Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2013, 17:02   #46
RDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
I did say it is sad but this is the Indian way of doing things ... I don't mean to sound arrogant or know-it-all when I say that most of the business houses that reached zenith within 1-2 generation in India have NOT adhered to any responsible behavior or ethics. Is this way sustainable? Perhaps not, but the ecosystem does gets tuned to it (something analogous is the corruption scene in India) I would love if that was actually true in practice (spoken from my experience limited to India) instead of mere goals written to improve the yearly assessment scores.
Which is probably why we have such a tough time exporting, while other Asian countries manage 40%+ GDP in exports alone.

But there are Indian companies out there that operate ethically / deliver on time but still get a bad name because of the majority.
RDD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 07:35   #47
RDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Hi RDD, My dealer is VW Whitefield(Bangalore). I have sent them a mail, but there is no response from them. Though dealers have this communication they are acting as if they do not know about this. Just call VW customer care(18001020909), and they will tell you that this problem(replacing of the synthetc oil with mineral oil) would be addressed soon. I have even got a sms from VW Customer care which says "Your complaint no. is HTL XXXX and has been assigned to Volkswagen Whitefield". I am expecting a call from the dealer.
Hi Rohan, sorry to pester you again; but I wrote to VW customer care and they came back with the same gibberish "this recall doesn't affect Indian DSG's" without giving any reasons as to why it doesn't affect us.

This is the first time a new car and it's maintainability is such a big concern for me, and VWs complete lack of professionalism is very worrying. Would you (or other forum members) have any advice on what should be done?
Old 24th November 2013, 10:01   #48
BHPian

Re: VW announces Global Recall of 26 lakh cars (including for the 7-Speed DSG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDD View Post
Hi Rohan, sorry to pester you again; but I wrote to VW customer care and they came back with the same gibberish "this recall doesn't affect Indian DSG's" without giving any reasons as to why it doesn't affect us.

This is the first time a new car and it's maintainability is such a big concern for me, and VWs complete lack of professionalism is very worrying. Would you (or other forum members) have any advice on what should be done?
Hi RDD,
From my experience , I have understood that it is better to call VW Customer Care(18001020909) instead of sending mail.

On Monday, I am planning to go to the dealer. I shall check with him and get back to you.
Old 24th November 2013, 13:15   #49
BHPian

In the Overdrive Auto Show on CNN IBN today morning, Mr Bert interviews Mr Arvind Saxena, MD, VW India. Mr MD mentions placing emphasis on "building a network, having the fundamentals in place, network support based growth rather than individual-product bases growth, etc". All very well in theory but in practice, this is what VW India is exactly lacking in!
Mr Bert, you conveniently forgot to quizz the MD on the burning topic of DSG recall and India deliberately being left out! Wow! Talk of paying lip service. And Mr Saxena, it's high time VW India starts placing the customer first, only then there is a road ahead for you.
rednikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 06:57   #50
BHPian

One test drive enquiry which I made in the start of 2013 is still triggering calls to me from VW customer care. I get a call once in every 3 months, asking if I got the test drive, how was the dealer etc. With such a customer care, I think rather than emailing dealers and waiting for their response, all VW DSG car owners should contact the VW customer care directly, which would make more sense. I think too many calls/emails on the same topic will make them action, probably you can even cite the global recall news. If nothing of that sort works out, I think then it would be high time to boycott such brands.
Old 25th November 2013, 15:54   #51
BHPian

Quote:

RDD: Take a print out of the email with time stamps and then send VW an email stating that if there is a PROBLEM with the gearbox, will they replace it gratis and also compensate you for the lost time. If they don't respond, send them a legal notice saying that you want your money back because they are not addressing your concerns and that you've read that they are recalling cars across Southeast Asia because the 'hot and humid' weather affects their gearboxes.
Once you have that in place, take them to consumer court (and hold the dealer as a party to the case as well). Let's see how the court decides on this? PM if you need any help
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 16:12   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
In the Overdrive Auto Show on CNN IBN today morning, Mr Bert interviews Mr Arvind Saxena, MD, VW India. Mr MD mentions placing emphasis on "building a network, having the fundamentals in place, network support based growth rather than individual-product bases growth, etc". All very well in theory but in practice, this is what VW India is exactly lacking in!
Mr Bert, you conveniently forgot to quizz the MD on the burning topic of DSG recall and India deliberately being left out! Wow! Talk of paying lip service. And Mr Saxena, it's high time VW India starts placing the customer first, only then there is a road ahead for you.
Thanks for bringing this up, the interview seemed to be a paid damage control job, nothing else can be expected from the experts these days. I should go through the OD archives and see which VAG freebie achieved this. Off hand I can think of a Porsche experience drive at the factory, OD devoted a whole episode to it, that, or the AUDI ice drive PR blitz, that one included a whole lot of contest winners too, 2 or 3 shows devoted a lot of time to it.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 17:05   #53
BHPian

I just got off the call with VW customer care at 1800-102-0909. I was told that VW in India will recall cars with DSG and will replace synthetic oil with mineral oil.

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 19:24   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
I just got off the call with VW customer care at 1800-102-0909. I was told that VW in India will recall cars with DSG and will replace synthetic oil with mineral oil.

Cheers,
Hope you receive an intimation from VW.A.S.S soon. To reconfirm the recall report, it's only the Petrol ones which are impacted, right?

There have been failure cases of 6-speed DSGs in Diesels, but maybe failed nos. are significantly lower than the 7-speed ones to warrant an attention from VW. (Btw I own a pre-FL Laura 1.9DSG!!).
Old 25th November 2013, 22:24   #55
Senior - BHPian

Hope the 7speed DSG problems really get addressed by this switch to mineral oil in the gearbox.

However, it could happen that "more than one factor" causes the DSG failure problems - who knows if there is still some other factor not addressed ?

Also, what happens with Skoda DSG cars ?

I am still hoping the new Octavia 1.8TSI MT will be launched soon - it will take a lot for anyone to have faith in the DSG!
Old 26th November 2013, 07:00   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safeer View Post
Hope you receive an intimation from VW.A.S.S soon. To reconfirm the recall report, it's only the Petrol ones which are impacted, right?

There have been failure cases of 6-speed DSGs in Diesels, but maybe failed nos. are significantly lower than the 7-speed ones to warrant an attention from VW. (Btw I own a pre-FL Laura 1.9DSG!!).
@safeer

I have just booked the TSI and had been seeking to know if India is also under recall. I know for sure that the 7 speed DSG, also in the Polo GT TSI is recalled and do not know about the others.

I feel that VW does not want to make it a matter of public interest in India, so they are discreet and may contact the owners directly.

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 14:32   #57
BHPian

Quote:

Today, I had been to the the dealer(VW Whitefield), and met the Service Adviser regarding the DSG recall. He had no clue about this. Fortunately he told me that manager might be aware of this, and he took me to the manager. Manager confirmed that he has got a communication from the VW, and has made a list of TSi owners(and would be getting in touch with them in a day or two). May be you should talk to the manager(Service).
shetty_rohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 11:14   #58
BHPian

I spoke to the VW customer care yesterday. According to them the issue is with Vento & Polo DSG and does not impact Jetta DSG.However,they took my car's VIN number and said that they will revert in due time.
Old 30th November 2013, 21:18   #59
BHPian

I went to Sundaram VW in Chennai looking for a Vento TSI.

The SE initially told me that I can buy extended warranty anytime within 2 years and it will come for sure, he had no answer when i asked what if VW never offers it. When I insisted if he can give it to me in writing, he consulted his boss. The boss clearly told me not to expect VW to give extended warranty at all and that I should go ahead and buy, if i'm very keen on it. I'm wondering if the pressure from new city will VW to act on it. Also the dealer had no clue about the recall and maintains that they have not heard anything from the company on this front.

I have a few questions to the wise

1)where can we get monthly sales figures for these cars? im keen to look at how many skoda octavias have been sold as well. Do the OEMs release variant wise sales numbers or will it just be for the vento as a whole.

2) given the specs of city petrol AT, which one would be more fun to drive and handle vento TSI or new city AT? I know there is going to be an official review but i'm curious to know if anybody has anything to say this early just by looking at the specs.

3) Has anyone from chennai driving a vento/polo received a call yet for the oil change?

Last edited by Shortsell : 30th November 2013 at 21:25.
Old 29th December 2013, 19:38   #60
RDD

Finally VW got in touch with me and based on my VIN number it seems I already have mineral oil in my DSG.. What a farce! I'm very skeptical about how this business is managed here. @ BHPians, any independent way of confirming this based on my VIN?

The guy also promised that they are ironing out details with the insurance company and will shortly release the extended warranty for models with DSG... Again this was based on a phone conversation and when I asked for a reply to my email, he conveniently says once the warranty is launched he'll email me.
RDD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks