Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2013, 21:43   #91
BHPian

Re: October 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
2) Grand i10. Great product and a blockbuster. All tickets sold and all guns blazing. Way to go. Fantastic product, superb fit and finish and a gem of an engine. All sure shots for the pot boiler!!

3) Amaze's amazing run continues. Jack of all trades, master of none. NOthing great to look at, not loaded with features but a superbly tuned and FE engine. Sales will follow.
Going by the interest generated, commendable sales and quality of vehicles, the Honda Amaze and the Hyundai Grand i10 should easily be among the top contenders for the COTY awards next month. Wish I could vote for both of these superb all round vehicles.
Old 9th November 2013, 23:56   #92
BHPian

Slightly off Topic but relevant.

Came across this in newspaper today.
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/res...ps_985643.html

Summary : YoY profits increased by 31% with India business declining by 32%.

Is India sales becoming less and less prominent in overall scheme of things for Tata Motors? They took a big gamble with JLR and it seems to be paying off.
Old 11th November 2013, 11:31   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
There is nothing wrong with the City or Amaze eating into the sales of City. It just that the new Honda City is being unveiled sometime in this or next month so customers are waiting for that and dealers are just getting the stocks out of the yard. I guess the bookings have been stopped till the new one arrives.

Anurag.
I guessed it and I knew that the new city was coming!

However, I wonder why haven't we seen the spy images, scoops of the camaflouged road resting models and homologation news of the new City. Are is it my ignorance on the happenings?
Old 11th November 2013, 12:00   #94
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarx View Post
I guessed it and I knew that the new city was coming!

However, I wonder why haven't we seen the spy images, scoops of the camouflaged road resting models and homologation news of the new City. Are is it my ignorance on the happenings?
Honda guys have done a good job in keeping the New City as disguise and not being caught as 'Scoops'. I too haven't seen any great images and all have been speculatory ones.

Anurag.
Old 12th November 2013, 17:53   #95
Senior - BHPian

+1 misquitas.

Though both the vehicles are equally competent, my vote will be to teh Grand i10 for the overall fit and finish and the car design(03 pot engine notwithstanding)
Old 12th November 2013, 18:31   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh!Oxygen View Post
Slightly off Topic but relevant.

Is India sales becoming less and less prominent in overall scheme of things for Tata Motors? They took a big gamble with JLR and it seems to be paying off.
JLR gamble has certainly paid off for Tata Motors with little over 100,000 of these profit making beauties having rolled out across the world in the last quarter. In comparison, Tata Motors Passengers division struggled to sell 50,000 units in the same period. Not to forget, profit margins and profit volumes are both way bigger on JLR vehicles than their domestic counterparts.

Further, both the domestic products (commercial & Passenger vehicles) were in red during the quarter, so it is not just the increase in profit but entire profit (Yes! all 100% of it, actually more since domestic business is in red) is actually contributed by JLR.
akhilesh51 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 11:30   #97
Senior - BHPian

@GTO: Any idea what are the numbers of Ashok Leyland Stile ??

In my opinion it has a good potential to become a VFM cab. It has proven diesel engine, high efficiency, big space over Innova & less initial cost makes it a very competitive option for cab. I will be happy if it succeeds as a cab in the Indian market. Taxi operators should start considering it as a option over the likes of Innova, Tavera, Sumo etc.
aniketi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 11:24   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
@GTO: Any idea what are the numbers of Ashok Leyland Stile ?? In my opinion it has a good potential to become a VFM cab. It has proven diesel engine, high efficiency, big space over Innova & less initial cost makes it a very competitive option for cab. I will be happy if it succeeds as a cab in the Indian market. Taxi operators should start considering it as a option over the likes of Innova, Tavera, Sumo etc.
They have not been marketing it aggressively. You will see more about the Stile later this week
Old 14th November 2013, 15:11   #99
Senior - BHPian

I don't believe auto-companies are really bothered about the industry slowdown, they'd love it if it was better, but they don't seem to be desperately aggressive to try and bump sales. They seem to be taking things quite lightly infact.

Take for instance Tata, they keep repeating that the Nano is like a canvas to them. As if they've recovered all the money put in and are just playing around with whatever they have. ( The "ghar ki hei dukaan hain, jo karna hain karunga, Anaaj nahi bika toh kha jaunga" attitude ).

Even Mahindra doesn't really seem to regret the Quanto's failure to catch the market.

If they were really desperate, they'd atleast get out cars as self-driven rentals so people could try them out properly.

Even Toyota, they're supposedly planning to have the same underpowered 1.4L D4-D diesel even in the new Corolla slated next year. It's a D segment sedan for good sake's! Then they blame Indian market conditions for lower volumes.

Apart from that, AFAIK none of the car makers have improved their service centers drastically. Most people wouldn't say it's anything close to being a pleasure owning a car with the kind of service being offered. Owning & maintaining any car is still quite a pain in the backside.

New crossover 'wannabe' SUV's are just getting more and more expensive, sometimes almost just a few thousand shy of an actual one.

With the way auto-makers are behaving, it doesn't in any way seem to me, that they're even bothered by the slowdown.

I have NO sympathy for the auto-industrys slowdown. They've brought it upon themselves. To the ones who're really not doing well, all I can say about them is - Cheaters or Slackers, never Prosper.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 14th November 2013 at 15:17.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 15:49   #100
BHPian

Great analysis @GTO and sorry to bring up an old thread

I don't know whether this has been asked before but a comparison of auto vs manual transmission similar to diesel vs petrol for the same model may throw some light on the increasing popularity of auto transmission cars in India. Is it possible to include this comparison in your analysis?

Thanks for your hard work
Old 1st December 2013, 14:23   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindras Auto Sector domestic sale stands at 36,261 units during November 2013.

The Passenger Vehicles segment (which includes UVs and Verito) sold 16,771 units in November 2013, as against 24,604 units during November 2012.
The company’s domestic sales stood at 36,261 units during November 2013, as against 46,755 units during November 2012.

Source: M&M
Old 1st December 2013, 16:12   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Kirloskar's domestic sales dip in November.

Quote:
Domestic sales of the company dipped slightly to 10,208 units in November this year as compared to 10,352 units in the same month last year.
Source:ET
Old 1st December 2013, 18:40   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

TATA motors- Nov 2013

Quote:
Sales of passenger vehicles for November 2013 were at 10,376 nos. Sales of the Nano/ Indica/ Indigo range in November 2013 were 7,910 nos. The Sumo/ Safari/ Aria/ Venture range sales were 2,466 nos.
Source: TATA motors
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 00:39   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
TATA motors- Nov 2013
Quote:
Sales of passenger vehicles for November 2013 were at 10,376 nos. Sales of the Nano/ Indica/ Indigo range in November 2013 were 7,910 nos. The Sumo/ Safari/ Aria/ Venture range sales were 2,466 nos.
Source: TATA motors
So, I guess that translates to

Nano + Indica + Indigo = ~ 2000 + 3500 + 2500
Sumo/Safari + Venture = ~ 1000 + 1500

Nano looks like it's never going to sell in the numbers that it should, finally we're reading in papers that they're taking it abroad where there's interest in it. They better do it quickly, because I guess interest there too would wither off if they kept delaying things.

TATA Motors officials recently claimed sales of Storme grew by 30% after the advertisement in a TV series called '24', doesn't seem so.

AFAIK They're spending massively on online contests, dealer incentives apart from the ads. Recently they had an event where they awarded KHT Motors for being the highest seller for Safari Storme in South India and being among the Top 5 all over India. They called Anil Kapoor as Chief Guest to the event.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 2nd December 2013 at 00:46.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks