Team-BHP - New Safari Dicor - 2.2 ltr (Scoop: Brochure on page 104)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Safari Dicor - 2.2 ltr (Scoop: Brochure on page 104) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/14375-new-safari-dicor-2-2-ltr-scoop-brochure-page-104-a-105.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karandeep81 (Post 582389)
brochure says it is certified xxx under european regulations and there is a pic of the crash test, BUT does not mention how many stars has it actually gained. guess that is the imp bit than just getting it tested

Please see in the bottam corner 09 07 ( sep 07 ) printed brochure:rules:
copies 66000

also old 2L turbo (1950cc) available ( see brochure say)

Quote:

Originally Posted by neo_trace (Post 582171)
16. Lx would be ON diwali

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruty (Post 581244)
News !!! I just had discussions with Nawab motors Noida, and as per teh sals persons for MUV, 2.2 also has LX,EX & VX versions. So till now we were thinking that 3.0 will have LX version and 2.2 will have EX & VX versions. According to him the 2.2 LX is in transit and will reach by this weekend and they will have launch party at TAJ delhi and 3.0 production is stoped.

Sales guy told me it is in transit and will be with them by this week end and will give mw call, i will update once I have a look

The LX confusion will clear up in a couple of days, thats good enough - nothing like a new LX 2.2 if it comes out simultaneously with the EX and VX versions.

on comparing brochures [3.0 vs 2.2], length is reduced - 4810 vs 4650.

Any reason why the ground clearence increased - 190 [laden] vs 205 [though laden not mentioned].

@neo :
Any changes in baby seats? Someone said one this thread that its changed..

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunaldhami (Post 582503)
@neo :

sorry never been in old safari
if u have been then just see ..friend of mine is seating on it..u can compare

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunaldhami (Post 582503)
@neo :

The rear seats looks the same, though the kolkata sales guy in one of the leads said about improved spacious rear seats - looks he just got carried away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adc (Post 582459)
The LX confusion will clear up in a couple of days, thats good enough - nothing like a new LX 2.2 if it comes out simultaneously with the EX and VX versions.

Why is there a confusion when the brochure states very clearly that Lx, Ex and Vx have the same 2.2 motor????

The 3.0 goes into the new Sumo soon. The good news is that spares will continue to be available, and will definitely be cheaper - though I doubt if we will need engine spares.

Quote:

Originally Posted by balugita (Post 582442)
Please see in the bottam corner 09 07 ( sep 07 ) printed brochure:rules:
copies 66000

also old 2L turbo (1950cc) available ( see brochure say)

say what ? m talking about the Euro NCAP star ratings associated with the European crash tests why are you pointing to the date an number of copies:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 582550)
Why is there a confusion when the brochure states very clearly that Lx, Ex and Vx have the same 2.2 motor????

The confusion that I had was whether it is being launched along with EX/VX. The kolkata sales guy talked about Diwali launch so had neo, whereas brute was more or less sure of LX coming out on launch date itself.

The current 3.0 remains very good value with the discounts going on - it is now around 1 lakh less than LX 2.2 [considering price point of 8.4 L OTR] The Sumo with 3.0 engine will be a interesting product- both by performance and how it churns up the segment.

The 2.2 has a oil change of 15 K instead of 10 K - how much effect does it have on savings - money wise?

Well good job by Tata so far, now time for a test drive. Its launching tomorrow finally clap:

Did anyone notice that TATA has included "Follow me home" feature. This feature was made popular by Skoda.

New Safari is overall a good package. Well Done TATA's ! ! !

Quote:

Originally Posted by adc (Post 582560)
The 2.2 has a oil change of 15 K instead of 10 K - how much effect does it have on savings - money wise?

You know what, the mannual clearly states that if driven in stop go traffic and dusty conditions,
Quote:

we recommend that you change the oil@7500kms. Oil Quality is of higher segment and now stands at API-CH4
. But they still recommend, castrol gtd, hp milcy and NOW EXXON Mobil too. The engine oil costing would be a tad lil more because the capacity of the oil is now 7.5 ltrs instead of 3.0 ltr dicor 6.5. Do some rough maths and you will extract the savings

Quote:

the wheel cover still is so awful, hope they change by the time LX launches.
Guys, lets get over the spare wheel cover. That one will not be a show stopper for any of us who are going to get this beast.
Quote:

Oil Quality is of higher segment and now stands at API-CH4

But they still recommend, castrol gtd, hp milcy
Castrol GTD is not API-CH4. You would need Castrol RX Super Plus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 582440)
the Brochure says that the LX is available in the 2.2 version.

Saw around 6-7 LX 2.2 yesterday waiting to be sent to the dealers.
But No Beige interiors for them.Seems its only on EX and VX trim.

The gas filled struts for the rear door - good idea (first seen on Suzuki Grand Vitara). Way to go. If execution is as good as the concept, it should reduce the rattle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jraj (Post 582648)
Saw around 6-7 LX 2.2 yesterday waiting to be sent to the dealers.
But No Beige interiors for them.Seems its only on EX and VX trim.

It is clearly mentioned in the brochure (Beige interiors for EX & VX)