Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2015, 19:01   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour - Duster to get an automatic transmission in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post

Not sure what your current ride is to influence your driving style, or what you mean by "high and dry" which seems quite out of place in this context.

From the reviews it has been concluded that AMT works best in high-torque applications such as diesels. A specific example was the AMT Celerio (or Alto?) vs the AMT in the Zest.

My current ride is a Swift Diesel, its manual and I was looking for something which could make me rest my left foot.

By High and Dry I meant the shifts were too slow, I could feel each one of them in the Zest even with the a light foot, I kept moving front and behind with every shift as there was a loss of momentum which was undesirable. This is what I meant by high and dry. Compare that to the Celerio, the car was in 5th gear and I could not even realize the shifts, that changed when the foot got heavier on the Celerio. Which I din't like too but at 4.8 lakhs I would not complain much as long my left foot and hand was stress free.

I would not buy a 9 lakh Zest with this type of gear changes and sure as well would not buy a 15-16 lakh Duster with this. Renault needs to buck up and not come up with pseudo automatics for such expensive cars. The competition has moved on to better transmissions and AMT just won't hold a candle against them.

But these are just my opinions.
Old 3rd October 2015, 19:58   #62
BHPian

idioți prostești arogant (Arrogant Foolish Idiots) in Romanian !

Take a good car, build a solid reputation and following owing to it's ruggedness - Then gradually outprice the AWD against all competition. And offer an AMT as an excuse for an automatic ? What crap about the DCT being 2 lacs more expensive - How does Ford do it on the Figo, Aspire & Ecosport ?

Renault / Nissan going the Chevrolet way - One hit per year, then instead of sustaining and creating a strong franchise (that builds WOM, more cars on roads, resale value and servicing expertise), run after the next flavour of the season (Kwid)

Why can't Renault - Nissan take a leaf out of Hyundai's playbook - No compromises on features, treat India as a key global market with focus launches and sustain every model for atleast 2-3 years of marketing, innovation and pricing support.

Was eagerly awaiting the Duster Automatic (with AWD), but this is disappointing - Hope Mahindra doesn't go the AMT route with the XUV5OO due to it's AISIN/BOSCH issues - That would be the ultimate disaster !

Guys, a few links to help understand AMT vs Full Automatics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-a...c_transmission
http://www.autotrader.com/car-info/d...mission-214430

Also, image for the Renault Easy-R
http://media.renault.com/global/en-g...?mediaid=71234

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd October 2015 at 21:22. Reason: back to back posts
Old 4th October 2015, 22:54   #63
BHPian

This is an "also ran" update. Just to get the boxes ticked in case someone asks for it. Some weird combination of 4 X 4 + AMT is a boon to drive? For what its worth, the AMT is a choice that is completely budget driven. When the car crosses 10L, its not longer budget, the expectation from customers would be different. Surely an after thought. I guess Renault has had he Duster contribute its share already, AMT or not, its not selling like it used it, and that is not because it does not have an Auto transmission.
Old 5th October 2015, 23:23   #64
BHPian

I recently test drove a Creta Automatic and I can say that the transmission was quite responsive to the throttle input as long as the driving style is normal/slightly sedate. However, if the throttle is floored there is a lag experienced by the transmission to respond. This I'm talking about a TC dual clutch transmission which is far superior than the proposed AMT in Duster. So Duster won't stand a chance with AMT and bland interiors against the Creta which seems to be the prime competition in the current market. After such a long wait these moves (intro of AMT, minor changes to interiors/exteriors) by Renault are very disappointing.
Old 6th October 2015, 09:12   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

The Duster facelift will have over 80% of localisation of parts, according to Mr. Sumit Sawhney, country CEO and managing director, Renault India.

This is being done to absorb rising input costs and add better and more competitive features to the Duster facelift when it is launched.

The current-gen Duster comes with around 70% localisation levels.

Quote:
“It is true that when there is a new launch the customer tries to move towards that. The Duster is a very proven car and that is why we are seeing those customers coming back to us. We will continuously keep doing things with the Duster as it is our flagship brand and are increasing the localisation in the Duster to over 80 percent shortly. It is currently in the 70s,” says Sumit Sawhney, country CEO and managing director.
AutoCar Pro
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 10:21   #66

Came across this news article today.
http://www.financialexpress.com/arti...00-max/146481/

I wish Renault had provided redesigned dashboard and sliding rear bench instead of redesigned bumpers.
Old 10th November 2015, 19:19   #67
BHPian

Do we have any updates on when the Duster AMT will be launched?
My dad has almost decided on buying Duster .He is trying to find out if an auto option will be available soon
Old 11th November 2015, 10:25   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXBAT25 View Post
I wish Renault had provided redesigned dashboard and sliding rear bench instead of redesigned bumpers.
Very true. The design of the dash and center console is my biggest gripe with my duster. I am quite happy with the exterior looks. They should put an effort into getting better interiors, if they want to compete with the creta.
Old 14th November 2015, 09:49   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_n View Post
Do we have any updates on when the Duster AMT will be launched?
The Duster Automatic has been caught testing, but it is not an AMT, it seems to be a dual clutch. As there is no announcement from Renault, all of us are only guessing as to when it will come up.

Rahul
Old 26th December 2015, 12:25   #70
Team-BHP Support

Here are some more spy shots of the Duster facelift.

Rumour - Duster to get an automatic transmission in 2015-1.jpg

Rumour - Duster to get an automatic transmission in 2015-2.jpg

Rumour - Duster to get an automatic transmission in 2015-3.jpg

Rumour - Duster to get an automatic transmission in 2015-4.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Source: Overdrive
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 23:13   #71
BHPian

Few main changes I can see in facelifted Duster sold in Brazil.
  • Redesigned bumpers with faux bullbar.
  • Black grill with twin slats.
  • Redesigned headlights and taillights with vertical Z element.
  • New Alloy Wheels.
  • Rear black nameplate.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour - Duster to get an automatic transmission in 2015-2015renaultdusterfaceliftbrazil.jpg  

procrastinator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 14:47   #72
BHPian

Found this on indianautosblog.com,

The dash of the facelifetd 2015 Duster sold in Brazil, if this is what the Duster face lift will get here in India, then its not worth it IMO.

Rumour - Duster to get an automatic transmission in 2015-2015renaultdusterfaceliftinteriorbrazil.jpg
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 15:11   #73
BHPian

^^ What is that cubby hole next to the 3 buttons (in the bottom part of the dash). I have never found its utility..
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 21:34   #74
BHPian

Rumour - Duster to get an automatic transmission in 2015

After losing the ground to the Creta I would expect a complete overhaul of the interiors and much needed exterior facelift (just to overcome the age of the existing design) by Renault. But if the above pics are truly the final exterior (which certainly seems to be the final design) and interiors, I think Renault will completely will lose in the SUV segment. The interiors look nothing more than a Kwid. Hideous...!
Old 30th December 2015, 00:02   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
^^ What is that cubby hole next to the 3 buttons (in the bottom part of the dash). I have never found its utility..
That is the location for the 4x4 Dial in the dash. For 4x2 models, they have just replaced the switch with the square cubby.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks