Front fog lamps
Integrated side indicators on the outside rear view mirrors
Tilt adjustable steering
Rear parking sensors
Remote central locking
Art-leather seat covers
Front power windows
Illuminated door sills
Wheel covers and a double-DIN audio system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
AFAIK, only Maruti dealers in Rajasthan are offering the XDi variant. The company hasn't announced the XDi edition officially
Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
It can't be a variant offered by dealer.As per OP the xdi variant comes with tilt adjustable steering which imho cannot be added at dealer level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos453 View Post
This is one feature I am confussed about. I thought the latest swift already comes with tilt adjustable steering in it's LDi or LXi variant.
As far as the tilt adjustable steering is concerned, it is factory fitted, even in LDi/LXi.

Name:  swift.png
Views: 2161
Size:  38.3 KB

Other than that, all the other accessories can be easily added at the Dealer. So quite possible this is a dealer only variant and not offered by MS officially.
Dry Ice is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 14:44   #17
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift XDI special edition introduced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos453 View Post

After market power windows will be only around 70-90% as good as the factory setting power windows. Nothing can replace the factory settings and that is why most of us opt for the higher editions when we need certain mandatory features rather than looking for after market settings.
I guess as long as its a Maruti Genuine accessory it will be as good as a factory fit. I have a K10 Lxi which doesn't come with factory fitted power windows. As part of the deal when I bought the car, the dealer installed the same power windows that comes in the Vxi trim (maruti Genuine accessories).
Old 20th September 2013, 00:23   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

If this is from a bunch of dealers, we can pass it off but if it is from MSIL themselves, its just showing how they are running out of being way ahead in the competition. IMO these special editions dont deserve its own thread unless they come with genuine modifications other than aftermarket accessories. That will make it exclusive. Maruti has just gone overboard with such editions. I sincerely hope they come out of this small pond of MGA and bring out special editions with remaps, performance modifications etc.

Coming to the goodness of MGA, it is an accessory afterall. MGA power windows or security system will never be as good as a factory fit product because in the latter the entire system is integrated well into the car right from the wiring harness till the fit and finish. Hence I bet that the latter is mch reliable and of better quality compared to the MGA addons.
Old 20th September 2013, 09:45   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If this is from a bunch of dealers, we can pass it off but if it is from MSIL themselves, its just showing how they are running out of being way ahead in the competition. IMO these special editions dont deserve its own thread unless they come with genuine modifications other than aftermarket accessories. That will make it exclusive. Maruti has just gone overboard with such editions. I sincerely hope they come out of this small pond of MGA and bring out special editions with remaps, performance modifications etc.
At first glance it seemed as if the promotion was from Maruti. But when patiently looked at it made it clear that it wasn't from Maruti. And I understand why most of us doubted or debated on this special edition because of the fact that Maruti has lately started doing such promotions with most of their cars. The recent one being Wagon R with some body paint work that looked like kid painting it using his crayons.

At first glance with the XDi version was shocker that such a variant could exist in between LDi and VDi with some standard accessories.

In support of me starting this thread was to show how dealers were trying to clear their inventories before the launch of new swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Coming to the goodness of MGA, it is an accessory afterall. MGA power windows or security system will never be as good as a factory fit product because in the latter the entire system is integrated well into the car right from the wiring harness till the fit and finish. Hence I bet that the latter is mch reliable and of better quality compared to the MGA addons.
I am right with you. I have fitted central locking from MGA and it has already started troubling me (just 1 year 6 months years of ownership).
Old 20th September 2013, 22:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hello team, going by the posts here i think in a broader sense maruti may try to clear up the inventories created thru lack of sale of LDI version swift. To pep up these figures may be maruti took this stop-gap measure. Recently swift was launched in a RS version which did not do well either. I also believe there can be a slight chance of the particular dealer may not have sold expected number of swift vehicle sighting competition and choice in segment so may be thru the internal accessory upgrades in the showroom itself they are trying to raise the sales of the swift by showing 50-100 odd swift with XDI features and thats the reason why maruti may not roll out XDI swift officialy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks