cars and Tow trucks", it is no wonder that an Audi can and will seize in the middle of the highway.
On the other hand complainant is a municipal commissioner who intends to use political methods and forces to get reimbursement.

Audi looses and swallows back a few of the many lemons they are selling - Bizman looses and suffers a loss on his (presumably) not-hard-earned money.

I will be happy if either side looses. For the petrol-head community, its a win-win. :-)
sen2009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 17:49   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
On the other hand complainant is a municipal commissioner who intends to use political methods and forces to get reimbursement.
Oh I didn't know this guy was a municipal commissioner. Till now he was being referred to as a businessman. Pity that the newspaper to report it in the first place didn't ask him how he could afford a luxury car in the first place. Sorry for being offtopic.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 17:59   #146
BHPian

From the Newspaper article -
Quote:
On April 28, Sunil Chaudhari, president, Ambernath Municipal Council, was returning from Nashik when his A4 stalled in the middle of the highway
I think president of municipal council and municipal commissioner are pretty much the same designation. If not, please correct me.
sen2009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 19:24   #147
BANNED

Quote:
Pity that the newspaper to report it in the first place didn't ask him how he could afford a luxury car in the first place. Sorry for being off topic.
Such questions are not to be asked and the answer is evident as to how he affords an Audi A4! I hope you get my point.

Is there any update for this case and what is the action from Audi?!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 19:59   #148
Senior - BHPian

Dear Team, As per the info given by the newspaper, that the incident happend in April 2013 so is it possible that the owner of the car kept on listening to Audi's version and did not take any step to counter it for past 4 months? I doubt. Audi or any brand shall not stretch the issue for so long if their image is on stake. It seems that owner was not budging to anything less than a new vehicle from day 1. And when he saw that alone he may not be able to suppress Audi to his demands he gathered his team and began the commotion.

AD

Timing Belt replacement Procedure For Audi. Hope the pics are useful for my team.

Source: Audi forum

AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_convert View Post
When the engine stalls the vacuum assisted brakes don't work! I think that constitutes a huge risk to life.

hi mate, i agree brakes snap on engine seizure but the seizure can never be spontanious. The car, may it be any brand cant get jammed in a second from say 80kmph to 0.

Secondly as you said its a Volkswagen-Audi Gelelschaft i.e (association) so its prone to manufacture faults, I cant buy this point because both brands are very responsible and enjoy good market position in automobile sector. Also Volkswagen took over Skoda Auto 4 years back so do you think that Skoda Auto would have associated itself to a brand which did not have a stable place in the market or rather a good reputation among customers? Thus, pointing out issue of a specific brand is not the remedy.

AD
Attached Thumbnails
15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’-audi-2.jpg  

15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’-audi-3.jpg  

15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’-audi-4.jpg  

15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’-audi-5.jpg  

15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’-audi-7.jpg  

15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’-audi-8.jpg  

15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’-audi-10.jpg  

15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’-audi-11.jpg  

15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’-audi-12.jpg  

15 bizmen set to return their Audis after ‘bad service’-audi-13.jpg  

Last edited by noopster : 29th August 2013 at 17:22. Reason: Do NOT create back-to-back posts- it is tantamount to spamming!
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 22:39   #149
BHPian

Quote:
This is dry argument. In the news article itself it was mentioned that a truck coming behind just swerved and missed him by a whisker.

Quote:
That is the precise definition of ganging up and blackmail. Ganging up even if Audi was at fault is not the right way of doing things. Offtopic but I would love to see there faces if Audi doesn't budge and they go ahead with there threat and leave all these expensive Audis at the showroom. No businessman, however rich, would be able to see a perfectly running 40-50L Rs car just stand and rot.
It is just a "customer vs supplier" tussle not a "dirty politician vs the immaculate AUDI" one. You must see in that aspect.

Quote:
Again you want to set a very dangerous trend if customer satisfaction begins to justify the norms for new car replacements. This has no legal basis whatsoever.
Legality can be decided in the court. Audi won't do that because there must be plenty of skeletons in their own cupboard.

Quote:
You need to look around more carefully. I cannot afford an Audi hence I think of it as that dream car and see myself polishing every corner of it every morning if ever I buy one. But then people who are rich and can afford it do not share that feeling. You will find a lot of people abusing there rides.
Sorry, it is again a lame argument. You are making just a speculation.

Quote:
And in any debate or discussion the car maker is always wrong!
This is the problem. You cannot imagine a white German manufacturer can go wrong.

You may suggest AUDI to sell their cars with the warning that "THIS CAR MAY FAIL AT ANY TIME WITHOUT WARNING. IN THAT SITUATION THE CAR WILL NOT BE REPLACED". This could help a customer better .
Thunderbird77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 23:35   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, it is again a lame argument. You are making just a speculation.
If we are talking about speculation then where does this fall:
Quote:
Moreover, I would not imagine a guy who bought an Audi A4 would have abused the car so that it died on the highway. It is surely a manufacturing defect. That lemon must be recalled and replaced.
Even this is mere speculation.
BTW my neighbour does abuse his A4 day in and day out. The guy's garage also consists of a Porsche Cayenne, Jaguar XJR and a Ferrari now. I take more care of my 7 year old Innova then he does of his A4.

Anyways only time will tell how this unfolds. Enough has been discussed already. I am out of here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed