Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2013, 15:26   #1
BHPian

BMW India launches complete line of M-Performance accessories for the 1,3 & 5 series

BMW India launched the complete range of M-Performance accessories for the 1-Series, 3-Series and 5-Series. The launch ceremony had taken place at Krishna Automobile in Chandigarh. Inquired about the same with the Delhi dealer and he confirmed about the launch. He promised me a complete catalogue with pricing by Saturday.

Good Move BMW India!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uploading the pics I downloaded from the official BMW India Facebook Page.
BMW India launches complete line of M-Performance accessories for the 1,3 & 5 series-1.jpg

BMW India launches complete line of M-Performance accessories for the 1,3 & 5 series-2.jpg

BMW India launches complete line of M-Performance accessories for the 1,3 & 5 series-3.jpg

BMW India launches complete line of M-Performance accessories for the 1,3 & 5 series-4.jpg

BMW India launches complete line of M-Performance accessories for the 1,3 & 5 series-5.jpg

BMW India launches complete line of M-Performance accessories for the 1,3 & 5 series-6.jpg

BMW India launches complete line of M-Performance accessories for the 1,3 & 5 series-7.jpg

BMW India launches complete line of M-Performance accessories for the 1,3 & 5 series-8.jpg

BMW India launches complete line of M-Performance accessories for the 1,3 & 5 series-9.jpg

BMW India launches complete line of M-Performance accessories for the 1,3 & 5 series-10.jpg

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 26th September 2013 at 15:28.
AdiSinghV12 is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 15:49   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW India launches complete range of M-Performance accessories for the 1er, 3er &

Though the parts were available before through the dealerships, but by officially launching them is a good awareness move by BMW
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 15:53   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW India launches complete range of M-Performance accessories for the 1er, 3er &

Nice ! Good to see us get some customisation choices apart from the usual mere basic accessories that dealers provide in the luxury segment. Would rather see a beamer loaded with genuine accessories than with silly after market ones when a kid is trying too hard to make his car look different from the rest.
I just hope they have kept the pricing right, most often these accessories are just way too over priced.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 16:41   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Though the parts were available before through the dealerships, but by officially launching them is a good awareness move by BMW
This time it's the complete range and certainly a good move I'd say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I just hope they have kept the pricing right, most often these accessories are just way too over priced.
Fingers crossed regarding the pricing part. Last time I had casually inquired about a pair of CF mirrors for the F30 and they quoted me 30k which was a bit too much IMO. Similarly, the M-Sport kit for the E90 was in the 3.5L region which if imported from an aftermarket seller would cost in the vicinity of 2L including the customs and shipping.
AdiSinghV12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 16:42   #5
BHPian

Pardon my ignorance, but do these do anything to the engine/suspension etc. which turns the car into a more 'sporty' one to drive, other than the looks? They say 'Performance' accessories, so wondering.
Old 26th September 2013, 16:59   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but do these do anything to the engine/suspension etc. which turns the car into a more 'sporty' one to drive, other than the looks? They say 'Performance' accessories, so wondering.
Well yes, they do have Performance Power Kit which results in increased output and increased torque and overall offers a better drive. Unlike normal remapping, this replaces the entire ECU along with the intercooler, air intakes and other minor stuffs. There's also the Performance exhaust system which results in a better outflow and higher revs. A fellow bhpian (akshay1234) has got both as a combo for his E90.

Then, there's also the Performance Brake kits which consist of slotted and cross-drilled front rotors and large fixed calipers but that's designed for 18" + Rims. The list goes on like the M-Sport suspension, etc, etc but I'm not sure whether we will have all those here in India.

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 26th September 2013 at 17:08.
AdiSinghV12 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 21:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

Wonder if they're launching the M Performance Suspension kit. That would be useful for baseline / "no line" F30 owners.
Old 28th September 2013, 01:30   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Wonder if they're launching the M Performance Suspension kit. That would be useful for baseline / "no line" F30 owners.
The suspension setup apart from the wheel size is same in all the lines that's on offer. The launch of the M-Performance Suspension Kit would certainly be nice but considering our conditions it would't be surprising if the demand for the same is very low. Having said that, if it's launched I wouldn't give a second thought ordering it.
Old 28th September 2013, 05:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
The suspension setup apart from the wheel size is same in all the lines that's on offer. The launch of the M-Performance Suspension Kit would certainly be nice but considering our conditions it would't be surprising if the demand for the same is very low. Having said that, if it's launched I wouldn't give a second thought ordering it.
Oh is that so! I find that surprising. Is it only for india?
So if you buy a base model vs an msport model vs sport line, you get the same suspension? What about if you get the Dynamic handling package?
Old 28th September 2013, 06:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So if you buy a base model vs an msport model vs sport line, you get the same suspension? What about if you get the Dynamic handling package?
These will be like the M badged cars (ex: Z4 M) as opposed to the real M cars (M3, M5 etc.). The M cars have a wider track as well along with other changes. And though they look similar, many body panels are different other than the bumpers.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 08:01   #11
BHPian

The 3 looks smokin' hot! Is this like a package or do we get to pick single accessories? The AMG sports pack offered by Mercedes looks too basic now.
Old 28th September 2013, 10:32   #12
BHPian

Quote:
In India, that is how the scene is. Be it the base model or the top of the line 320d Sport/Luxury line you get the same suspension/dampers setup and you get three driving modes, the ECO PRO, Comfort and Sports. It's also the same for the 328i but in that you get an addition of the variable sports steering and an extra mode called Sports + which is same as sports but supposedly turns of the traction control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
These will be like the M badged cars (ex: Z4 M) as opposed to the real M cars (M3, M5 etc.). The M cars have a wider track as well along with other changes. And though they look similar, many body panels are different other than the bumpers.
Apart from the body panels, there engines are also on steroids in comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
The 3 looks smokin' hot! Is this like a package or do we get to pick single accessories? The AMG sports pack offered by Mercedes looks too basic now.
You can either get the complete package with the rims which may cost in the 7L region or you can just pick up individual accessories. For e.g you can just get the M-Sport front bumper but not the splitters. In a nutshell, let's say you can just get these accessories in any order.
Old 28th September 2013, 10:44   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Yes, can't get my eyes off that 3 Series. Heard from the dealer that everything is true carbon fibre, not to expect happy pricing. Only for true lovers.

The full package therefore must cost a bit. However individual pieces are available. Bird has the CF Mirror caps displayed next to the service reception. Zero weight.

I see 3 good windows of opportunity to go for it

Buying new car, give away your factory fitted bumpers etc. to the dealer. The buy-back price will moderate the hit of the accessory pack

Car in body shop/accident repairs. Work out a possibility just to pay the differential

Buying a used car. If I go for a used F30, I'll bump it up with all the bits. It looks better than new.
Old 1st October 2013, 10:02   #14
BHPian

Sorry folks, had been caught up with some work hence the delay in the prices. They are just been released a couple of days back and this is the first time you are seeing it on an Indian automotive website. Here you go, the complete list
M-Performance Accessories for F30 3-Series.pdf

Courtesy : taranonline (bhpian), Krishna Automobile Chandigarh.

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 1st October 2013 at 10:04.
AdiSinghV12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 11:34   #15
BHPian

The M-Sport Bumper which I'm sure many would be interested in is serial number 2. Serial number 3 is the carbon fiber splitters you see in the picture below. 4, 5 & 6 is the rear M-Sport diffuser + bumper & Serial number 8 & 9 are left and right M-Sport side skirts
BMW India launches complete line of M-Performance accessories for the 1,3 & 5 series-att.jpg
(Serial number 1 & 2)

Serial number 1, though I'm not sure. I'll update as soon as I get some info.

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 1st October 2013 at 11:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks