Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2006, 12:31   #16

Baleno will be replaced?

I read the following article on Baleno being replaced...
http://carwale.com/Resources/Detaile.../FiestaVsCity/

"we think it's only a matter of time before the Baleno is replaced with a new car from Suzuki". I have seen some threads in team BHP on a new Baleno in sep 2005. Ppl said there might be a new Baleno in 2006...

Is it going to happen? How soon?

Mods note: Thread merged.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th June 2006 at 12:51.
Old 27th June 2006, 13:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajan_sovi
"we think it's only a matter of time before the Baleno is replaced with a new car from Suzuki". I have seen some threads in team BHP on a new Baleno in sep 2005. Ppl said there might be a new Baleno in 2006... Is it going to happen? How soon?
Well, you did get a new Baleno in '06. Remember the one (current version) with the rear indicator glass modified to white from the previous yellow ?

With Baleno doing pretty well in sales for the past 2 years, I would not expect MUL to pull the plug on it. They might position the Liana just above the Baleno, but then pricing would have to be carefully arrived at, if they do not want a screw-up similar to the one they had with the Baleno when it was launched at 8L+. If at all they bring in the Liana and keep the Baleno, I would expect the price to be between 7L and 8L (positioned just above the Baleno). Anything more than that could spell trouble.

Frankly, I don't care whether they keep the Baleno or phase it out. From my experience with our '85 model M800 (that we had for close to 20 years, till as recently as end-2004), I know that spares won't be an issue for donkey's years, being available both via MASS and other sources. Maintenance is pretty low anyway and there is nothing that your local MASS cannot fix.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 27th June 2006 at 13:53.
Old 27th June 2006, 19:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

I dont think it would be a great idea to phase out the Baleno since it sells good now.

I just wish MUL does a few cosmetic changes to the car. Especially the rear. I am looking at Baleno 3-4 years from now to upgrade from Alto. I hope it becomes better looking by then. The reason to look at Baleno for an upgrade is the spares and service availability accross the country. And of course for the proven, decent performance. I still remember the Maruti Ad where the Gypsy guy asks for service somewhere in Ladakh.

I have always sweared by Maruti for that.
Old 29th June 2006, 14:50   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha
If Baleno is phased out, the would be the worst ever decision by maruti & suzuki(thank god they are not doing it). It's just selling like HOT CAKES these days. And with a price range of 5.8 - 7 lakhs it's defntly worth & VFM.
Yes. Baleno does seem to be selling a lot. You do see a lot of them on the road these days, at least in Bangalore. Mostly Silver LXI models.

A revamped Baleno with little more modern interiors and redesigned tail lights may help MUL sell it even more. Learn from Honda - slight touch ups in ZX does make NHC look and sell better.
Old 29th June 2006, 15:08   #20
BHPian

How about the Liana which was in Top Gear until the last season? They literally squeezed the hell out of that car. The car does look quite ugly.
The new Zen might be the North American Swift with a stripped down engine.
Regarding the Baleno, they should reintroduce it as the new Esteem with the 1.6. That'll be some serious kicka** then.
Old 29th June 2006, 17:17   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
I still remember the Maruti Ad where the Gypsy guy asks for service somewhere in Ladakh.

I have always sweared by Maruti for that.
Hey, I hate to burst your bubble, but it was just an advertisement and definitely not true life. We have had Gypsies for combined 15 years at least and we always had problems getting it serviced/repaired by the dealers in Mumbai, forget Ladakh.

Once it took Vitesse more than 2 months to source the carburettor packing for our Gypsy King, until my dad, who is a lawyer, threatened to sue Maruti and Vitesse. Then when the part finally came, I went with the car and all the mechanics gathered around with the charts and manuals. By that time I was pretty friendly with the head mechanic, so he told me that this is the first time they were opening a Gypsy so everyone had come to see!

However, Maruti A.S.S is really good on the whole. Only Gypsy gets this special treatment, because it is not a mass produced vehicle.
Old 29th June 2006, 19:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Once it took Vitesse more than 2 months to source the carburettor packing for our Gypsy King, until my dad, who is a lawyer, threatened to sue Maruti and Vitesse. so he told me that this is the first time they were opening a Gypsy so everyone had come to see!
This very unfortunate that the mech never seen a gypsy opening. I guess this a one of case. Most MASS mechs are pretty much well trained and updated on the new tech stuff(Nothing much new with maruti cars apart from the MPFI and EPS)

Like you mentioned it might be due to the Gypsy being a rare vehicle. Most of them are produced for the Armed forces and other Govt services. We have owned 3 M800 and own an Alto now. Never come across such an issue. Maybe the dealership was just lethargic on service staff training.
Old 30th June 2006, 07:50   #23
BHPian

in trivandrum also these balenos are becoming popular in 2006............. i think due to that white indicator and reduced price.... the rear also looks better than the old one............so it is wise to maintain baleno............
Old 30th June 2006, 10:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

@premdiv, its not just limited to cities. The Baleno is increasingly being seen even in small towns. My small town of Mavelikara, when I last went there 2 months ago, had around 5. I guess, with the discounts that MUL is offering, it has become incredibly VFM.
Old 30th June 2006, 14:38   #25
BHPian

I don't find any reason behind discontinuation of Baleno. Its doing well now! As people are becoming aware of the car, they are being inclined towards it. Why wouldn't they go for Baleno, price is great and advantages list is very long over the competition. Baleno is getting popular in cities as well as small towns now.
Old 6th July 2006, 02:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

This economic times article says MUL, in the next two years, will launch 3 new sedans, one exclusively for export to Europe, the other will be entry level mid-size car and will take on Ford Ikon, Hyundai Accent and Tata Indigo and the premium car will take on the Honda City. And it also says, Baleno may be replaced by this new premium car.

Quote:
the premium car may replace the Suzuki Baleno and will take on Honda City.
Source: The Economic Times.

Last edited by amit : 6th July 2006 at 02:41.
Old 10th July 2006, 17:26   #27
BHPian

I feel Liana Sedan is not a good option for India irrespective of its price. Its already quite old in Japanese market and doesnt look good from any angle. The competition at its segment is ultra modern when compared to it. Hope sense prevails at Maruti.
Old 20th July 2006, 16:38   #28
BANNED

Is Baleno going to be discontinued ?

Hello Guys,
My brother is planning to buy A baleno but one of his friends said to him that baleno is going to be ....discontinued ? Is that true ...?

NOTE FROM MODERATOR : Threads merged.

Last edited by adya33 : 21st July 2006 at 15:33.
Old 20th July 2006, 16:55   #29
BHPian

All cars will be discontinued some day - the B is a great car - buy it and use it for five years without fear - continued or dis-continued, you will get plenty of spares, excellent service, and more important, thrills galore driving this baby!
Old 20th July 2006, 20:31   #30
BANNED

Well he's is looking between Swift & Baleno ,his budget is 5lakh ,i'll talk to him & say wht u told !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks