Team-BHP - New Safari Dicor - 2.2 ltr (Scoop: Brochure on page 104)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Safari Dicor - 2.2 ltr (Scoop: Brochure on page 104) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/14375-new-safari-dicor-2-2-ltr-scoop-brochure-page-104-a-109.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunaldhami (Post 583171)

Look at how the bumper meets the wheel arch. There must atleast be a 4 mm forward shift of the Bumper. That too a brand new car.

Long thread, I am reading closely. I wonder how many buy this Safari. More people type in TBHP than actually happenning.

Good to see TATA new Safari one of my short listed vehicle I am buying next year.

Forward shift to bummper may be it has minor front collission or Thats what TATA and few Maruti cars known for. Fit and finish we can't expect :) This is typical indian manufacturer where quality/safety is not key.

Regards,

Ravi.

good brochure neo. looks are good. must be quite torquey. any indications on the pricing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 583446)
Look at how the bumper meets the wheel arch. There must atleast be a 4 mm forward shift of the Bumper. That too a brand new car.

Who cares about the 4mm. I love the beast. And it kicks *ss!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JUDA (Post 583553)
Who cares about the 4mm. I love the beast. And it kicks *ss!

Neither would I, Likes of me would take the plastic bumper out and install metal gauge bumpers anyway!

Once the Safari 2.2 is officially launched, let's start a new thread. Time to put this speculation thread to rest afer that.

There is a price difference of 23K between Bangalore and surat for the 3.0l Safari. So surat has slightly higher ex-showroom price but karnataka has more RT. NeoT prices given are unclear and I am getting confused.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 583297)
Neo, please give us ex-showroom price so that we can relate.

agree: with you and had suggested this earlier in the thread, this thread has lived its life and is too long to followup.

One thread should be opened for TD experiences and then it upto the members to open their 2.2l LTO reports.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 583741)
Once the Safari 2.2 is officially launched, let's start a new thread. Time to put this speculation thread to rest afer that.

Revised specifications and prices up on Safari website! LX available in both TCIC and 2.2 variants.

Bangalore:

Models 4 x 2 4 x 4
Safari LX Rs. 645966 N.A.
Safari DICOR 2.2 LX Rs. 727001 N.A.
Safari DICOR 2.2 EX Rs. 848117 Rs. 937566
Safari DICOR 2.2 VX Rs. 1038074 Rs. 1131727
Safari EXi Petrol Rs. 848111 Rs. 937560

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 583446)

Oh, they must be happily banging it into the wall every now & then - after all, a TD vehicle so a free for all!!

Funny, only the prices are updated to 2.2L. Rest of the site is still talking about 3.0L models.

Posting the ex-showroom prices for Pune below (taken from the safari website)-

For comparison, this was the pricing for the 3.0 in Pune (as of Jun 07) -

Approx Increase on ex-showroom price:
LX 4x2 : Rs 11 K
EX 4x2 : Rs 26 K
EX 4x4 : Rs 26 K

Considering that TATA is now offering tubeless tyres and body coloured claddings worth 25K, the new engine is FREE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 583828)
Revised specifications and prices up on Safari website! LX available in both 3.0 and 2.2 variants.

The 2 variants of the LX are TCIC and DICOR 2.2. LX 3.0 doesn't seem to be available.:)

do the export models of 2.2 meet euro-4 norms?
so long that i'm not mistaken, are we losing something back here, for india? :(

there are updates on sites for the feature list:
TATA Motors - Safari DICOR

site updated now....

there is hardly any increase for the LX version in price...TATA has pulled off another whammy! Way to go Tata!

Please continue here since it is officially launched.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-released.html