Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2013, 19:03   #1
BHPian

Maruti Swift XDI special edition introduced

Maruti Swift XDI special edition introduced-swift.jpg

Maruti has launched another special edition of the Swift hatchback- the Swift XDI.

Priced at Rs 6.67 lakh on-road Jaipur. Based on the base diesel LDi trim, the Swift XDI comes with additional features.

Highlights:

Price: Additional 39,000 over regular LDi
Front fog lamps
Integrated side indicators on the outside rear view mirrors
Tilt adjustable steering
Rear parking sensors
Remote central locking
Art-leather seat covers
Front power windows
Illuminated door sills
Wheel covers and a double-DIN audio system.

Source: http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...roduced/17196/

Mods: I found each special edition had different thread and hence I have started a new thread. If there is any relevant thread please combine this in that thread.
Kratos453 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 00:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift XDI special edition introduced

I was hoping to see a replacement for VDi ABS, but no. It is understandable that Maruti has responded to the Grand i10. Hyundai has left a gap by offering ABS only on the top-end variant. Maruti could have plugged in that gap by releasing the XDi. A lost opportunity.
Old 19th September 2013, 03:06   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
A lost opportunity.
You are expecting a lot from Maruti. Their attitude is like 'Why fix that ain't broken?!'

I fail to understand why Maruti gets such ideas and launches models. Looks like clearing inventory of old stock before the launch of the refreshed Swift in mid-2014. But I don't think they will keep this model throughout.

I don't see the number of units that would be manufactured by Maruti for this edition in the article.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 19th September 2013 at 03:08.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 07:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quite pointless as always. Would have loved to see ABS/ EBD and 15" wheel option across variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos453 View Post
Priced at Rs 6.67 lakh on-road Jaipur.
Now, that's a first. Is it launched only in Rajasthan?

Somehow, the variant name (XDi) doesn't sit along with the current nomenclature for MSIL. Is this from the dealer?
Old 19th September 2013, 07:57   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Quite pointless as always. Would have loved to see ABS/ EBD and 15" wheel option across variants.

Somehow, the variant name (XDi) doesn't sit along with the current nomenclature for MSIL. Is this from the dealer?
Don't worry bro, they would be launching a YDi at 6.79L

Maruti is doing time pass on the swift also like the recent launch "Madhavan" autographed WagonR. I mean give us a break Maruti.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 19th September 2013 at 08:00.
Old 19th September 2013, 08:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

AFAIK, only Maruti dealers in Rajasthan are offering the XDi variant. The company hasn't announced the XDi edition officially.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 08:16   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post

AFAIK, only Maruti dealers in Rajasthan are offering the XDi variant. The company hasn't announced the XDi edition officially.

Cheers,

Jay
Now this is news to me.

How can a dealer in a state ask for such special variants? Isn't the manufacturing process common for the country? Won't it affect their inventory etc?

Can the guys in Hyderabad demand for XDi variant? On what basis are such models/variants launched? Am I missing something?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 09:47   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post

Cheers,

Jay
So you mean to say that Maruti will not be launching this variant in any other state and this is just a dealer requested edition only in Rajasthan?
Kratos453 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 10:02   #9
BHPian

Update: Hi JayPrasanth, I have further researched and found out this is launched by Rajasthan circle dealers.

"Maruti Suzuki India's Rajasthan circle dealers have launched a special edition of the company's flagship hatchback Swift called as Xdi recently. When we spoke to dealers based out of Jaipur, they revealed that the XDi is basically an exclusive edition with several new features offered on the LDi variant, which makes it quite an interesting offering now. The on road price for the Swift XDi is Rs 6.67 lakh."

Source: http://www.business-standard.com/art...1700301_1.html
Kratos453 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 10:18   #10
BHPian

Looks like Maruti is now desperate to push Swift considering that there is no longer and waiting period for the car now. In Kerala atleast they are available off the shelf.
Old 19th September 2013, 10:20   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Now this is news to me.

How can a dealer in a state ask for such special variants? Isn't the manufacturing process common for the country? Won't it affect their inventory etc?

Can the guys in Hyderabad demand for XDi variant? On what basis are such models/variants launched? Am I missing something?

Anurag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos453 View Post
So you mean to say that Maruti will not be launching this variant in any other state and this is just a dealer requested edition only in Rajasthan?
As of now, the XDi variant is a Rajasthan-only model. If you delve deeper, Maruti launching a XDi model doesn't make much sense. Who'd buy the VDi then?

So, I think that the XDi model is purely a dealer effort specific to Rajasthan to push more LDi stock with a nice price tag/accessory list.

Maruti Suzuki dealers elsewhere in the country have no clue about the XDi variant. If possible, please check with your local dealer so that we have more information.

Also, have you observed that all news posts about the Maruti Swift XDi carry an on-road Jaipur price tag. If the XDi variant is a nationwide affair or an official launch from Maruti Suzuki, we'd be having ex-Delhi or ex-Mumbai prices.

Also, Maruti Suzuki dealers routinely launch such limited edition variants on their own by adding more features to a particular car. These efforts usually don't have Maruti's endorsement. Most of the features on the XDi model seem like retrofits at the dealership level. So, the question of Maruti Suzuki tweaking the manufacturing process doesn't arise.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 10:25   #12
BHPian

It can't be a variant offered by dealer.As per OP the xdi variant comes with tilt adjustable steering which imho cannot be added at dealer level.
S5157 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 10:32   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
It can't be a variant offered by dealer.As per OP the xdi variant comes with tilt adjustable steering which imho cannot be added at dealer level.
Right, and can power windows be retrofitted as seamlessly as the power windows which comes out from the factory?
Old 19th September 2013, 11:05   #14
Mik
BHPian

I think its a good move by Maruti. The features are mostly stuff that people get added to the car anyway. Apart from these, they also have a few bling features. Maruti has simply taken away the need to accessorize the car at some other shop.
Pretty sure that XDi makes much more financial sense to Maruti than having a VDi ABS version.
Perfect choice for the "Marutti" loving public.
Old 19th September 2013, 11:22   #15
BHPian

The company hasn't however released any official statement on the new variant, Maruti Suzuki Rajasthan circle has been giving newspaper ads regularly. And according to dealers, they have been receiving very good response as the foot fall for Maruti Suzuki Swift has increased since the first newspaper advertisement was published.

And I found some interesting ads:
Maruti Swift XDI special edition introduced-marutisuzukiswiftxdi.jpg

Ad 2:
Maruti Swift XDI special edition introduced-marutiswiftxdifeatures.jpg

The second ad is quiet interesting because both petrol and diesel are placed under XDi variant not as XXi (LXi) and XDi (LDi) which itself states they are not official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
This is one feature I am confussed about. I thought the latest swift already comes with tilt adjustable steering in it's LDi or LXi variant.

Can someone please elaborate from the XDi variant whether this is an additional feature or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Right, and can power windows be retrofitted as seamlessly as the power windows which comes out from the factory?
After market power windows will be only around 70-90% as good as the factory setting power windows. Nothing can replace the factory settings and that is why most of us opt for the higher editions when we need certain mandatory features rather than looking for after market settings.
Kratos453 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks